Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8905 8906 [8907] 8908 8909 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763544 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133590 on: July 05, 2014, 08:05:59 pm »

Damnit, now she's going to change the title to the Bill-Cosbymon animus~! D:

What, no. I was just going to rage about character derailment involving green-haired hippies if I saw any mention of the Pokemon anime.

....*cough*
She = Janet = Thread-Title-Changer-Also-Kind-of-Scary
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133591 on: July 05, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:45:16 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133592 on: July 05, 2014, 08:07:50 pm »

. . . . . . . :D

FUCK TRACEY

BROCK 2014

Welcome to the happy thread \o/

Wrong character, but it's the thought that counts? :P

HEEE. I would post random fanart here, but I have some problems with sourcing it, so I won't.
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133593 on: July 05, 2014, 08:08:37 pm »

I will be tossing some con pictures up heres on Monday.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133594 on: July 05, 2014, 08:12:27 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:45:12 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Molly Renata

• Bay Watcher
  • Just an obnoxious fangirl.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133595 on: July 05, 2014, 08:13:44 pm »

I stopped watching after they axed Brock, LOL. Which green-haired hippy were you talking about?

N.

I haven't really paid attention to the Pokemon anime ever, but I started playing the gen 5 games late last year and I happened to stumble upon some of the Unova episodes as a result.
(Needless to say, they made me angry.)
Molly Renata, also known as gyppygirl2021.
Fangirl. Beware random references to old and obscure games.
I'm a dumb hipster who plays older Dorf Fort versions. Mostly DF2010 and 40d. I also make and play a lot of silly mods, and find my own ways to have Fun.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #133596 on: July 05, 2014, 08:20:22 pm »

Very interesting article on violence in videogames. I enjoyed it.

Can you describe the image that he links to, just in vague terms?
As said before, it's him noting that you're interested in violence and are drawn to it. It's also noted out of the image that it's not a bad thing. That's what I like about the article. It's exactly something Hotline Miami would do to you.
Ahhhh, no wonder. I never played Hotline Miami because it seemed too gross to me (no insult to anyone who did enjoy it, that's just not my relationship to violence). It was an interesting article for sure.
Yes, it is a very disgusting game. The violence does a great job of alternating between ludicrous and just straight out horrible. But it never feels... like it's stupidly glorifying it. It's very real, and at the end of every level you walk through the bodies that you created to get to your car to silence, rather then the kickass music that had been playing all the level. Really, I'd consider it one of the finest art games I've ever played for it's ability to blend gameplay with it's themes.

Anyone else find that art games just tend to be boring walks around interesting locations with no real attempt to introduce gameplay into it? Dear Esther comes to mind. It's not a bad story... I just don't agree with the idea that if you just make a level without any gameplay and add a story, suddenly it's an interesting art experiment.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #133597 on: July 05, 2014, 08:22:36 pm »

Recently decided to revive my very first game at Lyeos's necro of it, and, though I deleted all my notes, I had recorded a bunch of world-building in the OP. Hooray for not having to rewrite all that stuff!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #133598 on: July 05, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

Anyone else find that art games just tend to be boring walks around interesting locations with no real attempt to introduce gameplay into it? Dear Esther comes to mind. It's not a bad story... I just don't agree with the idea that if you just make a level without any gameplay and add a story, suddenly it's an interesting art experiment.
The now-common term for that is Walking Simulator. And yes, a lot of people do notice it.

As for Dear Escher in particular, it was pretty good in the beginning because it was very much disjointed and difficult to glean a full narrative from. That made it something of a puzzle or brain teaser. But by the end, they spell out way too much of it, throwing off the art vibes the earlier bits gave. It basically smacks you across the face with the story its been alluding to, rather than subtly continuing to flesh it out in a mentally stimulating way, like the early bits did. All that said, you also need to be in a specific mood to get anything at all out of it, as it otherwise is just a Walking Simulator.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #133599 on: July 05, 2014, 08:31:41 pm »

The game that really does that well, in terms of having an actual game, is The Stanley Parable.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #133600 on: July 05, 2014, 08:36:06 pm »

The game that really does that well, in terms of having an actual game, is The Stanley Parable.
Not exactly. The game that does it really well is Transistor. The Stanley Parable is still, for the most part, a walking simulator; though it does have interactivity.

Rip out the story elements of Stanley Parable, and no one would play it. Rip out the story elements of Transistor, and you still get a pretty fun game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133601 on: July 05, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »

Not exactly. The game that does it really well is Transistor.
That one narrator voice.
The same person as in Bastion. @_@

Also it seems my net is stabilizing (or...how do I say getting better despite being bad at it 70% of the day -_-)
So yay updates coming soon 2pid on and off net D:<

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #133602 on: July 05, 2014, 09:47:52 pm »

Rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
This is a good world.
. . .Thanks for causing another nostalgic truck to hit me.
Now the only thing next is to watch Korra.
Thank you uploaded videos ;_; I had to catch up on every show I liked that way.
The details and lore is still so..mmph >_<

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133603 on: July 05, 2014, 09:53:29 pm »

Fireworks.

I got two shows this year, one yestiddy for the local area and a bigger one today for the greater urban area. We need more holidays with fireworks. For America.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #133604 on: July 05, 2014, 10:00:07 pm »

Rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender.
This is a good world.
Recently watched the entire show with my folks, as they were suffering from withdrawl on being in between seasons on HBO and BBC stuff. Good times.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 8905 8906 [8907] 8908 8909 ... 13325