Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8752 8753 [8754] 8755 8756 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757066 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: [ ヽ(゜Q。)ノ] ONEEESAAAMAAAAAAA (Happy thread?!?!)
« Reply #131295 on: June 12, 2014, 02:29:53 am »

So I came home today after a nice rainy, rainy day and saw something move in my room as I went to turn on the lights.
Fearing it was something harmful, I quickly recognized the movement of the figure after a tiny second.
It was a lizard!
Had fun chasing the little thing out of my room, only to coincidentally stop it from moving enough to take...
Spoiler: Pics! Also, hand! (click to show/hide)
...but using my bad phone camera. :v

Funny thing. As soon as I snapped the image (full silent//no shutter noise), and after watching the tiny thing breathe, I poked it with my index finger...and it ran into my jacket :I Guess I should've just gotten my hand out. But it was darn cold.
So I had a somewhat colder, somewhat rubbery lizard running up and down my forearm as I wiggled my jacket to get it out, only to move outside and displace the creature into a more natural habitat than my enclosed room.
Which was totally clean and such. Obviously. ._.
...Yeah my phone camera isn't one of the better ones, but yay phone camera!

Also tiny myth(?) around here says seeing a gecko/lizard = good luck...

Addendum: Got to love that [img height=x width=y] thing about resizing images without losing resolution.

I always figured those thing's natural habitat was inside rooms, considering I always have about 3-4 of them crawling my walls.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #131296 on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:34 am »

It's a tiny, cute lizard! :o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #131297 on: June 12, 2014, 02:50:04 am »

So I came home today after a nice rainy, rainy day and saw something move in my room as I went to turn on the lights.
Fearing it was something harmful, I quickly recognized the movement of the figure after a tiny second.
It was a lizard!
Had fun chasing the little thing out of my room, only to coincidentally stop it from moving enough to take...
Spoiler: Pics! Also, hand! (click to show/hide)
...but using my bad phone camera. :v

Funny thing. As soon as I snapped the image (full silent//no shutter noise), and after watching the tiny thing breathe, I poked it with my index finger...and it ran into my jacket :I Guess I should've just gotten my hand out. But it was darn cold.
So I had a somewhat colder, somewhat rubbery lizard running up and down my forearm as I wiggled my jacket to get it out, only to move outside and displace the creature into a more natural habitat than my enclosed room.
Which was totally clean and such. Obviously. ._.
...Yeah my phone camera isn't one of the better ones, but yay phone camera!

Also tiny myth(?) around here says seeing a gecko/lizard = good luck...

Addendum: Got to love that [img height=x width=y] thing about resizing images without losing resolution.

I always figured those thing's natural habitat was inside rooms, considering I always have about 3-4 of them crawling my walls.
Yep, they're awesome. They eat all sorts of stupid bullshit, like mosquitoes and gnats, along with other unsavory sorts of crawlies. They're called bihu, "wall tigers," in China. I've seen them all the way in Northern China, and Southern China has 'em by the boatloads (which is great considering Southern China also has flying mosquito menaces by the boatloads).

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131298 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:19 am »

We get similar ones stuck to our flywire window covers in summer, they eat moths which hang around near the light.

I looked them up last time and apparently they're a Gecko rather than a lizard since they have the rounded pads on their feet.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #131299 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:31 am »

Spoiler: gato (click to show/hide)
Someone told me that it's a half-stray cat. It doesn't have an owner, but it hangs around our school because one of the gate guards feeds it every so often. It also isn't afraid of people at all, and lets random people pet it. And it goes meow meow <3

Aww, kitteh!

It looks pretty young, so maybe s/he (my grandma has a cat looking exactly like that and it's a female) didn't have time to pick up any Nasty Stuff.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #131300 on: June 12, 2014, 05:08:01 am »

I wish there were lizards in Belgium because they seem pretty cool

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131301 on: June 12, 2014, 05:29:49 am »

There's lizards in Bonn, the Botanical Garden is riddled with them - and Belgium is on the same latitude, isn't it?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131302 on: June 12, 2014, 05:34:57 am »

I'm a lizard. Does that count?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131303 on: June 12, 2014, 05:35:39 am »

you need to be in belgium for it to count

are you in belgium

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #131304 on: June 12, 2014, 05:39:08 am »

I could be. I could apply as a MEP assistant. I hear they need some more lizards down in Brussels. Just need to stop them from moving to Strasbourg every now and then.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131306 on: June 12, 2014, 06:44:38 am »

So I was chatting with a nice friend on this nice game in Kongregate...and he suggested me a song for my worries.

That song cheered me up loads.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #131307 on: June 12, 2014, 07:19:07 am »

I think one of my lawnmower is pregnant.  :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #131308 on: June 12, 2014, 07:20:44 am »

I think one of my lawnmower is pregnant.  :)
Sheep are awesome :D

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131309 on: June 12, 2014, 07:30:54 am »

So are goats! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8752 8753 [8754] 8755 8756 ... 13325