Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9827 9828 [9829] 9830 9831 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796106 times)

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147420 on: December 10, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »

Happies today:
  • Got 100% on my most recent applied chem exam. Take that, enthalpy, electron shells, specific heat capacity, and other concepts!
  • A. told me that her "He's dumb" remark was meant to refer to our Bio prof, not me; my response:

Me: "Oh... OK." *awkward pause* "... I am kind of a dumbass sometimes." :P
    A.: (faintly amused?) "We all have our moments."

I like this girl. :D
  • Explained the different test and control groups in our fluorescent bacteria experiment to a small group of people; I was awkward, incoherent, and not very articulate, but I said words at people today, damn it! In your face, anxiety!
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #147421 on: December 10, 2014, 06:31:27 pm »

Finished with all of my classes for the semester.  Just gotta wait on a program to get graded and I'll know what I made for the Semester, A's if the program comes back good.  I'll be out of work pretty soon and that kinda sucks, but whatever, I need a break.

Dunno what I'm going to do with all this free time.  I've been chewing on the idea of getting the FG&RP board's help with designing a world and maybe making a D&D campaign off of it, possibly a forum game. 

All I know right now is that I'm definitely going to enjoy my time off.

Inspiration. Even if that setting doesn't work, the method is a pretty good way to crowdsource worldbuilding.

Ah, Ashworld. I wish we'd do more with it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147422 on: December 10, 2014, 06:32:26 pm »

-snip-

Inspiration. Even if that setting doesn't work, the method is a pretty good way to crowdsource worldbuilding.
Giant sea(ash?) creatures inhabit the oceans beyond the islands.  They're worshipped as gods on the outer islands.

I remember that thread, I made a really poor chapter about it that had too much exposition (that's mainly been my biggest problem with my stories, I need to leave mysteries).  I was sort of thinking about doing something in that vein, but more or less to flesh out a pre-existing world.  I already have a central theme and some small details in there, but I'm really bad at covering every last base.

Well, not "bad", per se.  It's just that I get really hung up on naming things and tend to make larger towns and stuff so I don't have to go naming everything Xville, or the like.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147423 on: December 10, 2014, 07:30:12 pm »

What you need to do is put an asterisk on to everything you want to explain, dump all that explanation into a footnote, save that as a file, and then delete all the footnotes and post it without asterisks.

That way, you can work it all out, but you can still have your mysteries~
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147424 on: December 10, 2014, 07:50:44 pm »

That.... Is not actually a bad idea.  I wonder if I can salvage some stuff...

* Karkov has withdrawn from society.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147425 on: December 10, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »

Can't wait to see! Now that it's been brought up again I kinda miss the whole Ashworld/Ashenpearl thing

In other news: while I may not get to sleep in, I do get to go to bed early tonight!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #147426 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:35 pm »

When it was first made, I thought Ashworld was too grimdark, but now that I think about it, it would be really interesting seeing a game set in that world.

Also, I wouldn't mind doing another collaborative world-building thing.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #147427 on: December 10, 2014, 11:32:07 pm »

As a useless piece of shit whose motivation has disappeared in a puff of "It's finals next week and I don't get a break afterward", I found myself playing the Witcher 2. I'm pleasantly surprised - it seems to have preserved things I liked about the original while improving some of the things that I wasn't a tremendous fan of. Huge fan of the way romance seems to be being handled, as of the bath ruins scene. If the menus weren't somewhat denser than Neutronium, and if side quests had better explanations of some of the details, it'd be damn near perfect.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147428 on: December 11, 2014, 12:01:37 am »

Started exercising tonight
Did a mix of push ups, sit ups, squats,and jumping jacks

Did like 5-15 reps of one then moved onto the next
Got through like 3 reps of each till I thought I was done

I regret one thing, not stretching
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147429 on: December 11, 2014, 12:57:54 am »

My team and I presented our game prototype to the club tonight, and it went awesome! Since we went second to last, I didn't muster quite the energy as when I pitched the game, but we were the only project there to call up members of the audience to play out game. Local multiplayer FTW!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #147430 on: December 11, 2014, 02:00:41 am »

My team and I presented our game prototype to the club tonight, and it went awesome! Since we went second to last, I didn't muster quite the energy as when I pitched the game, but we were the only project there to call up members of the audience to play out game. Local multiplayer FTW!
Game? :D
What game? :D
(Also grats for that!)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147431 on: December 11, 2014, 02:03:41 am »

As soon as I get the latest .exe from our repository I think I shall share a download link with y'all, though via pm (or the IRC) because I don't think I should be throwing it up for the whole internet to grab.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147432 on: December 11, 2014, 08:30:19 am »

HAH! Philosophy paper written and printed out! I have only one thing to say: Why do I procrastinate so I had to wake up at 6 to finish it and I finished it with only an hour to spare this is not a good thing why do I hate myself so
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147433 on: December 11, 2014, 08:38:04 am »

HAH! Philosophy paper written and printed out! I have only one thing to say: Why do I procrastinate so I had to wake up at 6 to finish it and I finished it with only an hour to spare this is not a good thing why do I hate myself so
Look at it this way: is your paper done?
Then you did better than me, and I'm amazing. That makes you double amazing or some crap like that.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147434 on: December 11, 2014, 09:16:11 am »

I am feeling significantly better, less nauseous and stomach is fine.
Looks like the "don't eat for 18 hours" plan worked pretty well.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 9827 9828 [9829] 9830 9831 ... 13325