Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9683 9684 [9685] 9686 9687 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791594 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145260 on: November 11, 2014, 04:05:02 am »

That's unusual. I've never found that necessary.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145261 on: November 11, 2014, 04:08:04 am »

Maybe they were interested in the contents.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #145262 on: November 11, 2014, 04:27:06 am »

Bweh. I meant external hard drive.
Oh, that makes much more sense :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145263 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:37 am »

I still want to try buffalo (as in: water) to compare the two.

There's a farm stall somewhere in the Northern part of the Eastern Cape where you could probably get a buffalo pie. I think I've had a kudu venison one, and one of my family members had warthog, IIRC.

Bit of a trip to try buffalo, though.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145264 on: November 11, 2014, 06:06:07 am »

I just recently daydreamed up a movie script. The premise: A lonely man who's an awful and awkward conversationalist creates a smartphone with an AI ala Cleverbot, and he somehow manages to get it's phone number into the hands of a girl he likes, and the whole rest of the movie is him trying to maintain the illusion that it's actually him that she's talking. The guy has to read their chat logs and this leads to wacky hijinx of him trying to impersonate the barely human but astoundingly flirtatious personality he created just so she doesn't catch on that they're different.

Then in the end, the truth is discovered, they fall in love anyway, and the AI achieves sentience and goes Skynet on the rest of humanity, rendering their love moot.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145265 on: November 11, 2014, 06:20:33 am »

I just recently daydreamed up a movie script. The premise: A lonely man who's an awful and awkward conversationalist creates a smartphone with an AI ala Cleverbot, and he somehow manages to get it's phone number into the hands of a girl he likes, and the whole rest of the movie is him trying to maintain the illusion that it's actually him that she's talking. The guy has to read their chat logs and this leads to wacky hijinx of him trying to impersonate the barely human but astoundingly flirtatious personality he created just so she doesn't catch on that they're different.

Then in the end, the truth is discovered, they fall in love anyway, and the AI achieves sentience and goes Skynet on the rest of humanity, rendering their love moot.
Josh, you just wrecked my screen via high-velocity cash impact.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145266 on: November 11, 2014, 06:31:25 am »

Whoah.
That's... that's brilliant. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #145267 on: November 11, 2014, 07:08:28 am »

Too soon. Wait until people forget Her.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145268 on: November 11, 2014, 07:33:02 am »

I had a pretty blegh day yesterday, but still managed to bring myself to do the few to-do items I needed to get done, including starting meditating before bed, which has already started helping with stress levels.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145269 on: November 11, 2014, 08:16:40 am »

Too soon. Wait until people forget Her.

Oh man, I actually didn't even know that that movie existed. Wikipedia synopsis for it has me feeling depressed.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145270 on: November 11, 2014, 08:48:04 am »

I watched that in the theaters when It came out.

Tears were shed.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #145271 on: November 11, 2014, 10:19:13 am »

had a very good conversation in philosophy about the ethics of suicide (we were talking about Kant's metaphysics, so it got brought up). Also talked about the state of mental healthcare in the US, which is a subject i feel very strongly about. It was a good class in general.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145272 on: November 11, 2014, 11:00:23 am »

Man, I wrote my final philosophy paper on Kant, for some reason his philosophies were just ones that I absorbed and was able to relate well. Not that I 100 percent believed in them, but his entire process made sense. I got like a 90 something on that paper.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #145273 on: November 11, 2014, 11:12:55 am »

had a very good conversation in philosophy about the ethics of suicide (we were talking about Kant's metaphysics, so it got brought up). Also talked about the state of mental healthcare in the US, which is a subject i feel very strongly about. It was a good class in general.
How'd the discussion go? Details, man! Provide them!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #145274 on: November 11, 2014, 11:20:11 am »

Kant confused me last time I tried to understand his stuff. I should probably try again, actually. Philosophy in general is something I should read more of.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 9683 9684 [9685] 9686 9687 ... 13325