Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9690 9691 [9692] 9693 9694 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796818 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145365 on: November 11, 2014, 11:44:28 pm »

Just saw Interstellar. Really great movie, you should all see it (preferably in IMAX).

With the sound system in an IMAX theater, it's not just your typical "wow, I feel this in my rib cage" sort of bass, it's "holy hell I think the theater is in the process of launching to space."

But anyway, pretty good high-concept plot for a mainstream sci-fi movie, with surprisingly few straight-up plot ass-pulls you typically see in sci-fi (and that includes technobabble).

Also some demoscene style fx in there towards the end, which is a plus in my book.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #145366 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:13 pm »

In our local area, we have a thing a couple times a year where everyone puts out their large rubbish on the side of the road to be picked up.

Someone threw out an 24" aluminium iMac. I fixed it and now its mine 8). (Screen is so big)

Was contemplating selling it on eBay for several hundred dollars, but now I'm just going to use it. Such a big screen compared to my 17" laptop's screen.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145367 on: November 12, 2014, 12:00:03 am »

I have a recipe somewhere for eggless cookie dough, specificly for eating. But I was baking cookies, so screw health hazards.
Raw eggs are not a health hazard. Unless the egg farmers are really, really really scummy.
Salmonella is a thing in raw eggs, even in pasteurized ones. It's a rare thing (1 in between 5k and 20k, depending on who you ask,) but it's a thing nonetheless.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145368 on: November 12, 2014, 01:15:46 am »

One in five to twenty thousand isn't so much a hazard as minor risk. I'm pretty sure driving to work in the mornings is more dangerous than that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145369 on: November 12, 2014, 01:52:13 am »

One in five to twenty thousand isn't so much a hazard as minor risk. I'm pretty sure driving to work in the mornings is more dangerous than that.
Probably not, given that you have 1.27 fatalities per 100,000,000 miles driven (at least in the US.) Granted, salmonella isn't usually fatal barring extenuating circumstances, but it's not pleasant. (I once contracted it from my ex's parakeet. She never cleaned the cage, and when I did it, it made me sick as hell. Not fun.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145370 on: November 12, 2014, 01:58:49 am »

Point taken. But either way, it's a risk I'm happy taking just so I can eat those tasty, tasty raw eggs.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145371 on: November 12, 2014, 01:59:07 am »

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:58:19 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #145372 on: November 12, 2014, 02:12:53 am »

Valkyria Chronicles is on steam now

This is the first I've seen of this game and oh my fucking god

I've been playing Fallen London if anyone wants to join me in a little atmospheric mildly grindy browser game. I'm Wektor.
Oh yheaaa, i played that for a bit.
Got bored of it pretty soon though, might come back on if i can remember where i put my username and password.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145373 on: November 12, 2014, 02:37:49 am »

In our local area, we have a thing a couple times a year where everyone puts out their large rubbish on the side of the road to be picked up.

Someone threw out an 24" aluminium iMac. I fixed it and now its mine 8). (Screen is so big)

Was contemplating selling it on eBay for several hundred dollars, but now I'm just going to use it. Such a big screen compared to my 17" laptop's screen.
Score!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145374 on: November 12, 2014, 03:31:12 am »

Playing Smash 4 online has taught me something.

The dorf is back. All worship Ganon.

(riding the hype train all the way to C tier)

EDIT: THE DORF IS BACK.

(he's still significantly better in project m though like wow is he a beast there)

EDIT 2: Someone posted the first four parts of the taylor series of the exponential function1 and I correctly guessed the rest of it from there. I need to go back to school. To be exact, they posted "exp(x) = 1 + x + (1/2)x2 + (1/6)x3 + ..."; this wasn't enough information for me, but I guessed it was (1/n!)xn. I was trying to make the point that there wasn't enough information in the post to easily extrapolate the full taylor series (they were speaking in layman's terms), but the fact that I managed it regardless sorta undermined that...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:15:17 am by Putnam »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145375 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:00 am »

Just saw Interstellar. Really great movie, you should all see it (preferably in IMAX).

With the sound system in an IMAX theater, it's not just your typical "wow, I feel this in my rib cage" sort of bass, it's "holy hell I think the theater is in the process of launching to space."

But anyway, pretty good high-concept plot for a mainstream sci-fi movie, with surprisingly few straight-up plot ass-pulls you typically see in sci-fi (and that includes technobabble).

Also some demoscene style fx in there towards the end, which is a plus in my book.
An sf movie with the quality of an sf book? Hell yes.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #145376 on: November 12, 2014, 07:02:59 am »

Was pretty good. There are some things that made me groan, but I would recommend it. Don't buy a drink from the concessions stand, though.

And yeah, Imax. The sound actually becomes wind.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145377 on: November 12, 2014, 07:17:08 am »

Science Fiction tidbit! I studied it a bit in University, and I learnt one important thing.
The best way to make a Professor who has focused on Science Fiction cringe, is to call it Sci-fi. To them there's a huge distinction between Science Fiction (Asimov, Clark et. al.) and Sci-Fi (Star Wars etc.).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145378 on: November 12, 2014, 07:27:48 am »

Science Fiction tidbit! I studied it a bit in University, and I learnt one important thing.
The best way to make a Professor who has focused on Science Fiction cringe, is to call it Sci-fi. To them there's a huge distinction between Science Fiction (Asimov, Clark et. al.) and Sci-Fi (Star Wars etc.).
Ah, but I used SF. What does that mean? :P (apart from the fact that I'm lazy)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145379 on: November 12, 2014, 07:32:26 am »

Star Wars is, last time I checked, far from being Science Fiction.
Pages: 1 ... 9690 9691 [9692] 9693 9694 ... 13325