Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9695 9696 [9697] 9698 9699 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798837 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145440 on: November 12, 2014, 07:10:44 pm »

Also, AC Unity is infamously shit in terms of graphics and optimization. Seriously, it's to the level that Ubisoft is as reviled as EA now for putting out shit and expecting people to buy it.
Honestly, from what I've seen, the load times rival Sonic '06, and the online features are so restrictive as to almost make the game unplayable in offline single player.

Ironically, they've pretty much become exactly what Abstergo from the AC games is. A soulless corporation milking a single IP for every penny.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145441 on: November 12, 2014, 07:19:05 pm »

Where I grew up, your options were Walmart, or drive an hour in to the city. Or I guess No Frills came in eventually and sold electronics, but they're a grocery store, that's dumb. Their selection sucked.
A few independent stores tried to operate, mostly renting games, but they all sank one after the other.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145442 on: November 12, 2014, 07:26:08 pm »

Because Walmart drives everything out of business. the problem is, that now that Walmart has come in and set up in certain places, if they left now, entire states would economically flounder because they've basically relied on Walmart for all their commerce.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145443 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:59 pm »

Also: finally got my Diary of a Deranged Man game up
This aught to be fun
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145444 on: November 12, 2014, 07:58:43 pm »

Because Walmart drives everything out of business. the problem is, that now that Walmart has come in and set up in certain places, if they left now, entire states would economically flounder because they've basically relied on Walmart for all their commerce.
Do you know if anything dramatic happened when Walmart was banned from your area?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #145445 on: November 12, 2014, 08:00:39 pm »

Anyone else here following this Walmart thing and not getting it because you also don't have Walmart?
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #145446 on: November 12, 2014, 08:20:52 pm »

Re: Walmart:
BLAST YOU WALHMART, YOU CAN'T TAKE OVER THE WORLD ON MY WATCH YOU RED-ARMORED FIEND :P

So, my parents made me come to the school talent show on account of my sister's participation. Most of the acts were pretty meh and most of the vocal acts were pop music that I despise, although two guys jamming on a bass and some drums were pretty sweet.

Then the choir and band teachers got up there and played the Legend of Zelda theme on the baritone and tuba, which made the whole thing worthwhile. :D
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #145447 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »

In unrelated news, drinking chai through a cinnamon stick is as amazing as it sounds. Also, I'd forgotten how tasty a big pile of vegetables could be; I really need to start taking care of myself better than I have been, but tonight was a good start. Need quality fuel to keep up with the stress treadmill.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #145448 on: November 12, 2014, 08:29:08 pm »

Made lamb rogan josh for dinner. Turned out quite well.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145449 on: November 12, 2014, 09:16:39 pm »

doug benson

pls

PLS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145450 on: November 12, 2014, 10:42:36 pm »

Made lamb rogan josh for dinner. Turned out quite well.

Welcome to Indian food.  :D
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #145451 on: November 12, 2014, 11:23:55 pm »

just started on that free copy of Metro 2033 from the HB website

jesus I love the atmosphere of this game. Going from the extremely cramped and noisy (yet cozy, in a way) subway stations to the eerily quiet tunnels and surface makes for a great tension-release cycle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145452 on: November 12, 2014, 11:40:03 pm »

just started on that free copy of Metro 2033 from the HB website

jesus I love the atmosphere of this game. Going from the extremely cramped and noisy (yet cozy, in a way) subway stations to the eerily quiet tunnels and surface makes for a great tension-release cycle.

I love that series! Make sure to do at least one playthrough on ranger mode though. it's 10 times better IMO but requires some familiarity with the game to really do effectively. It makes it so most people (including you) will be killed with just a couple shots and ammunition is ridiculously scarce.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145453 on: November 12, 2014, 11:43:27 pm »

Hey, apparently the PS4 isn't that bad.
No, it really is. Just look at those controllers, they're fucking retarded.
Makes me angry that Sony just up and decided to change the design for no reason whatsoever, and not make the console compatible with the far-better Ps3 controllers. That stupid design decision is the reason I'm not buying a Ps4. It'll be the first Playstation console I don't buy.

Now, I just need to save up for a gaming PC once I have a place to put one.

Edit: Actual Happy: Just finally got around to cancelling my old internet connection, something I should have done ages ago.
It was much easier than I expected, and I even get a bit of a refund! :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:06:36 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145454 on: November 13, 2014, 12:11:41 am »

Hey, apparently the PS4 isn't that bad.
No, it really is. Just look at those controllers, they're fucking retarded.
Makes me angry that Sony just up and decided to change the design for no reason whatsoever, and not make the console compatible with the far-better Ps3 controllers. That stupid design decision is the reason I'm not buying a Ps4. It'll be the first Playstation console I don't buy.

Now, I just need to save up for a gaming PC once I have a place to put one.

Edit: Actual Happy: Just finally got around to cancelling my old internet connection, something I should have done ages ago.
It was much easier than I expected, and I even get a bit of a refund! :D
Now, that's overreacting. It holds exactly like the old ones, it just has a big box in the middle. Boo-fucking-whoo.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9695 9696 [9697] 9698 9699 ... 13325