Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8865 8866 [8867] 8868 8869 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753408 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [\_|-|_/] Kanmusu hijack lawl (Happy thread!)
« Reply #132990 on: June 27, 2014, 06:12:07 pm »

Christine Love just has the weirdest naming sense.
I'm not sure I can agree with the idea that manipulation is bad, all social interaction is manipulation, it's just that it's mostly so normal and commonplace and integral to how people relate to one another that it isn't picked up as being manipulative.

I mean, I'm going to buy the game and enjoy it. I just don't think that's a reasonable point to make.
This is an issue I tossed around a lot in my head for many, many years, mostly because of how manipulative my family was, which was something I didn't really understand to be abnormal for a long while.

The conclusion I came to is that yes, social interactions are based heavily on the principle of manipulation, that is to say trying to get people to do things you want them to do. However these interactions are based heavily around the idea that while you may be trying to get someone to do something, you are not trying to take away their agency. Which is where you get into what is commonly considered manipulation, when you try to frame things so that someone makes a certain decision, withhold or twist details, screw with their emotions, or otherwise try to prevent people from making their decisions.

We also do tend to allow people to make decisions for us, based on our own ability to actually make the decision, based on how important it is, and based on how much we trust the person. And manipulation of all varieties also tends to be very common in the world at large. But it seriously is not the stuff that healthy relationships are made out of. If you're lying to someone, or screwing with them in one of a variety of ways, you're have a terrible relationship with them. Good relationships are based on trust and communication, not manipulation.

EDIT:
Hey, guess what, guys!

I officially have a girlfriend!

I'm so happy.
Congrats dude.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132991 on: June 27, 2014, 06:25:31 pm »

Hey, guess what, guys!

I'm so happy.
Is it Objective?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132992 on: June 27, 2014, 06:29:07 pm »

Hey, guess what, guys!

I'm so happy.

Officially? Wow, that must have been a lot of paperwork.

...Seriously though, good to hear!  :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132993 on: June 27, 2014, 07:01:23 pm »

Hey, guess what, guys!

I'm so happy.
Is it Objective?
nah. I'm not ready for a long-distance relationship right now.

Sorry, Obj.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132994 on: June 27, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #132995 on: June 27, 2014, 07:09:08 pm »

Five minutes and thirty seconds Objective, that was a very fast post of a remarkably specific image.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132996 on: June 27, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »

Listening to a remix of Locked Girl on Youtube and reading the comments, someone called Patchouli a smart ass.

Patchouli's reply:
Quote from: Patchouli Knowl.
I do consider myself a "smart ass", thank you. I'm one of the smartest people in Gensoukyou, and I have the tenaciousness and spirit of a donkey, I like to think. That's a compliment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132997 on: June 27, 2014, 07:11:29 pm »

I just thought of that picture and just Googled "Asian crying gif"
It was surprisingly easy. :P

But it's likely related to my google preference. I swear if I scroll down enough there's always naked men.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132998 on: June 27, 2014, 07:44:08 pm »

Hello again Bay12! Just got back from being a camp counselor for a week. It was really fun. To describe it briefly:
Awesome people, except for a couple campers (one of whom may have masturbated in the showers[he's also coming back next week]), even better food, and FUCK YOU ALLERGIES.

I'm on the internet till Sunday, at which point, I return for a second week. After that, I'm reliably on the internet.

Time to go catch up on forum games!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132999 on: June 27, 2014, 07:47:43 pm »

Posted by accident. Do ignore.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133000 on: June 27, 2014, 09:03:02 pm »

I'm still having fits of laughter about this, but I shit you not, it really happened. I got fired.

BTW, I'm nicknaming the next two weeks Operation: Costanza. I'm milking this comedy gold for all it's worth, financially as well (way more practical), by this point. He thinks he sent me to Hell. I dine there. Techinically, I'm fired. But my boss is stuck with me for 2 more weeks due to his own shortsightedness. He personally attacked my character to my very core, and I was patient and took it all in. He doesn't realize just how patient I really am. These will be an amusing couple weeks.

ADDENDUM:
A previous co-worker before the recent one quit/got fired for some BS reason as well. His thought was "It would be a miracle if he could last another week with that guy" (About me dealing with my boss). 6 months after that statement, it was my boss that caved in, not me.

Just as well, I just recalled my old dream of one of my dream girls punching out God. I know now just how she must've felt. Listening to awesome music as I reflect on all this, and just relaxing in total bliss (all that as the sign-off to the day). Summary: Awesome.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:17:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133001 on: June 27, 2014, 09:25:39 pm »

What was this job? There aren't a whole lot I can think of that involve bosses dumb enough to fire their last employee, and even fewer that would involve so few employees that that would even be possible.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133002 on: June 27, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »

Carpet cleaning and flood restoration, with the occasional house cleaning. Lots of hauling, lots of hard work, and from time to time, floods and mold, and demolition. And we were pretty damn good while at it. Got most our work done in less than a day, and in longer cases, couple days, not few, not many. We were fast and precise, and patient like you wouldn't believe.

At least I caught up on lost exercise working this job. Fans, dehumidifiers, portable carpet cleaners of industrial level. Not light stuff. And we had to load and unload off a truck without a ramp. Not to mention, drywall is not light either, and with mold on it, despite protection, is shady as fuck to handle. And crowbars are more effective against aliens than tack-strips and hardwood floors (I still feel the sores from those nightmares). Oh right, we also re-adjusted carpeting too.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:51:58 pm by Itnetlolor »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #133003 on: June 27, 2014, 09:31:30 pm »

If he really was berating you so bad you could probably get away with a lawsuit. Or tell him you are and soak up his pitiful apologies over the next couple weeks. Ah, delicious regret.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #133004 on: June 27, 2014, 09:33:24 pm »

If he really was berating you so bad you could probably get away with a lawsuit. Or tell him you are and soak up his pitiful apologies over the next couple weeks. Ah, delicious regret.
I find my way more fun and profitable, and generally the least dickish way to get my payback. I'm keeping myself humble, and letting him realize that I could react at any time, and I showed him what he didn't show me. Mercy. I prefer defeat by kindness. The cherry tap of defeat to an emotional and egotistical level.

Plus, at a legal level, it's more practical than it looks (he attacked me, I can retailiate whenever, but don't and let him destroy himself while I try to leave on as good a note as possible. His ego IS his downfall. Legally, I'm always in the clear, as long as I don't react, which I lack motivation to, because I'm far too amused by all this.), and is hilarious to do. Far more satisfying.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 09:36:30 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 8865 8866 [8867] 8868 8869 ... 13325