Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9336 9337 [9338] 9339 9340 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15746161 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #140055 on: September 10, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140056 on: September 10, 2014, 02:23:05 pm »

Friend of mine is playing Bravely Default, and we, together, figured out that a certain portion is essentially STEREOTYPICAL EXTREMIST FEMINISTS

We had many a chuckle.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #140057 on: September 10, 2014, 03:39:59 pm »

My chemistry teacher spent one period letting us watch Breaking Bad.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #140058 on: September 10, 2014, 03:42:20 pm »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're lucky.

My chemistry teacher dumped sulfuric acid and glucose into the same beaker on the second day, and my father's apparently obtained tightly bottled hydrogen and would open the bottle, creating a loud *BANG* whenever a kid fell asleep in class.

Chemistry teachers are cool.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #140059 on: September 10, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »

Mine once accidentally added too much sodium to water, thinking she needed more since it was too oxidized to react quickly. Thankfully, no one got hurt. She also let us light hydrogen balloons once.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #140060 on: September 10, 2014, 03:56:37 pm »

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're lucky.

My chemistry teacher dumped sulfuric acid and glucose into the same beaker on the second day, and my father's apparently obtained tightly bottled hydrogen and would open the bottle, creating a loud *BANG* whenever a kid fell asleep in class.

Chemistry teachers are cool.
My first chemistry teacher did a similar thing involving more fire and less black stuff as part of her "why you shouldn't eat in the lab" demonstration.

The coolest bit was in my AP Chem class in High School though, where we as the students got to set off several rather large thermite reactions. As well as do something cool involving filling one of those water dispenser 10 gallon jugs with acetone fumes and lighting it up.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140061 on: September 10, 2014, 05:01:31 pm »

I wish I had a chemistry class in high school... All we had was a "science" class that was just everything jumbled together. Sometimes we would watch Bill Nye, and sometimes we would do little physics experiments, but most of it was just paper worksheets...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #140062 on: September 10, 2014, 05:09:03 pm »

Sounds better than my Biology class. Teacher didn't even understand how transcription works. AKA: everything that's relevant in biology.

It's a miracle I ended up studying it now I think about it.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #140063 on: September 11, 2014, 12:41:33 am »

Yay it's back up

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140064 on: September 11, 2014, 12:45:34 am »

Forums are back! \o/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #140065 on: September 11, 2014, 12:46:00 am »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #140066 on: September 11, 2014, 01:04:02 am »

Hooray! Now I can once again tab over and be distracted while attempting to focus on programming!  (Or more specifically, be distracted on these forums instead of other things)
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #140067 on: September 11, 2014, 01:05:15 am »

Hurrah! I thought it was my Internet, but I was mistaken.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140068 on: September 11, 2014, 01:16:03 am »

I've got a happy sad memory dump wall of text.

I went to a weird high school, where instead of going to school Tuesday and Thursday, you would go to an internship and get real world experience. I started working at a local water quality/conservation non-profit three years ago, the first week after I got back from winter break in freshman year. It's been over three and a half years now, and I've got four days left.
I mostly did data entry and preparation for our monthly water quality monitoring events, where volunteers go out and collect data from rivers and streams all over the county. I loved every minute of it, which is why I volunteered over the last two summers. This summer, now that I'm out of high school, I'm finally working for pay, for a few more days till I leave to go to college.
My replacement's first day is tomorrow. She's a PHD of Ecology. She's replacing a guy with a high school diploma. These last few weeks I've been going through my daily routine with the thought that I'm going to have to explain this to another person. All these systems I've worked together over the years... it's no longer my job alone. Sure there were other interns that came into help, but I was the fixed point. I was there, silently tapping away at the numpad.
I built them an automatic watersampler, which is what I wrote my college admissions essay on. Without that essay, I wouldn't be going to where I am.
Just got back from a fundraiser we hosted, which did feel like a last lap. Had some rather high profile people there, which was nice. I was told to schmooze/mingle, so schmooze I did. In reality, I wasn't really schmoozing, I was ambushing people and introducing myself. I even asked them if I could ambush them.
Man, I'd be sad if I didn't love it.

I'm done now.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140069 on: September 11, 2014, 10:41:26 am »

Something crazy happened on the bus this morning. I was whistling, as I often do, when I got on. Something kinda vaguely jazz-y. There were only a handful of other people on the bus, and one of them started drumming on the back of the seat in front of him to match my tune. Then these two girls started singing (not words, just notes) along. Finally, the last guy on the bus started matching the original drummer. This went on for a couple of minutes, until everyone got off the bus and went separate ways to class. I feel like I was in some kind of commercial.

Today is gonna be a good day.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:35:38 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 9336 9337 [9338] 9339 9340 ... 13325