Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9672 9673 [9674] 9675 9676 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791037 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #145095 on: November 08, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

I thought your mum wanted you to stay with her, or somesuch? Or was it only that she didn't want you to stay with your dad?

She's moving too. We're both getting away from here. She just didn't want me to move in with my dad.

Partly because she didn't want to live alone with her boyfriend, and partly due to issues she has with my dad's family.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #145096 on: November 08, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

Tonight I saw Rise Against Live for the first time. They are my favourite band. They played almost my dream setlist. The crowd was immense. My best mate was besides me for the entire thing, except when I crowdsurfed for the first time.

I think I'm dreaming.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145097 on: November 08, 2014, 07:22:49 pm »

Tonight I saw Rise Against Live for the first time. They are my favourite band. They played almost my dream setlist. The crowd was immense. My best mate was besides me for the entire thing, except when I crowdsurfed for the first time.

I think I'm dreaming.
I've been to a few concerts. They're not really my thing. Too many people. Too loud.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145098 on: November 08, 2014, 07:59:47 pm »

I think I'm dreaming.
I've been to a few concerts. They're not really my thing. Too many people. Too loud.
I've been to three concerts. At all three venues, I was prohibited from joining mosh pits by people who could physically restrain me. Three strikes, you're out, concerts.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145099 on: November 08, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »

I've been to multiple concerts and had fun at most of them :>

The only one I wasn't too fond of was the Van Halen concert, and that was mostly because the guy directly in front of me was smoking pot - lots of pot. I couldn't move because it was an indoor concert with assigned seating. Other than that it was a great show.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145100 on: November 08, 2014, 08:05:25 pm »

Blame Hanslanda. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #145101 on: November 08, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 02:29:34 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145102 on: November 08, 2014, 08:10:01 pm »

Nah, I doubt Hanslanda was at my show. Geography, y'know. But that would be a funny coincidence!

Probably my three favorite shows were...The Eagles back in 2006 (my first concert); a triple show starring Journey, Styx, and Def Leppard; and a double show featuring Chicago and the Doobie Brothers (who teamed up for a few songs).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145103 on: November 08, 2014, 08:20:13 pm »

I've seen RA in concert twice, they're really good. Like, really good. The only band that sounds almost exactly the same live as they do on an album. The first of those concerts included Saliva, who's also not bad live. I was also privileged enough to see the Summer Sanitarium tour back when the Pontiac Silverdome was still a thing. The Deftones (the lead singer was so smashed as to be unintelligible and passing out on stage,) Mudvayne (before they put out anything popular but "Dig," which I'm not a big fan of,) Linkin Park (zero energy on stage, looked bored,) Limp Bizkit (put on a surprisingly good show, much fire,) and Metallica (over an hour of stage setup, but put on two encores.) '03 was also the year I left Michigan and took over a sports bar, so it was memorable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #145104 on: November 08, 2014, 09:14:33 pm »

*sigh* I've never had the chance to go to a concert. :-\

There is no happy in this post. None.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #145105 on: November 08, 2014, 09:16:56 pm »

Heh, I'm listening to Deftones while reading your post MZ. Rise Against is great. Foo Fighters is another band I hear sounds just as good live as on their albums.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #145106 on: November 08, 2014, 10:12:28 pm »

I never understood the point of concerts.

Why spend way too much money on tickets to get jammed in with a ton of other people half of whom are probably smoking pot and most of whom are screaming, listening to the exact same songs you could hear in your living room, except (assuming you have a halfway decent sound system) they sound worse.

It makes no sense to me at all.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145107 on: November 08, 2014, 10:21:52 pm »

I think I'm dreaming.
Nice! :)
I crowdsurfed for the first time myself last week. Well, not counting a couple of times doing so unintentionally when much-larger people simply placed me atop the crowd... I don't go to a whole lot of shows that you'd call 'concerts', that suggests a larger, less-cramped venue to me.
Dingy bars, low stages and moshpits all the way.

All these people saying they don't like live music are making me very sad.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145108 on: November 08, 2014, 10:22:37 pm »

They're actually pretty fun if you go with friends.  I've been to a grand total of one, myself, and it was interesting that the best band was some British band I've never heard of, while the headliner (Everclear) really sucked.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #145109 on: November 08, 2014, 10:26:45 pm »

I don't like crowds or loud music. Concerts are way off.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 9672 9673 [9674] 9675 9676 ... 13325