Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9798 9799 [9800] 9801 9802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794480 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [=] Bay 12 cannot the box (Happy thread)
« Reply #146985 on: December 04, 2014, 08:38:16 pm »

So, my anger, sadness, and general misery has motivated me. I turned in about a dozen applications to various places today. I'm not going to hold my breath that any of them will come through, but it feels good to just get looking again. I'm way overqualified to be in the retail box, and I'd much rather be in the IT box anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #146986 on: December 04, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

Well, here's hoping at least one of them comes back accepted!
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146987 on: December 04, 2014, 08:57:43 pm »

I think he qualifies as bi.
Why do we have to put people in little sexuality boxes like that? Why can't some people just be "sexuality nonconforming" like me? :p
Because of this conversation and the idea of being outside boxes, I'm now picturing sexuality as a sort of five-dimensional space. Like that one scene in Interstellar :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146988 on: December 04, 2014, 09:02:36 pm »

That is a very confusing metaphor, to say the least. What does that make the gravitational anomalies?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146989 on: December 04, 2014, 09:05:32 pm »

Really, really, REALLY hot people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146990 on: December 04, 2014, 09:14:10 pm »

EXACTLY.
* Sirus names this the sexerract theory
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146991 on: December 04, 2014, 09:21:40 pm »

I think I had one of these as my analysis prof once...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146992 on: December 04, 2014, 09:35:02 pm »

Dark Souls Blog: Lots and lots of progress. I'm utterly stunned at this game. Just drawjoppingly gobsmacked in my expectations.  Pontential spoilers ahead.

Thigns accomplished today:

Defeated the Gargoyles. Then defeated the gargoyles about four more times by being a helpful phantom. Lotsa souls.

I finally get the go-ahead to check out Blight Town, after maybe a dozen attempts at treking down, I finally make it to the residential Blighttown Bonfire.

My mission is to find a big bell and ring it, problem being that I have no clue where it is. I turn Blighttown upside down, explore it and earn lotsa souls with more soapstone action. Pal'ing around with people is just the most fun and profitable thing. After several hours of aimless wandering in the rats nest of shacks, ladders, bridges, and homes of the actual rat-people that live there, I kill what I THOUGHT was the boss of the area, but it turns out was just a big buggy tentacle-y thing.

Then I stumble on something odd, a trail leading into a tree, leading into an empty room. Broseph's already know what's up and placed a message telling me about the Illusory wall. I jink through it, and then through another one behind it, and long story short, I wind up at the bottom of what is basically Yggdrasil in the most scenic, most grand, most gobsmockin place I never thought I'd wind up at.

Longer story shorter, I'm a dragon. A mutha fuckin dragon. I can breath fire and everything. The enemies that gave me so much trouble trying to get in were no problem as I blew them away as I walked out. This is just the most bestest and greatest reward for exploration I've ever received. Problem being: I still don't got no stinkin bell! Thought fer sure thar'd be a bell in dem der Yggdrasil.

Well, as I was Soaping around, people kept summoning me in to help and I'd getting pulled across the map into this boss fight that was just so hard and difficult, I was SURE that it was some kind of endgame boss and I'd have to just hope and pray I'd get carried through it so I could reap some ill-gotten and undeserved reward of souls from it. Turns out, that WAS the boss I was supposed to be fighting all this time!

After throwing myself against it as a phantom a couple times, enough to learn the windups to it's instakill moves by heart, I finally take a crack at it myself. It still takes me like four tries, and even trying to summon in help myself I keep getting people that are clueless and laggy, but some way, some how, through what was something like a half-hour long grind of a fight, I finally emerge VICTORIOUS!!!... and then I immediately die after the fight from lava on the ground. I almost lost the 20k souls from that fight just trying to run back there as fast as I could. but I did :>

Then exploring the room with the bell in it, DS once again reminds me "Oh you want grandeur? I'll SHOW YOU fucking grandeur." and the new area that's opened up is just so huge I have no choice but to put the game down for the day.

Though, in the oddest flipturn of events, in my initial exploration of the area, I wind up knocking out this enormous badass looking boss that was blocking progress in a single combo. I had no clue what the fuck I even did until the extra 20k souls dropped into my wallet. Alright, that's enough DS for today. Time to eat and pass out.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146993 on: December 04, 2014, 09:39:34 pm »

Somehow got an undamaged M2 MG from a utterly destroyed APC in cattaDDA. I think its a bug, but I dont care.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #146994 on: December 04, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:10:29 am by penguinofhonor »

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146995 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »

Good to hear you're having fun with the game Joshua, just wait until you get through the new area that opens up.  You want grandeur?  You're gonna get a heaping helping of it.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146996 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:35 pm »

Ah, what I wouldn't give to experience DS for the first time again. It really is best with no spoilers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #146997 on: December 04, 2014, 09:45:59 pm »

I got Krampus! And I had some good customizations for the mask so that's what I'm going to be rocking for a while.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146998 on: December 04, 2014, 09:49:21 pm »

Ah, what I wouldn't give to experience DS for the first time again. It really is best with no spoilers.

Truly, it is.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146999 on: December 04, 2014, 10:15:57 pm »

HOXBUTT HAS BEEN SAVED AND ACHIEVED.

wait

Shit. I need to find Christmas avatar(s)! PLS HALP BOOBS18
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9798 9799 [9800] 9801 9802 ... 13325