Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8603 8604 [8605] 8606 8607 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15796625 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [Pan-Pa-Ka-Pan~] Atago's soft "fuel tanks"~ (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #129060 on: May 14, 2014, 07:10:49 am »

Someone tell me there's an Anime for this? It would be terribadhilarigoodawesomewithcheese.
Ask the Doctor.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #129061 on: May 14, 2014, 07:42:44 am »

Finally beat Garrosh 10N. Whee~
*Obligatory Gratz*
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129062 on: May 14, 2014, 08:18:39 am »

Phew. Close. If you'd bumped into her, people may have got to see a murder.

I'm sure a bunch of crows would have flown in from somewhere to perch about the area for effect. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129063 on: May 14, 2014, 09:10:27 am »

"Firefly."
Oh man, memories of fireflies.

When I was staying with family in the tropical corner of Australia, every night up at the roof there'd be a few fireflies dancing around, and it never failed to awe me. I didn't think fireflies happened in Australia.
When I was a kid, the arrival of fireflies (or "lightning bugs" in our local dialect) meant the impending arrival of summer (which in these parts, effectively starts in May and runs through September). There would be THOUSANDS of them in our backyard (which was about an acre in size).

Now I'm lucky if I see a handful in an evening.   :'(

See, they need moist, marshy land for their larvae, and prefer wooded or near-wooded areas to forage. Development dries up marshes and cuts down forest.

I also haven't seen/heard any cicada broods to rival the ones I remember as a kid. I've been sorely disappointed the last several brood hatches. I remember summers where you simply couldn't hold a conversation outside. And it didn't seem weird to me that there was this insanely loud alien noise in the background for weeks at a time.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129064 on: May 14, 2014, 09:18:36 am »

To try and put some optimism back into future wildlife prospects, I think it's in Cornwall where biologists are growing a forest from samples of the world's largest redwoods, because why not? Giant woods are awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #129065 on: May 14, 2014, 10:17:51 am »

I realized today, upon introspection, that I do not actually hate school. It causes me occasional grief, but hey, what doesn't?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #129066 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:04 pm »

I have just discovered that someone made an 8-bit version of Rush's Hemispheres.

E: Holy shit, the first time I wrote it's just the song, but it actually is more of those.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #129067 on: May 14, 2014, 12:41:03 pm »

Someone saved my life this morning. I don't wanna talk about it though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129068 on: May 14, 2014, 12:46:37 pm »

Someone saved my life this morning. I don't wanna talk about it though.

Then don't post about it?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129069 on: May 14, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »

You can be happy about someone saving your life without wanting to share the details, and wishing to preempt requests thereof. That's fine.

Just... Hans, try not to do whatever it was that your life needed saving because of, again, y'know? And maybe buy this person a doughnut or somethin'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129070 on: May 14, 2014, 12:53:44 pm »

a crate of eclairs

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129071 on: May 14, 2014, 12:55:00 pm »

There was a "peace run" in my town today to commemorate the start of WW1 (my town is one of the so-called matyr towns), all students in middle-school were obliged to participate (and some army guys also participated ??? ), and it actually went fairly well. 4,6 km, and I actually managed to jog it (with some periods of walking). When I started I thought it'd be really long, but it was actually fairly short. Also found out that jogging large distances is easier when you can concentrate on something that's not the pain in your legs, like your crush and refusing to slow down because she's nearby >.>

Oh and the run was used to sponsor cancer research. Nobody even turned their head when the mayor turned over the cheque though. Their amplified voice basically drowned in the sound of 6000 students gathered on a medium-sized plaza known as the big market because its the only market.

Oh god this guy was on the stage and everyone ignored him and assumed it was the guy that proposed the run or something but apparently he did something notable on a tv debate between two important Belgian politicians and now he's on the news and that video also shows my school btw.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 01:07:26 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129072 on: May 14, 2014, 01:10:06 pm »

Identity trace complete.

Please assume party collection position, while a party collection agent comes to collect you for the Party.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129073 on: May 14, 2014, 01:14:35 pm »

Wow....if anyone made a 4.6km run mandatory for middle-schoolers here, they'd be hit with so many lawsuits.

"How dare you make my child exercise?! What kind of hippie commie pinko fascist are you?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129074 on: May 14, 2014, 01:17:39 pm »

You could also pick 1.4km if you were a wussy.
(Our school made it mandatory for anyone in year 3 or above to take 4.6km though)

Also, I guess I have released more than enough information for somebody to track me down :v
But anyone that is in #bay12lb regularily could have done that much earlier.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 8603 8604 [8605] 8606 8607 ... 13325