Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8960 8961 [8962] 8963 8964 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798872 times)

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
Re: [+2014+] HOTFIX RELEASE HYPETRAIN
« Reply #134415 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:05 pm »

Pokemon Black and White exist.

This fact makes me happy every day, but I received a reminder of it in the form of the soundtrack!

*slinks away*
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #134416 on: July 10, 2014, 11:41:26 pm »

The Ink Spots are playing on the stereo here.
I've never really listened to them save for a couple of songs, but this is really nice!
ahh, post apocalyptic tunes~
It took my non-english-speaking friend to point out that all their songs sound the same. Still nice, though.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #134417 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:07 pm »

I saw an advertisement that was literally just celebrate different. It was 30 seconds of telling people that people are great, no matter sexual orientation or skin color, or anything of that nature. An it just make me happy. It may be minority pandering, but a few years ago the words "celebrate boys who like boys, girls who like girls, and people who like people" would never be uttered in a commercial for a television channel.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134418 on: July 10, 2014, 11:57:32 pm »

It took my non-english-speaking friend to point out that all their songs sound the same. Still nice, though.
Not really surprised by that, actually. But yes, still nice :3
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134419 on: July 10, 2014, 11:59:40 pm »

I saw an advertisement that was literally just celebrate different. It was 30 seconds of telling people that people are great, no matter sexual orientation or skin color, or anything of that nature. An it just make me happy. It may be minority pandering, but a few years ago the words "celebrate boys who like boys, girls who like girls, and people who like people" would never be uttered in a commercial for a television channel.
^

And on a more personal note, XCOM Long War. Early May and I'm still chucking rookies armed with basic gear at the wall to see which ones stick. Only avoiding a total wipe on a terror mission because of a lucky rocket hit. DMRs. Now this is starting to feel like the X-Com I know and love (except for the DMRs, but those are great either way).

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134420 on: July 11, 2014, 12:02:13 am »

Now see, if I had obscene amounts of money I'd start putting up advertisements saying you are awful, no matter sexual orientation or skin colour, or anything of that nature.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134421 on: July 11, 2014, 12:02:23 am »

Are you talking Designated Marksman Rifle DMR, or some other acronym?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #134422 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:34 am »

http://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/2a3oe3/df_04001_released/cir88y1
There are no words to describe how happy I am with this release so far. I've got a fort being dug out in the middle of a pear/birch/walnut forest, the multi-tile trees are towering up above and-
Oh, an owl just burst apart into gore for no visible reason. Huh. Still awesome.
Quote from: other person
Working theory: Toady forgot to adjust flying things' AI for the new tall trees, so they slam into them full-tilt and explode into gibs.
Maybe, but the other owls seem to be flying fine. It could be that the tree grew under it and slammed it aside like an angry Ent when it immediately grew to full size.
Quote from: other person 2
The owls are literally bursting with joy!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:43:34 am by alway »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #134423 on: July 11, 2014, 03:01:23 am »

Need more advertisements like this.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134424 on: July 11, 2014, 03:06:43 am »

The Wolf Among Us is freakin' awesome. That is all, time for some shut-eye.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #134425 on: July 11, 2014, 03:51:32 am »

So I haven't played DF for a while, like since just before the 2012 update I think? and I'm derping around in 2014 40.02 adventure mode.

I'm rather pleased with how the combat works. I was being a dumbass and fighting in a town and I've methodically taken apart this soap makers head piece by piece. Removed each of his teeth, split apart his eyes, eyelids, cheeks, mouth. Punching him in what's left of his head for fun.

I eventually noticed blood was everywhere and I seem to have drowned some eggplants in this guys blood. Because they died.

I wonder if something is wrong with me.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134426 on: July 11, 2014, 03:56:06 am »

No... I think that's fairly normal for adventure mode. At least I'm guessing everyone's taken a moment to see how many bits they can remove from something without killing it. Certainly I've taken the time to pull out all of someone's teeth before, and spent a good 10-15 minutes trying to throw an elf out a tree by their tongue. Stuff like that.

The drowning eggplants are new, though, I think.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134427 on: July 11, 2014, 04:49:16 am »

First time I killed something in dwarf fortress I noticed you could drink blood, ended up licking the squirrel blood off my entire body. To this day I still train my wrestling by chasing down vultures and strangling them to death. Pretty sure adventure mode brings out the psychopath in all of us
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134428 on: July 11, 2014, 05:06:17 am »

Nah, it just keeps the psychopath satisfied.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #134429 on: July 11, 2014, 05:28:32 am »

dfhack 26% done!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 8960 8961 [8962] 8963 8964 ... 13325