Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8876 8877 [8878] 8879 8880 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15756448 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #133155 on: June 30, 2014, 01:17:41 pm »

Ah, nothing like good hard work.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133156 on: June 30, 2014, 01:25:56 pm »

This just amuses me for no other reason than how hilarious it looks.

http://shinytoylabs.com/jargon/

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133157 on: June 30, 2014, 01:26:40 pm »

Day One of Operation: Costanza, and I apparently had results since the initial day of incident. A preemptive success.

Apparently, over the weekend, my boss took it to themselves to do solo work to ease the load for this week, while guaranteeing my Tuesday off. Just as well, I think he finally started following some of my advice that I suggested since long ago (give a bit of a heads-up for the day, at least.). Hell, I think what changed his attitude was that given how last week went, he didn't expect me to come in for work today, and looked like he was giving me just a few more minutes to come in (traffic sucks, so lateness is to be expected). To his apparent surprise, I kept my word, and came in to work relatively on time (again, traffic).

I think this is the nicest I've seem him act my entire time working with him. In a sense, I think with the vast improvement of things, and how nice I am being, I might be given a more graceful leave from my job. A proper 2-weeks notice. To my surprise, a surprise customer with a non-negotiable time hounded my boss to get things done (I can tell these apart from poor scheduling, just so you know, plus I witnessed the attempted negotiation fail), but at a specific time. Instead of running the clock out and wasting time (we were effectively done for the day, except for a fixed time job later on today), they thought it more efficient (following advice I would have given) to wait out the job, and give me time off instead until we can go to that, and then seamlessly finish the final job of the day from there on out.

Basically, since I'm still working despite all the crap, my boss realizes the kind of person I am, and kinda humbled himself a bit by probably realizing how much I had to put up with, and how much of my wisdom was ignored (so far, today has run like clockwork since he finally applied some of my suggestions; no problems, and things are working out overall). So far, taking the Kindness route has yet to show any issues of any sort, and is yielding high benefit; besides the standard "shit happens" like the surprise job of the day cutting in the day. So far, my boss has yet to show, nor give me, any problems. I'm staying the course; this is working better than I expected, but naturally, I'm keeping close watch on it to make sure I'm not being played in the process, or that I make a mistake. Despite my natural pessimism, I hold no worries. I feel like I don't need to worry at all. It's an unusual peace I feel, and I like it.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #133158 on: June 30, 2014, 01:34:18 pm »

"The XML pixel is down, compress the solid state driver so we can calculate the PCI bandwidth!"

ok.
* miauw62 sits on his harddrive.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #133159 on: June 30, 2014, 01:40:23 pm »

"The XML pixel is down, compress the solid state driver so we can calculate the PCI bandwidth!"

ok.
* miauw62 sits on his harddrive.
Strangely enough 2 of my first 3 things that it gave me were things that you actually could do. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #133160 on: June 30, 2014, 01:43:58 pm »

"If we index the program, we can get to the EXE pixel through the back-end AGP application!"

"Use the haptic XML transmitter, then you can quantify the virtual circuit!"

"Try to input the COM bus, maybe it will synthesize the online alarm!"

"You can't copy the pixel without backing up the optical PNG microchip!"

I'm almost crying tears of laughter. This is absolutely wonderful and I thank you for providing this link.

Well, that sounds pretty great! Maybe this whole affair will make your boss permanently re-adjust his ego. Maybe things will get even better! :O
But of course, better play it safe. In the end, he might stab you in the back again once you train your successor and he has no need of you again. Still, good to hear everything's still working out for you.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133161 on: June 30, 2014, 03:24:32 pm »

Found my book! Whoo!

It was behind my T.V.

How it got there...

Well, it doesn't matter. I found it! Turns out I was sleeping six feet from it all that time....
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #133162 on: June 30, 2014, 05:24:29 pm »

Happy strawberry~

But I want my strawberry time!!!!

... Oh its just a cherry. Nevermind!
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133163 on: June 30, 2014, 05:34:36 pm »

I figured out how to turn on the computer speakers at work.  Blind Guardian radio on Pandora makes the time go by faster.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133164 on: June 30, 2014, 06:03:21 pm »

I'm cooking eggs for breakfast. :)
I wanted to scramble them (since that's what I'm best at), but my milk had finally gone sour so I decided to fry 'em instead.
Should be good anyway!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #133165 on: June 30, 2014, 06:21:17 pm »

An emerging trend is appearing to rise amongst pop stars in music; first Train calling out all the trashy vapid pop whores despite themselves being absolute corporate sellouts who are either insane or lazy and now Nicki Minaj of all people accusing Iggy Azaela of being 'unauthentic,' as we all know there is nothing manufactured about Nicki Minaj at all. I wonder who will be next?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133166 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:47 pm »

My new laptop cord came in. I am infinitely happy right now.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #133167 on: June 30, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »

Caffeine is very good for getting programming done, but also very good for getting apartment cleaning done! I washed the months of grime off the counters and everything! ^_^

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #133168 on: June 30, 2014, 07:30:45 pm »

Caffeine is very good for getting programming done, but also very good for getting apartment cleaning done! I washed the months of grime off the counters and everything! ^_^

Jobs not done, apply months worth of anti-grime.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133169 on: June 30, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »

He means cytoplasm. You must wash your kitchen in the tears of a trillion ruptured cells.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8876 8877 [8878] 8879 8880 ... 13325