Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8908 8909 [8910] 8911 8912 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763430 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133635 on: July 06, 2014, 12:58:38 pm »

Been looking to buy a sexy looking airsoft Steyr AUG A3 electric.

It's not an exact replica, but it's a quality airsoft gun. It's also fun to look at. >:3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133636 on: July 06, 2014, 01:00:25 pm »

Back to the mines with you, LSP.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133637 on: July 06, 2014, 02:24:49 pm »

Someone complimented me earlier and I can't get it out of my head now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133638 on: July 06, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »

Finally (re-)calibrated Speedfan (I use it more to monitor my temperatures as I play games and such, seeing as I hate replacing hardware) on my computer, based on hardware specs and a bit of investigating what safe temperature margins my stuff has (motherboard, hard drives, GPU, CPU). Now it won't be scaring me as much; now that temperature margins are properly set, and won't be showing fireballs at relatively safe temperatures, and as it turns out, I have more room for error than I previously thought, so that means I can safely ramp up the graphics settings a tad more, seeing as my GPU has a higher threshold than I previously thought (by a good 10-20C from what I used to have, apparently, until it should worry me. Meaning I can overclock a tad without causing problems). At least the sound of my fans shouldn't cause me half as much panic as it used to now.

Already got events setup to tell me if things might be close to cooking or not, and even beep when things are running much hotter than they should be (and a -5C from that setting as a heads-up, sans beep, in case I get nervous, and want to check). Add to it, I just recently cleaned the dust out, and re-arranged the wiring, of the insides of my machine during some rolling blackouts caused by a storm passing by (and it's still passing by, but nothing's shutting down so far, so I think that's over with); insulation caused by the mess of wires and such should be less a factor, and my fans and heatsinks should have an easier time keeping things cool. So... That means I can get some serious eye candy out of my machine, and still not worry about having to replace anything in the long run. Of course, I noticed during my diagnostics that some of my hardware is starting to show some age, and I should start saving up for some replacement parts for when the time comes. A CPU upgrade being a nice investment to make down the line (probably better to get a full motherboard replacement + CPU upgrade, though; compatible with the frame I have). Fortunately, 32-bit-based machine parts aren't out-moded yet, and should still be available for sale. Still want to invest in a 64-bit machine to keep up with the times, though.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 02:47:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133639 on: July 06, 2014, 02:40:45 pm »

Someone complimented me earlier and I can't get it out of my head now.
Don't worry, we know you suck.

* Descan hugs closely.

* Descan breathes heavily.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133640 on: July 06, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »

* Th4DwArfY1 punches Descan and stalks off

Pervert!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133641 on: July 06, 2014, 02:50:10 pm »

You're cool, Mastah.

*compliment burrows into Mastahcheese's brain*

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133642 on: July 06, 2014, 03:37:51 pm »

......Are you guys literally fighting over me now?

*slinks out of the room quietly*
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133643 on: July 06, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »

http://starfoxeh.weebly.com/

This has made my year.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133644 on: July 06, 2014, 04:06:32 pm »

Yesterday, I spent a day in the woods learning survival, aced an obstacle course and helped save a man with a heatstroke, all without a single mote of stress whatsoever. Now I feel like a boss.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133645 on: July 06, 2014, 04:11:33 pm »

Just remember that the first thing to do is stop and light a fire when you're in a survival situation. When stressed, people make stupid decisions. Making a fire allows you to think out your options, as well as keeping you warm if you're somewhere cold.

It also allows you to start a forest fire!

(to my knowledge, most the forest fires in my state started as signal fires / survival fires)
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133646 on: July 06, 2014, 04:17:29 pm »

No matter how good your theory is, practice never hurts, you know.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133647 on: July 06, 2014, 05:45:41 pm »

Successful resolution of labor-management dispute get.

To abridge a long story, the guy responsible for scheduling for our department screwed the pooch and just flat-out didn't have anyone on for the evening shift today. The schedule had been up for a week, but this was only noticed about three hours before that shift was due to start (and, as an aside, the nature of our operation is such that five people is the minimum safe number of crew, and that's if you have the supervisor working alongside everyone else). Myself and the two other older people on the morning shift quickly caught which way the wind was blowing, so it wasn't terribly surprising when, an hour later, we were bluntly informed that we were all going to be working a double -- note that this is before anyone made any effort to contact the dozen other men who were off that day.

Thankfully, the three of us had already agreed on solidarity (though the two younger guys folded -- fair enough, I tended to do that too when I was younger); I had a prior obligation, one of the others had to drive 100+ miles to spend his days off harvesting a large crop, and the third one was just plump tired. Of the three I'd been working there the longest, so I had a pretty good idea of how it'd go over, and talked the other two into a soft-touch approach; let the chief mate's rant run down, apologize and calmly inform him about our existing plans, point out that even being notified the night before would have been enough, &c.

We'd also managed to dig up a copy of the employee handbook, which was the only documentation discussing discipline and overtime; all it had was a two-sentence paragraph stating that workers who refused reasonable overtime requests (or who worked overtime without approval, obviously) could be written up. It didn't matter anyways, neither of the other two had ever seen or signed a copy, and the last time I'd signed one was the first time they hired me back in 2011 -- I'd quit and been rehired each summer subsequently.

So the long and the short of it was that the chief mate ranted and grumbled, made us spend the last hour or so doing shit work (literally, one of the other guys got sprayed with sewage), and flat-out said that nobody was allowed to ever make plans while working there, even for their days off (*snerk*), which is pretty much the same all-bark-no-bite crap he pulls whenever someone resists unreasonable demands.

All in all, it went better than the last time someone seriously challenged him (over his flat refusal to allow anyone to swap shifts because he didn't want to have to spend time talking to crewmen about it), which ended with him screaming and swearing at our senior-most crewman in front of two shifts of people and a couple customers.

Yay, work.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133648 on: July 06, 2014, 06:19:59 pm »

I managed to cook dinner with very little help. I'm getting closer to being able to make a meal without having someone with me.

Though I messed up on keeping track of how long the food was in the oven.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133649 on: July 06, 2014, 06:35:31 pm »

That's what timers are for. Google has one.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 8908 8909 [8910] 8911 8912 ... 13325