Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9135 9136 [9137] 9138 9139 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15752807 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: [╰(゜益゜)╯︵ /(.□. /] BURRITOTOWN RETURNS?!?! (Happy thread!)
« Reply #137040 on: August 05, 2014, 01:36:37 pm »

I also get the best of both worlds, I live in Belgium :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #137041 on: August 05, 2014, 01:38:58 pm »

Heh.

Two very sad worlds, since none of them contain the Netherlands if that's the best you can get.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137042 on: August 05, 2014, 01:43:52 pm »

I live in a huge city but spend most of my weekends on a dacha. It doesn't get better than this.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137043 on: August 05, 2014, 02:06:54 pm »

I sleep much better with traffic outside my window...

I like the visuals of towers piercing the sky.

I like looking out from 50+ meters above the ground.

I like the skyline and the lights and the breeze and air.

I like the smell of the city and I like the crowds that I can flow through with a dance and a twist.

I like the street-cars and bicycles and cars lined up along the road as far as you can see.

I like the sound of the subway.

I like the dense corridors that feel like a grand hall, with towering structures making up the walls on either side of 5 lane roads.

... I like the city~
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:09:17 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #137044 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:49 pm »

I sleep much better with traffic outside my window...

What kind of traffic? It took me months to get used to huge buses passing by, and I never got used to drunks walking along screaming in bastard Afrikaans.

And then there are the suburbs - the worst of all possible worlds.

Hey, I live in suburbia and I quite like it. Of course, anywhere in a city on the beach is tolerable...

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137045 on: August 05, 2014, 02:11:12 pm »

I don't!
Granted, the people who drive by my street are drunk rednecks who customize their trucks to be EAR-BLEEDINGLY LOUD and blare country music out the window.
I hate this state.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137046 on: August 05, 2014, 02:18:50 pm »

Where I'm living now is big enough to have all the things a city should have & small enough that I can still see the stars properly at night. Plus people here have about the most laid back attitude I've seen. Is good.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137047 on: August 05, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »

My city is Toronto. I mean I live in Mississauga, which is trying to become it's own Toronto but still basically is the Toronto sub-suburbs.

So basically cars and streetcars~

I'm sad that it took me so long to edit that post, now people have already read the original post and won't read the edit. v_v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #137048 on: August 05, 2014, 02:22:05 pm »

Mostly happy but still somewhat terrifying:

My friend and I got our learner's permits*! Though it did take a few hours with waiting and some technical hiccups.
*Technically, we receive our actual permits in 7-10 days through the mail.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #137049 on: August 05, 2014, 02:34:03 pm »

Congratulations! It won't be long now before people expect you to drive wherever, whenever, for no adequately explained reason.
It's also a lot harder to kill someone by crashing into them than you might expect. Try not to crash into people, though. It's really difficult to clean blood off a windscreen.

Anyway, on the city topic,
I like X aspect of the city
I absolutely despise most of the things you listed there, and I've never actually been to a proper city-city. The largest "city" near the fairly rural district where I live has about three hundred thousand people, an whenever I go there, I think it's too big and far too busy. Give me quiet country roads and trees and paddocks and sheep over highways and cars and towers and crowds every single day of the week.
I'm guessing you grew up in the city. It's interesting how one's upbringing affects what they like or dislike.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 02:46:00 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #137050 on: August 05, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

Man, I grew up in the suburbs and I hate it here. It just feels subtly wrong and un-homelike, which is impressive considering I've spent more time in this house than any other single building I've ever been in. Not nearly as comfortable as the aforementioned sorta-city (which, on further investigation, is actually only the fifth-closest thing to a city we have, at an embarrassingly tiny 70k).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #137051 on: August 05, 2014, 02:54:59 pm »

I like X aspect of the city
I absolutely despise most of the things you listed there, and I've never actually been to a proper city-city. The largest "city" near the fairly rural district where I live has about three hundred thousand people, an whenever I go there, I think it's too big and far too busy. Give me quiet country roads and trees and paddocks and sheep over highways and cars and towers and crowds every single day of the week.
I'm guessing you grew up in the city. It's interesting how one's upbringing affects what they like or dislike.
I think Descan's note is far different on the idea where you're poking :P ...Or am I too focused on the 50m+ heights or the extremely subtle details?
But maybe that's just me. Our city here is 'rural' enough to be a mix of both natural and artificial aesthetics. Long living pine trees interspersed by the road sides and the parks and the very obvious fact that one direction leads to a scenic view of the mountains in all their bluish depth and distance...then there's the clouds and terraces for farms. .__.

It's quiet here. If you'd ignore the rain. x3 Because if not, then its a very 'busy' city, that way.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137052 on: August 05, 2014, 03:07:03 pm »

Most people I know who live in or grew up in cities (like me, for example) prefer the country, and vice versa.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #137053 on: August 05, 2014, 03:10:21 pm »

Always is the case in cities:

"What's that smell?"

It's piss.
It's ALWAYS piss
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9135 9136 [9137] 9138 9139 ... 13325