Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 [8584] 8585 8586 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15758986 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [┐(‘~`;)┌] The burritos are still gone. (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128745 on: May 10, 2014, 11:39:32 am »

You're all wrong.  The fact that they used Tenacious D music in a battle with a demon without the use of Beelzeboss is pretty hard fail :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #128746 on: May 10, 2014, 02:28:35 pm »

I discovered the wonders of Maine Root sodas. Torchy's Tacos, a well known taco place in Austin, has them in its soda machines; and it's just down the road. Including a really great one that isn't widely distributed: Prickly pear juice lemonade. This stuff is the culmination of everything lemonade ever wanted to be but couldn't. You can't even buy this stuff on their website, and yet there's a soda machine with infinite prickly pear lemonade.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128747 on: May 10, 2014, 02:42:22 pm »

2/10, should have been Living In the Sunlight

(I like Bohemian Rhapsody, so it's still k)

3/10, Shoulda' been Rosa Parks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128748 on: May 10, 2014, 02:53:20 pm »

I discovered the wonders of Maine Root sodas. Torchy's Tacos, a well known taco place in Austin, has them in its soda machines; and it's just down the road. Including a really great one that isn't widely distributed: Prickly pear juice lemonade. This stuff is the culmination of everything lemonade ever wanted to be but couldn't. You can't even buy this stuff on their website, and yet there's a soda machine with infinite prickly pear lemonade.
That's the Pine Tree State for you, my brother. We use no less than the most pure human blood available when we make our beverages.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128749 on: May 10, 2014, 02:55:03 pm »

I want to go to Austin sometime.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #128750 on: May 10, 2014, 03:18:10 pm »

I want to go to Austin sometime.
The food here is amazing. By sheer numbers, we've got about as many places to eat out as a typical city, but only a small portion of those are actually widespread chains. As a result, you get tons of really good food everywhere in Austin. I've lived here 10 months, go out to eat most days, and still have a backlog of places I need to try. Just don't come in the summer. My AC is already crying for mercy.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128751 on: May 10, 2014, 03:29:38 pm »

Chinese sit in restaurants are amazing. So very amazing. I think they're only the same here, even in England they're different. Beef and black been with green peppers and boiled rice.

So. Good.

*Wonders if he should go get a chinese*
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #128752 on: May 10, 2014, 03:33:40 pm »

I'm sitting here at home, installing an entire business worth of software, getting paid, whilst lounging in basketball shorts and listening to Sandstorm.

And that's awesome.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128753 on: May 10, 2014, 03:56:11 pm »

Telecommuting is the way of the future, N.

... mostly because it means the business doesn't have to pay as much for infrastructure. You at home means one more desk they didn't have to install, one less computer they had to buy, that much less electricity, etc., so forth, so on. Smart businesscritter wants as many folks to telecommute as possible, huhuhu...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #128754 on: May 10, 2014, 04:17:09 pm »

Telecommuting is the way of the future, N.

... mostly because it means the business doesn't have to pay as much for infrastructure. You at home means one more desk they didn't have to install, one less computer they had to buy, that much less electricity, etc., so forth, so on. Smart businesscritter wants as many folks to telecommute as possible, huhuhu...

And yet it's catching on so fucking slowly.  Corporate managers are all "How will I flaunt my ultimate authority over my employees?!"  (this is my interpretation of the argument given by Fedex as to why they wouldn't do this for employees who were basically data entry)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128755 on: May 10, 2014, 04:32:57 pm »

Dark Souls 2 has Havels armor!
Can't stop the rock!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128756 on: May 10, 2014, 04:48:05 pm »

If all your work is done by a computer, then it really doesn't matter where that computer is. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #128757 on: May 10, 2014, 05:18:52 pm »

If all your work is done by a computer, then it really doesn't matter where that computer is. :v
It actually does because time zones. We have offices as far apart as LA and the UK; scheduling meetings to fit that is a pain. If you set your company up well, it means you can have a nearly fully 24 hour business by having Bob in America finish his day by passing his work off Vivaan in India, then get it passed back before Bob starts the next day. Other than that, yeah, pretty much.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128758 on: May 10, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »

... Okay, but in terms of telecommuting :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128759 on: May 10, 2014, 05:36:27 pm »

I got Tiberian Sun running at 1280x1024  :)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 [8584] 8585 8586 ... 13325