Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8895 8896 [8897] 8898 8899 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761549 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133440 on: July 04, 2014, 04:25:21 pm »

Pff, scrubs. Fallout 3 is clearly the best Fallout.

Ordering of awesomeness if 3 > T > NV = 2.
Haven't played 1 yet.

I cannot express how much I disagree with this opinion, but I guess if you like storyless post-apocalyptic funhouses over stuff with actual writing it's fine.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #133441 on: July 04, 2014, 04:28:12 pm »

A story is nice, but gameplay and generally having fun is why I play videogames.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133442 on: July 04, 2014, 04:33:21 pm »

* Strange high fives Putnam

But, in the name of honesty, I have to admit that it wasn't a bad game on it's own merits. It just fell short on everything previous Fallout games (1&2) did well and made them classics in RPG genre. If it hadn't had that "3" in it's title it wouldn't have been such a disappointment.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #133443 on: July 04, 2014, 04:46:46 pm »

I couldn't get into Fallout 3.  Its rpg/fps formula didn't work for me.  I thought the V.A.T.S. system was horrible.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133444 on: July 04, 2014, 05:07:26 pm »

I love New Vegas SO MUCH. I'm a sucker for western shit, aswell as apocalypse stuff.

And this video right here fits it so goddamn well:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133445 on: July 04, 2014, 06:24:35 pm »

Today, I learned the full story behind why I'm named "Jacob."

It all started just shy of eight months down my mother's pregnancy. Her and my dad were at a concert of some kind, waiting in a line. Months before, they had agreed my name would be "Samuel." I was a pretty large baby, so it was extremely obvious she was pregnant. While they were waiting, this random lady walks up and says my name would be Samuel and that I would be born a week later. Neither of my parents knew this woman and my mom thought she was some kind of psychic, despite neither of them actually buying into that.

That was as far as I heard the story until just today and, in my opinion, the rest of it makes the tale so much better.

My mom, sufficiently freaked out, takes it to my grandparents and my aunt + uncle. My mom's side has a lot of fairly strong Christians, all of them included, and they reached the conclusion that, if they kept my name as "Samuel," I would be cursed by Satan or some horrible thing would happen to me after I was born. My dad - to this day, even - never believed that woman was a psychic and that she just overheard them talking about me at some point, but went along with the name change to calm my mom. Mom enters labor a week after and I'm born a month early.

tl;dr: Mom's family believes I'll be the Antichrist or possessed by a demon/Satan, changes my name. I love the stories behind names.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:26:37 pm by Jacob/Lee »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133446 on: July 04, 2014, 06:29:18 pm »

I'm just gonna be an asshole and declare that I enjoyed neither FO3 nor NV.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #133447 on: July 04, 2014, 06:47:27 pm »

Went to anime midwest with my cousins, bought a gunpla, got top score in a round of Mechwarrior simulator pods. It was a good day
It's FEF, not FEOF

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133448 on: July 04, 2014, 06:56:14 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:47:16 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133449 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

Does anyone else get these sudden moments where something fairly mundane or just a little interesting suddenly seems awesome for a few seconds? I just got one. It felt awesome in and of itself.
That's one of those moments when the 90% of your brain responsible for mundanisation stop working.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133450 on: July 04, 2014, 07:48:54 pm »

I just finished my last week as a camp counselor. Fucking awesome. Pissed off a beautiful ridge, wrangled a cabin full of campers to make a skit, and then read them three columns of Gilgamesh as a bed time story.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #133451 on: July 04, 2014, 07:50:18 pm »

I took my Ancient Greek Semester 1 final exam this evening (it's an accelerated two-semester summer course), and there was a bonus translation passage from the New Testament. I translated it, then wrote "Ἐν τῇδ' ὥρᾳ, εὔφορός εἰμι" and "Ὁ Σωκρατὴς ἀπέθανε τοῦδε χάριν" on it.

#justneckbeardthings

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133452 on: July 04, 2014, 07:54:58 pm »

I seriously fucking hate how people on this board will post something in a non-English language and not provide a translation. Or much context. And then say, basically, "Read this, guys!" Or "From this, you can tell that (x)."

Like, seriously? It's fucking ancient Greek, and you're expecting us to understand what the joke or whatever is?!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133453 on: July 04, 2014, 07:56:37 pm »

Aye, 'tis Greek to me. The most I can get is that the second phrase involves Socrates. Maybe.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133454 on: July 04, 2014, 07:57:55 pm »

« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 06:47:12 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8895 8896 [8897] 8898 8899 ... 13325