Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8963 8964 [8965] 8966 8967 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796910 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [+2014+] HOTFIX RELEASE HYPETRAIN
« Reply #134460 on: July 11, 2014, 02:21:49 pm »

A song relevant to all DF-related happy.
Wait, is this Minecraft-based? I swear it works better for DF than Minecraft. :p

It really suits DF better.

Maybe it was done in celebration of DF2014 coming out and the Yogscast is now going to play Dwarf Fortress...
(though how did they figure out it'd be coming out this week is beyond me, I mean, it doesn't seem like something to make a week before the release)
Nah, I wish, but still, this song has little to nothing to do with Minecraft by the looks of everything. I mean since when are there goblins in Minecraft?
Obviously, Toady is a member of Yogscast. He goes under a fake name during it, though.

If I'd been giving money to Yogcast all these years, I'd go slit my wrists.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #134461 on: July 11, 2014, 02:32:00 pm »

Personally, I don't like how the Yogscast is popularizing dwarves. I mean, we've been playing DF for years, before it was popular.

Spoiler: Bad pun (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #134462 on: July 11, 2014, 03:36:54 pm »

At one point today there was a bus parked outside of where I work that had, "D&D Limo" and "Party Line" written on it. I kind of wanted to ask the driver if the party was headed for Waterdeep.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134463 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:14 pm »

A song relevant to all DF-related happy.
They haven't dug deep enough yet. That happy ending is no ending, merely a milestone.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134464 on: July 11, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »

nothing more badass than planting two novaliths a planet away from an empire four times the size of yours

pew pew motherfucker

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134465 on: July 11, 2014, 04:11:04 pm »

What game?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134466 on: July 11, 2014, 04:14:28 pm »

What game?

Googling up Novalith brings me to Sins of the Solar Empire.
So, yeah...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134467 on: July 11, 2014, 04:24:40 pm »

I need to get back into that.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #134468 on: July 11, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

Had a good day at work today! Spread gravel all morning, but we finished ridiculously early, so we drove back to the shop and my partner went out to move a lawn tractor to another site. I just kinda sat around because my foreman was at a wedding, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Then, the electrician came up to me with a serious look on his face, and said "Listen, Bob (the tractor mechanic) needs to talk to you, he's got an important task for you." I was thinking to myself, oh fuck, they must've seen me lazily sweeping out the carpenter's shop and thought that I was a useless sack of trash. So Bob comes up to me and says "Hey, take that truck and go on a coffee run for the boys, here's fifteen bucks."

The nearest Timmy's was 10 minutes away down the highway.

Traffic was bad.

We all took an hour coffee break.

By the time we were done, it was time to fill out our timesheets and go home.

A damn good Friday if I do say so myself.  8)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #134469 on: July 11, 2014, 07:20:14 pm »

So I haven't played DF for a while, like since just before the 2012 update I think? and I'm derping around in 2014 40.02 adventure mode.

I'm rather pleased with how the combat works. I was being a dumbass and fighting in a town and I've methodically taken apart this soap makers head piece by piece. Removed each of his teeth, split apart his eyes, eyelids, cheeks, mouth. Punching him in what's left of his head for fun.

I eventually noticed blood was everywhere and I seem to have drowned some eggplants in this guys blood. Because they died.

I wonder if something is wrong with me.
My last game involved killing everyone in the starting area but one dwarf. And then proceeding to try figuring out how much of its body could be removed without it bleeding to death. When they started getting pale, I just waited a while before resuming. Oddly enough, after removing its legs, arms, and most of its face, they still agreed to come adventuring with me when I asked.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #134470 on: July 11, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »

Plague Inc. Finally updated with an actual new disease!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #134471 on: July 11, 2014, 07:50:30 pm »

Oddly enough, after removing its legs, arms, and most of its face, they still agreed to come adventuring with me when I asked.

After all that, would you expect them to say no to you?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134472 on: July 11, 2014, 08:25:23 pm »

I have computer again!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #134473 on: July 11, 2014, 08:36:28 pm »

So I haven't played DF for a while, like since just before the 2012 update I think? and I'm derping around in 2014 40.02 adventure mode.

I'm rather pleased with how the combat works. I was being a dumbass and fighting in a town and I've methodically taken apart this soap makers head piece by piece. Removed each of his teeth, split apart his eyes, eyelids, cheeks, mouth. Punching him in what's left of his head for fun.

I eventually noticed blood was everywhere and I seem to have drowned some eggplants in this guys blood. Because they died.

I wonder if something is wrong with me.
My last game involved killing everyone in the starting area but one dwarf. And then proceeding to try figuring out how much of its body could be removed without it bleeding to death. When they started getting pale, I just waited a while before resuming. Oddly enough, after removing its legs, arms, and most of its face, they still agreed to come adventuring with me when I asked.

WHY YOU SO SADISTIC BAY 12!!!!?!?!?!?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134474 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:56 pm »

Hey, now, calm down.

We only do that in RL now and again, not all the time.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8963 8964 [8965] 8966 8967 ... 13325