Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9523 9524 [9525] 9526 9527 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15730247 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142860 on: October 10, 2014, 02:15:23 pm »

The Sims is great for that unintentional emergent behavior humor.

That reminds me, MZ -- you should revive that forum game you had going.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #142861 on: October 10, 2014, 02:25:22 pm »

Where you go?
Grades problematic.

Long story short, I was cut off from the internet at home until I could get my Science grade back up, found out I hadn't turned in like four labs, handed them in and the grade shot up to 74.

Internet get.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142862 on: October 10, 2014, 03:46:56 pm »

I woke up 15 minutes late for my Materials midterm today, but I managed to sprint across the entirety of campus in four minutes without socks or glasses in yesterday's clothing and took it anyway. I think I nailed it, too.

The downside is that one of my heels really hurts, and I did go down a steep hill going at maximum speed+gravity. I don't think I fractured it since that would probably hurt a lot more, but I'm limping.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #142863 on: October 10, 2014, 03:55:58 pm »

That feeling when you're working out a formula for a program and half your terms start cancelling out out of nowhere and hell the fuck yes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142864 on: October 10, 2014, 03:57:20 pm »

So I got my hands on the first book in the Dark Tower series.

OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #142865 on: October 10, 2014, 04:36:32 pm »

Just coded a text adventure with a functional puzzle (With two different solutions, both of which are fairly logical!), a death condition, and an environment that changes. It's the most progress I've done in Inform 7 since I started coding in it.

Goes to show that if you put your mind to it and set your sights low, you can actually accomplish pretty okay things in programming.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142866 on: October 10, 2014, 04:59:35 pm »

I finally figured out why Minecraft was crashing so hard for me.

Turns out that when I uninstalled openJDK, it didn't uninstall completely and left some stuff behind. So I went in with Synaptic and did some clean-up. No more problems. :D

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #142867 on: October 10, 2014, 05:35:46 pm »

That guy with a solidly placed heart and a good head on his shoulders.
Unmetaphorically--a writer with prowess and potential of fineness and great depth. He is able to characterize those he plays very well.
Argues open-mindedly, yet when placed on a side of malevolence, plays like a classic gentleman: does not resort to trashy-verbal play, and plays the game of subterfuge right; the culprit must be found, and does not incriminate himself.

Also has rotating Wesnoth human avatars from nobility to military authority.
This made my day, thank you Tiruin. c:

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142868 on: October 10, 2014, 05:42:02 pm »

The Sims is great for that unintentional emergent behavior humor.

That reminds me, MZ -- you should revive that forum game you had going.
I'd love to, but I really don't have time. IronTomato is supposed to be running one, but it's going very slowly. Oh, how I wish I had time to LP Sims games. I guess if you guys paid me to LP, I could...but that's 99.999repeat-ad-infinitum999% not going to happen.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Andux

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:semicolons]
    • View Profile
    • Andux's DFWiki page
« Reply #142869 on: October 10, 2014, 07:39:33 pm »

Background: I am taking a couple college science classes; today I got back some graded lab worksheets for applied chem.

Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)

I don't always get positive feedback from my instructor after being a smartass on the safety quiz,
but when I do, I prefer posting in the happy thread.

Stay snarky, my friends. 8)
(Do not sign anything.) -- Fell, Planescape: Torment

MADMAN · Save Tools · WTF Tools · Generated Raws Extractor · Tweak for 0.31–34.xx

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142870 on: October 10, 2014, 08:00:10 pm »

10/10. Grade-A smartass.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #142871 on: October 10, 2014, 08:15:09 pm »

Truly the best answer to that question. You are thoroughly prepared, and having read the safety data, like, three times, you are definitely going to be safe while working with those chems.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142872 on: October 10, 2014, 08:33:20 pm »

Finally getting around to checking out the old music I had laying around th'old hard drives.

Yeah, it looks like I was a bit of a metalhead. Also quite a bit of cirque du soleil music. Cirque du soleil music is freaking awesome. Also plenty of klezmer and accordion stuff, huzzah! Good to hear some of this stuff again.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #142873 on: October 10, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »

Vinesauce corruption videoes. I watched the GTA one, and now I'm finding myself in a death spiral. It is so hard to stop.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #142874 on: October 10, 2014, 09:13:13 pm »

I have a pretty spiffy idea for collaborative dice rolling, when such things are necessary. Generating the data to make sure it makes sense in most situations is being a pain, but it's because I'm having a hard time figuring out exactly how to automatically generate the groups of people who roll dice - it ought to be fairly simple in practice, and if I do it right I should achieve a delicious, wonderful balance between "Heroes are necessary to save the world" and "Dragons can be easily killed by two dozen peasants with spears".

I have lots of dreams, and one of them is this, now. Let's hope it works out!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 9523 9524 [9525] 9526 9527 ... 13325