Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9488 9489 [9490] 9491 9492 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15729184 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #142335 on: October 04, 2014, 10:33:30 pm »

Also found a textbook from 1991 about creating compilers and interpreters. It's so old it says it came with a floppy disc with source code :o
:o

Similarly, I have this huge tome at home titled "The Black Art of 3D Game Programming" from the mid- to late- 90s. It leaves out the technique of using textured 3D models for graphics (touting wireframe, screwing with 2D Doom-style, and untextured polygons as the best choices) and the whole thing has silly bits of flavor text that make it seem like a spellbook.

I should read it someday. It makes me think of those late 1800s chemistry books that have loads of archaic terminology and recipes for radioactive stuff and deadly poisons they didn't fully understand.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #142336 on: October 04, 2014, 10:42:46 pm »

Taw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Nintendo_3DS

Let's see... other stuff I missed...
Wireless transfer of media to computer (instead of solely through SD card).
Now uses micro SD instead of SD.
Faster downloads, improved web browser (Hallelujah)
Built in web filter, disable-able
Further improved battery life
Customizable appearance with removable faceplates

You were more correct about the release dates. In Japan they have only a week to release.

Has anyone else ever had a random streak of thinking everything is wonderful and the universe is a pretty cool place, for absolutely no reason? I didn't read or watch anything lately, I just suddenly feel awesome. And it's weirding me out.
Yesterday. I attributed it to the release of Smash Bros.

Also found a textbook from 1991 about creating compilers and interpreters. It's so old it says it came with a floppy disc with source code :o
:o

Similarly, I have this huge tome at home titled "The Black Art of 3D Game Programming" from the mid- to late- 90s. It leaves out the technique of using textured 3D models for graphics (touting wireframe, screwing with 2D Doom-style, and untextured polygons as the best choices) and the whole thing has silly bits of flavor text that make it seem like a spellbook.

I should read it someday. It makes me think of those late 1800s chemistry books that have loads of archaic terminology and recipes for radioactive stuff and deadly poisons they didn't fully understand.
Nice. I couldn't have described the book as more Arcane.
I have a slightly less old book that teaches you how to make and animate a slug, and a car crash scene. However, the prepackaged road texture does not line up with the polygons that it recommends using; you have the cars moving perpendicular to the 32 lane highway as a result.
It's got these disturbingly bright and eyebleeding colors throughout the book.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142337 on: October 04, 2014, 10:46:49 pm »

Went on the date.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142338 on: October 04, 2014, 10:51:17 pm »

Is it at least going to continue on with the hinge-style? The 2ds looks dumb.
Yes. The "*New* 3DS", being dubbed by fans the "SuperDS", with Amiibo functionality built in, improved 3D (so that moving the console won't distort the screen), and a more durable hinge. Plus double shoulder buttons, and a second analog stick on the right side.
Plus the boosted CPU and computing capabilities, making it able to handle Xenoblade Chronicles, and not lag with rune factory games.
Even more durable hinging? Thats certainly nintendo there. My survivor of a DS Lite is still truckin' if I turn it on, half-broken right hinge being no issue! (half-broken meaning the top screen flops if you don't steady it, but otherwise is as workable as it was pre-injury)

Does that mean they're re-releasing Xenoblade for the Super3DS? I wonder how that and the upgraded hardware will make it look in comparison to the wii u.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142339 on: October 04, 2014, 10:55:12 pm »

I have a 3DS. Need to get Bravely Default and Super Smash.

I love booooth

DAMN YOU VIDEO GAAAMES
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142340 on: October 04, 2014, 10:59:26 pm »

Does that mean they're re-releasing Xenoblade for the Super3DS? I wonder how that and the upgraded hardware will make it look in comparison to the wii u.
According to ScrewAttackNews, yes, it's one of the first Super3DS "exclusive" titles coming out, basically the first launch title is a remake.

I'll be getting it in hard copy to share with my brother, since we didn't get the Wii version (he spontaneously grabbed The Last Story instead; it's an excellent title, if not anything like the game I was expecting him to buy).

I have a 3DS. Need to get Bravely Default and Super Smash.

I love booooth

DAMN YOU VIDEO GAAAMES
Have both.
Don't play Bravely Default any more, because it's just too grindy, and while they say you can build your characters your way, there's really only 3 builds that work (which aren't the way I want to play; super evasion is not a viable strategy, and I spent all my time towards it). And the file size on it is enormous, get the hard copy (not what I did).
However, there's always time for more Smash.
The Cyan Menace

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #142341 on: October 04, 2014, 11:07:57 pm »

Wireless transfer of media to computer (instead of solely through SD card).
Now uses micro SD instead of SD.
Faster downloads, improved web browser (Hallelujah)
Built in web filter, disable-able
Further improved battery life
Customizable appearance with removable faceplates
You had me at "improved web browser".

Going to save up most of my birthday/christmas cash for one of these. Screw the time I put into this thing, its web browser (which I am posting from right now) is shit and its battery is on the brink of death. Good thing all I have on it I can't port over is my built-in app stuff (oh noes will lose face raiders score), game records (yeah right, like that's important), and, unfortunately, my StreetPass MP thing, although that app is kinda pointless considering I don't live in Tokyo or what-have-you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142342 on: October 04, 2014, 11:12:48 pm »

Speaking of filesize, Smash is...not that huge. Its slightly less than 10k blocks, which meant its significantly less bulky than pokemon x (certainly getting the hard copy for next duo, ugh) and fits on the same sd card with it and dual destinies.

Also as a sidenote on streetpass, while I also don't live in the kind of area it'd be useful in, I've gotten (last time I'd looked) 50 people total. Did you know the background music changes when you eventually have tagged enough people?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142343 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:50 pm »

Went on the date.
*young kid voice*
How did it gooooooooooooo?
We served food at the local Octoberfest festival.
The polka was deafeningly loud and the bratwursts were mediocre.
She and I were in charge of bratwurst distribution.
It was not as good as the conversations that we had.
Then we left to get ice cream.
In the time it took for my brain to process how much money was called for, she had already pulled out the six necessary dollars from her pocket.
I felt a bit guilty for not paying, since I had twenty-eight dollars to spend and she had only eight.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142344 on: October 04, 2014, 11:22:29 pm »

Super3DS
Why didn't they call it that instead of "New 3DS". I'm calling it that from now on.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #142345 on: October 04, 2014, 11:22:54 pm »

the bratwursts were mediocre
WHAT IS THIS VILE TREACHERY

* II flips his desk.

MEDIOCRE BRATWURSTS ARE NOT OKAY
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142346 on: October 04, 2014, 11:25:54 pm »

Good thing all I have on it I can't port over
Hmm...
Portability of files and apps from 3DS to Super3DS.
It doesn't say whether that is possible, does it?

I'm sure they'll have a way to do it. They did it for wii to wiiU (didn't use it), you can transfer from 3DS to 3DSXL (granted only change there is size) AND BACK, so I'm positive there will be a way to transfer your Streetpass Plaza and Faceraiders data :P

Super3DS
Why didn't they call it that instead of "New 3DS". I'm calling it that from now on.
The way one person put it, to compete with the XBox One.
The Cyan Menace

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #142347 on: October 04, 2014, 11:42:27 pm »

Super3DS
The way one person put it, to compete with the XBox One.
Not sure I understand what you meant.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142348 on: October 04, 2014, 11:47:39 pm »

Let's see... it was a youtube comment.
Quote from: Some Youtuber
Microsoft: We have spent billions of dollars finding the most brilliant minds to come up with the most stupid name ever. Introducing, the XBox One.

Nintendo: We can top that

I have no clue why they chose to name it that, but Super3DS is much better.
The Cyan Menace

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #142349 on: October 04, 2014, 11:58:00 pm »

I have no clue why they chose to name it that, but Super3DS is much better.
If it WAS named the Super3DS, would the extra large version be the Ultra3DS or the Giga3DS?
Take a closer look at this text!
Pages: 1 ... 9488 9489 [9490] 9491 9492 ... 13325