Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8787 8788 [8789] 8790 8791 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770693 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ []o ] Toilet? Toileeeeettt (Happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #131820 on: June 17, 2014, 09:40:18 am »

Nah... nah. We'll let 'em win. S'the only thing their country has, would be even more cruel than normal to take it from 'em.jokejokejoke
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #131821 on: June 17, 2014, 09:43:40 am »

Nah... nah. We'll let 'em win. S'the only thing their country has, would be even more cruel than normal to take it from 'em.jokejokejoke

Aww c'mon....what is the World Cup for, if not for allowing rabid nationalism without actual shooting?
(And based on the way the US played, they certainly didn't have much shooting....ZING!)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #131822 on: June 17, 2014, 09:47:50 am »

Aww c'mon....what is the World Cup for, if not for allowing rabid nationalism without actual shooting?
(And based on the way the US played, they certainly didn't have much shooting....ZING!)
So what you are saying is we should bring in the big guns?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131823 on: June 17, 2014, 09:48:59 am »

Hey, I was surprised Americans could play at all. Not that I particularly care about the cup :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131824 on: June 17, 2014, 09:53:09 am »

@Telle: Wouldn't matter. Beating Portugal and Ghana would give us a 2-1 record at worst and Portugal would have 2 losses. I suppose if Ghana beats Germany *and* Portugal then you could have a 3-way tie (and I don't know what the tiebreaker rules are) but that's even more unlikely than the US beating Germany and Portugal.
If there is a tie before the knockout stage, goal difference is taken into account AFAIK.

Portugal clearly isn't in top form considering how we shredded them and Ghana isn't as good as expected either, but the chances for the US are still slim.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #131825 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:03 am »

Hey, I was surprised Americans could play at all. Not that I particularly care about the cup :P
Are you kidding? We're America. As soon as someone does something, we need to butt in and attempt to do it better. It's our job!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131826 on: June 17, 2014, 09:55:47 am »

And you fail miserably! Huzzah for the greatness of America!  ;)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131827 on: June 17, 2014, 09:57:38 am »

Portugal clearly isn't in top form considering how we shredded them and Ghana isn't as good as expected either, but the chances for the US are still slim.
I'm tempted to go visit a public viewing of the USA-Germany match and troll all the people there into singing old Nazi songs...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131828 on: June 17, 2014, 10:03:48 am »

I'm tempted to go visit a public viewing of the USA-Germany match and troll all the people there into singing old Nazi songs...
Yeah, it's that time again. I guess my neighbours all got that notification:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #131829 on: June 17, 2014, 10:10:48 am »

XCOM is going pretty well :D I had a pretty nice moment tod: a seeker uncloaked and nommed Remalle, but SSG nearby shot it off and scared it away. But because Solymr and some no-name heavy were Overwatching from the roof, they sent their regards to the seeker as it tried to flee.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131830 on: June 17, 2014, 10:11:36 am »

What does having two flags mean? :P
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131831 on: June 17, 2014, 10:13:02 am »

Just watched The Wolf of Wall Street. Was entertaining enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #131832 on: June 17, 2014, 10:14:31 am »

Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles
uber alles in dem Welt...

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131833 on: June 17, 2014, 10:19:09 am »

What does having two flags mean? :P
Hm, two person household. Or XS I suppose.

Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles
uber alles in dem Welt...

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #131834 on: June 17, 2014, 10:20:04 am »

"Bundesministerium fur Gesundheit"? What is that, the Ministry of Sneezes?  :P

My German's a bit rusty, but is that basically saying "if you're going to fly the German flag, it has to be under 15cm?"
Can't have the rest of Europe think Germans are having national pride....makes 'em jumpy.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 10:22:11 am by RedKing »

Pages: 1 ... 8787 8788 [8789] 8790 8791 ... 13325