Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9808 9809 [9810] 9811 9812 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796182 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #147135 on: December 06, 2014, 03:52:24 pm »

Making a space invader game as a tutorial for Stencyl. Bullets were working, but it seems that whenever an enemy died, the bullets heading for it got stuck. Some of them even spun away. This looked very ugly.
Before, when I really sucked at coding anything, I would have given up. A solution came to me this time: make the bullets kill themselves when their speed is zero.
Yes, I know it's a very simple solution to a minor problem, but fuck it, I have never experienced the loveliness of actually fixing a bug.
How'd you guess?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147136 on: December 06, 2014, 03:57:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
halp

dying
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147137 on: December 06, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

You dun messed up. Empty image tags.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147138 on: December 06, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
halp

dying
I think you accidentally your image
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #147141 on: December 06, 2014, 04:51:18 pm »

Finished my final undergraduate paper (a year early, did a special kind of class because it was more convenient) and oh god, I am so fucking relieved. This hounded me all semester, but it's finally done. I don't even give a shit about finals compared to all the other work I've done this semester between that and debate, it's child's play.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #147142 on: December 06, 2014, 05:05:14 pm »

Listening to The Near Future and The Future Imperfect.
Soooooo worth paying for the early release, even if it's only a week.  :P
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147143 on: December 06, 2014, 05:54:15 pm »

I just had the best poo. Just...

The best shit. 10/10, would excrete fecal matter again
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147144 on: December 06, 2014, 06:31:51 pm »

I just had the best poo. Just...

The best shit. 10/10, would excrete fecal matter again
So did I, actually! Much better than runny ones like I've had lately.

But that's not what I came in here to say: I had an awesome time last night!
Saw a bunch of great bands in one place, went to another place and saw a couple more great bands, then went on a strange journey with them to some place I'd never heard of.
It turned out to be a weirdly swank bar-restaurant in a dingy shop front with a cramped back alley behind it leading to an old cinema, in which another good band were playing. Aaaaand then back to the earlier place where I discovered a couple more bands were playing on another stage, and managed to get in for free so that I could still afford another beer.

A rather surreal experience in all. Great fun.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147145 on: December 06, 2014, 06:34:34 pm »

Last night I was sad about working today. But it turns out that there are no loads today, so no work! \o/

Also got signed up for health benefits...which isn't exactly a happy, but at least it's taken care of.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147146 on: December 06, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »

After repeated attempts to get drunk without even the slightest hint of a buzz I finally got drunk.  It took like half a bottle of shitty vodka but I can finally confirm that I'm not miraculously immune to alcohol.

Playing video games with friends on skype.  First glass, nothing.  Second glass, within a minute of finishing everything was hilarious and I was suddenly very bad at shooting terrorists (which I found hilarious)
Congratulations! :D
I remember how amusing I found my first time being drunk- it didn't take me multiple attempts to achieve drunkenness, though.

Ran out of whisky, but then found a full flask in my pocket. Thank you drunk alcohol-hoarder me.
Oh man, truly a great moment for mankind. That would be awesome.
I need to start hiding flasks around my person for drunk-me to find...

Anyway, back to tracking down all the half-remembered bands I enjoyed yesterday.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #147147 on: December 06, 2014, 07:14:14 pm »

Okay, computer finally seems to have gotten more or less stabilized. Damnable new-fangled graphics cards. Weirdly, it seemed to calm right down as soon as I installed software to monitor temperature and suchlike so that I could figure out exactly what was going wrong, so I'm pretty sure it's deliberately fucking with me. Some may say that machines can't think yet, but I know otherwise. It does think - it knows right from wrong, and it chose the latter! Nothing could be this evil without premeditation.

I'm blatantly ripping off that spiel from a much better writer than me, but still. Glad to have some semblance of functionality again.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147148 on: December 06, 2014, 08:12:41 pm »

A freshly opened tin of Royal Dansk cookies and a glass of wine, could this evening get better?

(See, the trick is to keep an eye on the tin of cookies, because if you turn your back, you'll reach in next time to only find sewing supplies).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147149 on: December 06, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »

Your family does that too?

We store all kinds of shit in our cookie tins. Electronics, sewing supplies, children's toys, interesting pebbles.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 9808 9809 [9810] 9811 9812 ... 13325