Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9204 9205 [9206] 9207 9208 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760090 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #138075 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:30 pm »

Or at least it's not terrible yet.
And there's no reason it has to be. Just remember to have some fun while you get your work done. Or get your work done while you have some fun. One or the other.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #138076 on: August 17, 2014, 05:45:50 pm »

Let the Right One In is such a good film. The Swedish version, that is.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #138077 on: August 17, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »

Apparently there's a dining hall right across the street from my dorm building. And it's a buffet. Aaaaaw yiss, lots of food.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138078 on: August 17, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »

What college are you going to? I'm not heading off for ten more days.

And on that subject, I am now (mostly) packed for it. Early preparation pays off.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #138079 on: August 17, 2014, 08:11:48 pm »

What college are you going to? I'm not heading off for ten more days.

And on that subject, I am now (mostly) packed for it. Early preparation pays off.

Texas State. It's "move-in week". Classes don't start until next week. This week there's 3 days where there's various events planned for freshmen to welcome them in or something.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138081 on: August 17, 2014, 10:24:39 pm »

New elder scrolls lore cast thing!
At a certain level of English professor-y overanalysis, Elder Scrolls lore fans become really weird.

DAE actually think TES would be better if they didn't focus as much on the deep cosmology in the lore? I just... I prefer the idea of a world that's at least barely scientifically feasible with the exception of workaday magic. I know it's kind of a silly place to draw the line.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #138082 on: August 17, 2014, 10:42:05 pm »

Friend bought the 5th Ed Player's Handbook home from Gencon today.  Did a bit of browsing.  I am indeed impressed.  They've cleaned up a lot of stuff in good ways.  It's still D&D, and operates on the same paradigm... but at least it looks like it does a much better job of it.  And I agree with the previous comment that it should be a good base to build off of, being so much more streamlined.  At first glance, I would call it the best D&D.  We'll see how sensibly the inevitable flavor & expansion books manage to flesh it out.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138083 on: August 17, 2014, 10:53:49 pm »

I have an ammo can now. I have nothing to keep in it, but doesn't matter because ammo can.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138084 on: August 17, 2014, 10:58:14 pm »

I have an ammo can now. I have nothing to keep in it, but doesn't matter because ammo can.
Me and my dad have a couple to store large amounts of small loose things in.  Some of those small loose things are ammo.  The rest aren't. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #138085 on: August 17, 2014, 10:59:23 pm »

New elder scrolls lore cast thing!
At a certain level of English professor-y overanalysis, Elder Scrolls lore fans become really weird.

DAE actually think TES would be better if they didn't focus as much on the deep cosmology in the lore? I just... I prefer the idea of a world that's at least barely scientifically feasible with the exception of workaday magic. I know it's kind of a silly place to draw the line.

I'm too grounded in reality to talk about metaphysics in philosophy and shit, so ES Lore is the only place where I can get my weird on.

Don't take it away from me :I

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #138086 on: August 17, 2014, 11:27:12 pm »

So me and my roommates went out at 10:00 at night to get munchies at a fast food place. Then we stopped on the way back to pick up a friend and now we're hanging out in the dorm with one of their friends, who is a girl and their friend but not their girlfriend. I feel like a total college student, going out late and getting food and hanging out and shiz. Classes haven't even started yet.

It's been an interesting experience, hanging out with the roommates. They're a lot different than me. The entire time we were eating the fast food the two were gossiping about experiences with girls and dating and banging. It's an interesting contrast from everyone I hanged out with in high school, who always talked about games and didn't care about drama or gossip. Coincidentally I think I've learned that I'm way more asexual than I thought I was.

College experience so far, 10/10, already learning. Not bad.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #138087 on: August 18, 2014, 01:30:36 am »

Listening to two other people talk about sex is not strong evidence that you're asexual.  The people who I hung out with in high school mostly talked about games and I'm decidedly not asexual.

Glad you're having fun in college :D
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138088 on: August 18, 2014, 03:28:38 am »

Let the Right One In is such a good film. The Swedish version, that is.
Huh, I didn't know it was based off a Swedish film. I haven't seen it, mind, but if that's true I might pick up the original sometime, since I quite like watching subtitled foreign films where I don't feel like I'm 'ruining it' by putting subtitles on for my derpy ears. :P

I don't have it at my current place, but I used to keep my CD collection in an old .50cal ammo tin.
Was pretty cool, although the lid didn't shut properly and necessitated a bent piece of wire to hold it closed, which was a bit of  a hassle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138089 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:57 am »

The people I hang out with talk about sex often too. One seems to think I'm secretly scoring men and women and is being coy about it. I'm not sure if he's serious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 9204 9205 [9206] 9207 9208 ... 13325