Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8545 8546 [8547] 8548 8549 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15761810 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #128190 on: May 01, 2014, 08:15:31 pm »

I learned what I believe to be the most politically incorrect mathematical mnemonic today, beating even "Some Old Hippie...":

The mass of an electron is "Terrorist Halloween"...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128191 on: May 01, 2014, 08:17:47 pm »

Yah, at the end of the day, official jobs are great if you ever want to get more official job later.
However that does suck in itself, because at your first one you have to be 'the best ever employee' in order to get a good reference, because it's essentially the basis of the next three jobs you try for, and dear god, is it hard to be a good employee in the food service industry. Customers are very easy to hate.

Also props to casual sex guy.
No props to kaiyuu, marriage is a different league.
Nice jacket, knit tie.
And birthday to EParade.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128192 on: May 01, 2014, 09:11:29 pm »

I was reminded at around 5:30PM today that I had a term paper due by midnight tonight. So I sit down, select a poem to write an essay on, realize that there is literally zero critical work on it because it was pulled out of a 130 year old subscription-published volume of poetry. Cue squeals of delight, up until the point where I remember that I'm going to need to refresh myself on the historical context for what I'm planning to do, which means rereading "In Memoriam" in all of Tennyson's mournfully melodramatic glory, because the poem I'm working with is a fundamental rejection of that perspective on death and I can leaven it with Browning's psychotic narrative monologues to lighten the load. Finish wrangling with citations three and a half hours later. I swear, there's nothing in the world that compares to a manic work-high; I'm so fucking jittery right now. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #128193 on: May 01, 2014, 09:19:00 pm »

I learned what I believe to be the most politically incorrect mathematical mnemonic today, beating even "Some Old Hippie...":

9.11x10-31 what? I'm going to assume yottagrams.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128194 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:02 pm »

9.11x10-31 what? I'm going to assume yottagrams.
Kilograms.

Since they're the SI base unit which the course uses for pretty much all masses, I can remember that part automatically.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128195 on: May 01, 2014, 09:33:09 pm »

Went up to the gym fitness center of this apartment with my mom. My legs no longer want to work. IT IS A GOOD PAIN.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #128196 on: May 01, 2014, 09:35:06 pm »

wouldn't 'Grams' be the base unit?

That's one thing that bugged me in Eve Online, cargo volume measured in m^3.

is 10m^3 10,000 liters, or 1,000,000 liters?
that is, a cube 10 meters on a side, or 10 one meter cubes?
why didn't they just use kiloliters?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 09:37:11 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128197 on: May 01, 2014, 09:46:52 pm »

wouldn't 'Grams' be the base unit?

That's one thing that bugged me in Eve Online, cargo volume measured in m^3.

is 10m^3 10,000 liters, or 1,000,000 liters?
that is, a cube 10 meters on a side, or 10 one meter cubes?
why didn't they just use kiloliters?
Actually, kilograms is the base unit of mass, despite having the prefix. It's one of the few logical flaws in the SI base system.

I've never heard a satisfactory explanation as to why. One idea I've heard of is that since the kilogram is still defined by a physical mass (as opposed to a physical constant), they need to keep it reasonably large to make sure any possible discrepancies in the mass are negligible, whereas with a single gram mass any fluctuation would have a thousand times more significant effect.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128198 on: May 01, 2014, 10:09:20 pm »

Saw Sabaton and Iced Earth at a tiny bar the other night.  The audio was not well balanced but the bands themselves were pumped to be there.  Excellent wall of sound on a Tuesday night.

They were opened by Color of Aum, who were apparently performing their last show with their vocalist before he goes off to some other project.  They'll be better off without him, the band was fantastic, the lead guitar player especially is the only guy I've ever seen who could play like Eddie van Halen besides Eddie himself.  Also opening, Revamp from the Netherlands, whom I'd never heard of, featuring a female singer with a wider range of heavy metal voice than most of the famous dudes.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:11:02 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128199 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:58 pm »

Who's jealous and has two thumbs? This guy. *doublethumbpoint*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128200 on: May 01, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »

Oh hey, Floor Jansen's with ReVamp. Yeah, I know what you mean, her voice is absolutely fantastic for metal.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128201 on: May 01, 2014, 10:19:11 pm »

Echo this.

I've actually been noticing lately that... a lot of really good bands seem to kinda' avoid my neck of the woods. Like, I'll go check touring schedules or something and they'll go everywhere in the US except the southeast. I mean, I can't exactly blame them, per se, but...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #128202 on: May 01, 2014, 10:24:00 pm »

Saw Sabaton and Iced Earth at a tiny bar the other night.  The audio was not well balanced but the bands themselves were pumped to be there.  Excellent wall of sound on a Tuesday night.

YEEEES. Iced Earth is the shit. They are pretty popular among the metalheads in Austin Texas, pretty much every metalhead here knows them. Great band, yo.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128203 on: May 01, 2014, 10:24:36 pm »

Actually, kilograms is the base unit of mass, despite having the prefix. It's one of the few logical flaws in the SI base system.

I've never heard a satisfactory explanation as to why. One idea I've heard of is that since the kilogram is still defined by a physical mass (as opposed to a physical constant), they need to keep it reasonably large to make sure any possible discrepancies in the mass are negligible, whereas with a single gram mass any fluctuation would have a thousand times more significant effect.

There's an artifact platinum war hammer in France that it's based off of, set to be the standard for exactly one kg. It used to be defined as 1000cc of water, but they decided to go with an artifact instead. I think now they're working on finding a physical constant to base it off of, so it can be determined exactly by reproducible experiments.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128204 on: May 01, 2014, 10:24:57 pm »

Echo this.

I've actually been noticing lately that... a lot of really good bands seem to kinda' avoid my neck of the woods. Like, I'll go check touring schedules or something and they'll go everywhere in the US except the southeast. I mean, I can't exactly blame them, per se, but...

Well let's put it this way, a double-bill of Iced Earth and Sabaton couldn't fill a bar in downtown Dallas rated for 138 people.  Admittedly, it was a Tuesday night, but damn you'd think the entire local metal scene had turned out.

And if you weren't jealous enough by the way, when my friend and I were leaving, Sabaton drove right by us in the parking lot.  Aw yeah, I was like five feet and a piece of sheet metal away from one of the bigger names in folk-esque-ultra-war-themed-Norwegian-newwave-power-metal.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 8545 8546 [8547] 8548 8549 ... 13325