Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8589 8590 [8591] 8592 8593 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15753088 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128850 on: May 11, 2014, 06:11:55 pm »

Note on FMA: If you only watch one, watch Brotherhood, but if you watch both the 2003 adaptation should be watched first. Both are good, but Brotherhood is so much better.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128851 on: May 11, 2014, 06:23:13 pm »

Started watching Cowboy Bepop. Bookmarking this page for future reference, though. Thanks to those who gave suggestions.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128852 on: May 11, 2014, 06:31:35 pm »

I started with Speed Racer then had a dry spell for a long time til I learned what anime is. 

Then I think it went Sailor Moon (don't judge I was young), Dragonball Z, then some weird ass show that was mostly a bunch of girls in an apartment that my friend insisted I watch,  I think it was Tenshi Muyo.  Then I hit my 'anime golden age' where I watched Cowboy Bebop and Inuyasha pretty much whenever I was at the TV. Then I kept watching Inuyasha til I got bored of it and don't really keep up with anime in general anymore.  Full Metal Alchemist looked interesting but failed keep me intrested enough to look for more episodes, Bleach is bleh despite how everyone claims it's amazing, and I saw a few episodes of sword art, but lost interest once there were no more episodes on demand.

So I guess I am a prime example of what not to do to get into anime.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128853 on: May 11, 2014, 06:59:30 pm »

My anime experience when I was younger was mostly limited to whatever Kids WB and Cartoon Network would show in the few hours between working on homework and bedtime. Stuff like Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh!, Sailor Moon (a friend of mine loved that show, so I tended to catch occasional episodes when she was around), Hamtaro of all things. So I'm probably not the best person to recommend anime either :P
Stuff like Evangelion and DBZ I only caught up on much later, and there's still plenty of "must-watch"es that I haven't even touched yet. I think I saw one episode of Trigun once, where two characters had arms that turned into massive guns, and there was also a cross that turned out to be a gun. Dunno much else.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128854 on: May 11, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

The only anime I've watched is TTGL.
You are all huge nerds.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128855 on: May 11, 2014, 07:15:29 pm »

You are all huge nerds.
You know of an anime I have never heard of, because of that you are a bigger nerd than I am for knowing more obscure anime than me.

Ha!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128856 on: May 11, 2014, 07:25:01 pm »

You are all huge nerds.
You know of an anime I have never heard of, because of that you are a bigger nerd than I am for knowing more obscure anime than me.

Ha!
Really never heard of it?

"Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens"? "Do not believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you"? Giant enemy robot that dwarfs the entire universe? The third important character introduced spends (almost) the entire thing wearing nothing more than a bikini?
None of that rings a bell?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128857 on: May 11, 2014, 07:31:49 pm »

"Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens"? "Do not believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you"?

Those two do, and I didn't know where they were from.  Is this the same anime where the kamina glasses came from?

Maybe I'm just out of touch.  *looks around barren empty room with no decoration* ...Nah.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128858 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:02 pm »

"Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens"? "Do not believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you"?

Those two do, and I didn't know where they were from.  Is this the same anime where the kamina glasses came from?

Maybe I'm just out of touch.  *looks around barren empty room with no decoration* ...Nah.
So you're telling me that you can know something is a reference and not try and find what it is referencing?
I both envy and pity you.

You're still a bigger nerd than I am though.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128859 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:16 pm »

So named for one of the main characters, Kamina. I actually watched it just last year, and it was pretty cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #128860 on: May 11, 2014, 07:57:18 pm »

Note on FMA: If you only watch one, watch Brotherhood, but if you watch both the 2003 adaptation should be watched first. Both are good, but Brotherhood is so much better.

Cheers for the reminder, I'm on episode 8 of Brotherhood. I've watched the 2003 version, but that was about 2 years ago.
When I watched the first few episodes of Brotherhood I was unsure as to whether I was actually watching a different anime, seeing as how most of the events unfold similarly to begin with at the start.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #128861 on: May 11, 2014, 08:06:11 pm »

For fantasy adventure anime, Tower of Druaga definitely captures the RPG feel (either tabletop or video game type), but it suffered somewhat from not having enough episodes to develop the plot, though I loved the characters in that show for the most part.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you like space adventure with some magic mixed in, you might like Outlaw Star.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128862 on: May 11, 2014, 08:09:23 pm »

For fantasy adventure anime, Tower of Druaga definitely captures the RPG feel (either tabletop or video game type), but it suffered somewhat from not having enough episodes to develop the plot, though I loved the characters in that show for the most part.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you like space adventure with some magic mixed in, you might like Outlaw Star.
And if you like space adventure with some WTF'ingF mixed in, you might like Space Dandy.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128863 on: May 11, 2014, 08:30:38 pm »

People seem to finally be thinking about GO as an actual, genuine sport. I happy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128864 on: May 11, 2014, 08:33:24 pm »

Speaking of anime, I've been thinking of trying it out. Can anyone direct me to a good beginners anime?

Nnnoooo! Don't do eet! D:
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8589 8590 [8591] 8592 8593 ... 13325