Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9531 9532 [9533] 9534 9535 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15733089 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142980 on: October 12, 2014, 06:52:24 pm »

wow, fat tire amber ale is

just

fantastic beer. 10/10.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #142981 on: October 12, 2014, 07:02:10 pm »

Its not polygamy if you don't actually marry them. Its just really bizarre and possibly unethical
Unless you enlist them to help take over the world. Then its perfectly normal.
II and his literal army of Chinese mail-order wives. Is that canon now?

I'm gonna say that's canon now.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142982 on: October 12, 2014, 07:19:24 pm »

guys i'm still kind of weirded out by having a girlfriend

what do i do with it

do i take it for walks?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #142983 on: October 12, 2014, 07:22:22 pm »

Got muh test roll group generator to work, so now all that remains to be done is figuring out how to graph these things. That'll take some work, since I'll have to set up yet another loop to scale target numbers since that's the thing I'm actually going to need to investigate closely - but, from the very vague notions I get from looking at the spew of data I've got from non-rigorous test runs, my assumptions are holding out. You have a better chance of success no matter the context, but your overall results are only better than everybody acting alone if the task is quite difficult. That should probably be the most satisfying feel for gameplay, although perhaps it's overly optimistic about how teamwork plays out in reality.

I'll also need to test some weird corner cases, like if stats aren't distributed sensibly, but this should be fun.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #142984 on: October 12, 2014, 07:25:06 pm »

Team work fails completely in reality if the persons involved fail to cooperate. Can you simulate failure to cooperate?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #142985 on: October 12, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

Yes, you don't count toward the number of people in the group. I'm afraid I don't have rules for saboteurs, unintentional or not, though. I could probably quite reasonably extend the base rules toward applying penalties for such persons, but that's a level of complexity I want to stay away from until I get the base working.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #142986 on: October 12, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

what do i do with it

do i take it for walks?
I don't have any experience in this matter, but there's a quote I saw in ggamer's sig that I feel is relevant:
dude touch her butt
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #142987 on: October 12, 2014, 07:38:49 pm »

what do i do with it

do i take it for walks?
Um, you know how to deal with boyfriends? Treat her like a female one?

And remember, she is a person too!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142988 on: October 12, 2014, 08:17:36 pm »

A companion post to last month's "my car was totaled in a flood" in the sad thread, I bought what the delership labels as a "brand spanking used" '11 VW Jetta yesterday. I can roll up and down all of the windows while I'm outside of the car and it's got a butt warmer.

When I first read this I thought you were saying the new car was warmer than your old one, and that you were using "butt" as a unit of measurement. O.o

But yeah, I guess a room full of them is a few too many.

As long as you remember to feed and water your mail-order brides, and change their litter occasionally, I don't see the problem.
Maybe install a wheel in their enclosure, so they can exercise and stay healthy if you don't take them for walks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #142989 on: October 12, 2014, 08:26:14 pm »

I recently got back into Magic The Gathering, since I'm living near campus again and am close enough to my friends to regularly play with them. I decided to make myself a new deck that mostly consists of Ornithopters, Memnites, and other various free-to-play-but-awful creatures. And then I can use Mirrorweave to turn every single creature on the field into a Colossal Whale, including my opponents' creatures. Then I can use my whales to eat his whales and win the game. I'm not sure there's a more satisfying way to win this game.

Well, other than turning all of my cheapo creatures into Bronze Bombshells and using Sky Swallower to give all my cards to my opponent.

I'm a Johnny, through and through.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:47:25 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142990 on: October 12, 2014, 08:35:32 pm »

on a happy note, everyone remember that friend who I thought was super pissed off at me? Wellp, turns out that I didn't piss her off at all, she's just shitty at communicating!

Frustrating, but it worked out, so i'm happy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142991 on: October 12, 2014, 08:40:57 pm »

Wellp, turns out that I didn't piss her off at all, she's just shitty at communicating!
Hahahahah she tell you that?

v Edit: Ah. Then carry on.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 08:48:13 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142992 on: October 12, 2014, 08:45:43 pm »

yes. We had a pretty long talk (we haven't had a chance to catch up for a while for reasons not related to drinking), and she made it pretty clear that she wasn't all that mad.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #142993 on: October 12, 2014, 08:57:18 pm »

Sword fighting with my girlfriend
Was freaking fun
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142994 on: October 12, 2014, 08:59:01 pm »

I thought you meant a far, far different kind of swordfighting. I was highly confused about the fact that you implied your girlfriend had a penis.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...
Pages: 1 ... 9531 9532 [9533] 9534 9535 ... 13325