Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9303 9304 [9305] 9306 9307 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753736 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [???] What do they kno? Snoooooooooo (Happy thread)
« Reply #139560 on: September 05, 2014, 04:25:03 pm »

Arx, you better do the smart thing. Make the wizard never look like a wizard. Until you get to like, fucking Tom Bombadil and Gandalf have a baby levels of magical badassery, don't look like a wizard.

You're past that level of badassery by the time you're level 6, heh, depending on which D&D we're talking here.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #139561 on: September 05, 2014, 04:33:06 pm »

But that kills half the fun of playing a wizard. Everybody knows that the only good way to play a wizard is to wear a cornuthaum and/or robes and preferably go around talking like some wise-ass old guy, e.g. "It is not late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to".
Actually, the best way to play a wizard is to do that and secretly be a non-magical class.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #139562 on: September 05, 2014, 04:34:59 pm »

But then you're playing a rogue. I mean, you need to at least back it up by playing a bard or a spellthief or something that has at least a little magic that you can use to back up your claims.

Or a Wand of Prestidigitation or something, I guess.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #139563 on: September 05, 2014, 04:35:13 pm »

Great day at school. :D

>Helped a friend finish a science lab that she missed early before school
>Hung out with her for 30 minutes and met a couple of her friends
>Math was meh
>Got to know a couple friends better in Geography, and made jokes about McDonalds
>Might've fixed up my pin-hole camera in photography. Maybe it will work now!
>Science, and thus awesome. Also got quite a bit done on the mini-project.
>Met a few more of my friend's friends during lunch
>Talked with and helped a couple people in engineering, since I couldn't work on my project due to the teacher being absent for most of the period. That part was meh, but hey, friends.
>Hung out with my crush during Latin, and I'm starting to think that she may like me too.
>Health was meh, but still a couple maybe!friends

I also got a haircut, so I no longer look like Yoink. :P

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139564 on: September 05, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »

Just be a warrior and swap clothes with the wizard occasionally, also be really good with sleight of hand for card/parlor tricks.

Someone insults your pointy hat inside a tavern?  Beat them to death with a chair and give the wizard a really awesome reputation of not-to-be-messed-with.  Then make sure they know you're a wizard by pulling roses out of the dead guy's head.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139565 on: September 05, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

I just realized that there isn't a genre name for Minecraft clones like there is for Aeon of Strife clones to legitimize the genre, so Imma come up with one.

Magnificently Open Block-based Action-adventure, or MOBA for short.

Or maybe Always Really Tantalizing Supplies, or ARTS for short.

Hmm. That last one's kinda lame.
Voxelboxes. Voxel-based sandboxes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139566 on: September 05, 2014, 05:16:49 pm »

But that kills half the fun of playing a wizard. Everybody knows that the only good way to play a wizard is to wear a cornuthaum and/or robes and preferably go around talking like some wise-ass old guy, e.g. "It is not late, nor is it early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to".
Actually, the best way to play a wizard is to do that and secretly be a non-magical class.
I have one of these in my current forum game...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139567 on: September 05, 2014, 05:36:31 pm »

But then you're playing a rogue. I mean, you need to at least back it up by playing a bard or a spellthief or something that has at least a little magic that you can use to back up your claims.

Or a Wand of Prestidigitation or something, I guess.
Could probably manage it relatively handily with a factotum, too.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139568 on: September 05, 2014, 05:39:48 pm »

I suggest Tindertwigs and flour. Make a fancy gesture, toss the flour out, and ignite it with the twig to make a nice magical flash of light, and leave Sleight of Hand and Bluff to take care of the rest.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #139569 on: September 05, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »

Also doesn't count if your character has half-decent melee attacks, because it looks funny to see somebody maul people with acid-coated maces while shooting fire out of their eyes and also be wearing a wizard hat.
If ToME4 has taught me anything, that is the best kind of looking funny. If you're going to be a little fat person devouring physical manifestations of the infinite void, whole, there is no more dapper means of doing so than while wearing a nicely enchanted wizard's hat.
This message paid for by the halfling wyrmics for cloth headgear foundation
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139570 on: September 05, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »

I also got a haircut...

...Wrong thread.  :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #139571 on: September 05, 2014, 06:01:15 pm »

Arx, you better do the smart thing. Make the wizard never look like a wizard. Until you get to like, fucking Tom Bombadil and Gandalf have a baby levels of magical badassery, don't look like a wizard.

You're past that level of badassery by the time you're level 6, heh, depending on which D&D we're talking here.
That's only because averaging Bombadil out with Gandalf is a significant debuff to the former :P

I've got a big bowl of steaming-hot ramen and eggs, a nearly-full bottle of wine that won't remain that way for long, and a weekend full of awesome things that need to be done ahead of me. Let's fuckin' do this.

Writing RPG rules while drunk has never ended badly, right? I mean look at Time Wizards!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #139572 on: September 05, 2014, 06:03:05 pm »

That's only because averaging Bombadil out with Gandalf is a significant debuff to the former :P
N
o, it's only like that if Gandalf already died. Hobbit/Book 1 Gandalf is best gandalf, on par with Tolkienombadil.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #139573 on: September 05, 2014, 06:05:16 pm »

N
o, it's only like that if Gandalf already died. Hobbit/Book 1 Gandalf is best gandalf, on par with Tolkienombadil.

I misread that as Tolkienmobile.

The vehicle for the hero we need, but not the hero we expected to see.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139574 on: September 05, 2014, 06:11:19 pm »

I also got a haircut...

...Wrong thread.  :(

Lies.

Man was meant to have short hair.

Unless said man is a Bay12er. Then they get the retro-Dwarven look :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9303 9304 [9305] 9306 9307 ... 13325