Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9725 9726 [9727] 9728 9729 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15737405 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145890 on: November 19, 2014, 07:18:22 am »

Seriously, does anyone who doesn't play Ultramarines... Even Like Ultramarines?
I just think that they have been hogging the spotlight for far too long and it's time they gave it to somebody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145891 on: November 19, 2014, 07:40:09 am »

Captain Titus is awesome, but he's also a walking bird flipped towards Our Spiritual Liege.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:42:26 am by Darvi »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145892 on: November 19, 2014, 07:46:53 am »

It's a
Seriously, does anyone who doesn't play Ultramarines... Even Like Ultramarines?
I just think that they have been hogging the spotlight for far too long and it's time they gave it to somebody else.
Quote from: Goddamn Ward
[t]he Ultramarines are undoubtedly the best Space Marines ever. Yes, really! Thanks to the heritage of Guilliman and their myriad heroic deeds, the Ultramarines are the exemplars of the Space Marines. With a few fringe exceptions... all Space Marine chapters want to be like the Ultramarines and recognize Marneus Calgar as their Spiritual Liege.
Got from here

Ward and his angling of canon has gone hand-in-hand with him elevating Ultramarines to the greatest heights of Mary Suedom. Plus, yeah, they are boring. Their whole shtick is they always follow the rules. But Matt Ward has decided they're the ultimate space marines and everyone either wants to be them or is too stubborn (and dying out because they aren't making new chapters).
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145893 on: November 19, 2014, 08:14:44 am »

Example of emergent features in games:
Quote from: Toady
I cleaned up some crashes today. One of them involved a night creature that had wandered into a shop and killed the owner... the creature then somehow got assigned as the owner. The crash happened when the night creature tried to come up with things to say to potential shoppers, since it didn't have a civilization as a frame of reference. I fixed that part, but I still have no idea why it thought it should change professions in the first place...
Night creature shopkeeper: bug, or feature, or both? I love that it only glitched out when the creature tried to converse with shoppers, like it hadn't planned that far ahead in it's shop takeover bid.
Oh man... that is great. :D
I miss reading devlogs, I haven't been keeping up lately. Haven't really had the time or the setup to get re-addicted to DF.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145894 on: November 19, 2014, 11:47:52 am »

I checked my privilege.

Baffler confirmed for shitlord.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #145895 on: November 19, 2014, 11:54:08 am »

Well at least I'm lord of something.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145896 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:03 pm »

That "Gunner Girl" shirt that the Rosetta scientist was getting shit over has been sold out constantly for basically the entire time then until now.
That is fucking hilarious.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145897 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:45 pm »

Huzzah, I'm a shitlord!

That's...good, right? :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145898 on: November 19, 2014, 12:42:06 pm »

That "Gunner Girl" shirt that the Rosetta scientist was getting shit over has been sold out constantly for basically the entire time then until now.
That is fucking hilarious.
I honestly have no idea what the big deal is. I consider myself a feminist and have desktop wallpapers of scantily clad women. I will admit that his choice of attire was a bit unprofessional, but it's not a big enough deal to get upset about.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145899 on: November 19, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »

Computers tests are the best. They're always easy! Of course, I spend most of my programming classes working on a roguelike (because I don't like OpenGL D:)...

I've spent half this afternoon playing a flash game about managing planets that you seed with biomass. The biomass grows, you harvest it, intelligent life evolves and tries to kill you, you slap them with varying effects harmful to biomass production depending on the slap, space locusts eat whole planets bare...

I would actually pay money for an extended version of this game with better graphics and a non-flash interface.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145900 on: November 19, 2014, 01:46:08 pm »

I was trying to figure out when I can retire financially.  I'm pretty confident I can retire by 50, and I think there is a good chance I could retire by 45 depending on how well my investments do. 

Then I can live the dream of living like a hermit in a yurt in the middle of a forest with a couple of dogs.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #145901 on: November 19, 2014, 01:48:52 pm »

took that pre-cal test I mentioned in yon sad thread. Completely burned out now but I think I passed at least. Compared to other people I may be one of the few people in the class to completely finish it.  At least I knew how to work out most of the problems, better than some past quizzes/tests I've had in that class.

It's done now. \o/
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145902 on: November 19, 2014, 01:52:13 pm »

I was trying to figure out when I can retire financially.  I'm pretty confident I can retire by 50, and I think there is a good chance I could retire by 45 depending on how well my investments do. 

Then I can live the dream of living like a hermit in a yurt in the middle of a forest with a couple of dogs.   :P
Well, you can't withdraw from your CPP until you hit 60, so anything prior to that is purely funded by your own money. My work pension can pay out as early as 55, which is 5 years of just relying on it alone. Nice to know I could retire then just fine, and worst case scenario it'll be 60. ~28 years to go!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145903 on: November 19, 2014, 01:54:27 pm »

My score on this math test was 80%, up from 76% the last time and 72% the time before that. Whoo studying!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145904 on: November 19, 2014, 01:55:41 pm »

In Canada we can withdraw from our RRSP's and TFSA early thankfully(although the RRSP will be taxed as income on withdrawl).

My plan is to use the RRSP from 45(or 50) until I can draw from my work pension, then draw on my work pension until I can take advantage of old-age benefits.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 9725 9726 [9727] 9728 9729 ... 13325