Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9593 9594 [9595] 9596 9597 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15799652 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #143910 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:44 pm »

I've had better luck viewing the forums on a phone (or tablet, but sicne the tablet might have better power than a netbook I'm not sure if its a fair comparison) than on a netbook. Though I did manage to run a very silly and shortish forum game off one before it collapsed into a pile of refusestowork a couple years ago, so maybe its just bad luck?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143911 on: October 24, 2014, 11:51:06 pm »

Give Safari and Pale Moon a look, both rather good~

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143912 on: October 24, 2014, 11:57:54 pm »

I've had better luck viewing the forums on a phone (or tablet, but sicne the tablet might have better power than a netbook I'm not sure if its a fair comparison) than on a netbook. Though I did manage to run a very silly and shortish forum game off one before it collapsed into a pile of refusestowork a couple years ago, so maybe its just bad luck?

Some of us can't use touchscreens effectively and actively despise them. IMO, they're a step back from traditional keyboards and mice. Netbooks have those things while being as small and portable as you get while having the above accessories. Netbook usually works fine. Even runs DF pretty well. Plus its easily the most adorable computer I've ever seen.

Spoiler: OMYGAWDSOCKYOOT (click to show/hide)
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143913 on: October 25, 2014, 12:00:17 am »

Dawwwww~!

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143914 on: October 25, 2014, 12:01:54 am »

"asus"

Cute but so prone to crashing.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143915 on: October 25, 2014, 01:43:42 am »

Super Smash Bros for Wii U's opening cinematic has been released.

It uses the Battlefield theme.

The Battlefield theme was composed by Keiki Kobayashi.

Keiki Kobayashi factually composed Smash Bros. 4's main theme.

I am somehow fanboying anew about this info I already knew.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143916 on: October 25, 2014, 03:03:28 am »

"asus"

Cute but so prone to crashing.
Really? My Asus laptop hasn't crashed once apart from the kind of battery issues that plague laptops.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #143917 on: October 25, 2014, 03:05:06 am »

I migrated to Pale Moon.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #143918 on: October 25, 2014, 09:36:59 am »

Last night I led people in singing cheesy songs around a campfire (which we lit with a paraffin soaked torch!), and then played cards with them until ridiculous hours before finally heading to bed. Obviously, we then decided it was a good idea to hike up the neighbouring mountain and run all the way back down so we could break camp by ten. Loads of fun.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #143919 on: October 25, 2014, 10:00:26 am »

I think I may have written some of the most ugly code through all time. Imagine you are implementing the lost countdown timer, in an object oriented real time language, that has no else if chaining, no return statements and no logical operators. It... is... glorious.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #143920 on: October 25, 2014, 10:35:45 am »

I think I may have written some of the most ugly code through all time. Imagine you are implementing the lost countdown timer, in an object oriented real time language, that has no else if chaining, no return statements and no logical operators. It... is... glorious.
Prolog?

E:
Speaking of cards, I went to some mtg thing in a shop at my town and it was pretty cool. A few dudes that come togheter every last saturday of the month to play mtg togheter. I played monocolor white and a white-green knight deck that I forgot the name of. (But the last one was pretty silly since I only got 3 creatures and my opponent had a flying creature that I couldn't do shit about ;_;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:40:19 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #143921 on: October 25, 2014, 10:48:16 am »

Donuts!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #143923 on: October 25, 2014, 11:10:08 am »

Prolog?

No, a bare-bones language I have designed myself for a compiler construction course :p It works, but it is minimalistic as hell and I just wanted to get a working prototype. After I wrote that message I implemented AND, and OR expressions so now it is a lot easier on the eyes. I'll implement else if tomorrow but sadly return will have to wait, the bugs with that (it has to do with mutex lock claiming/releasing in the underlying language I am compiling TO) are too great to be fixed before the deadline on monday.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143924 on: October 25, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »

Made a new 'Cool pictures, videos, and links' thread.

I'm pretty happy about that. [/advertizing]
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 9593 9594 [9595] 9596 9597 ... 13325