Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8530 8531 [8532] 8533 8534 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741014 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127965 on: April 29, 2014, 03:02:57 pm »

So the best security failure in recent memory happened at my old university. Somebody got access to a couple of servers that happened to have students' personal information. However, that seems to have been coincidental - the real goal? To mine Bitcoins. The only way this would be funnier is if they were mining doge. I must chortle over this - even without paying for the electricity, at this point the payout over the month they had access must've been negligible.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127966 on: April 29, 2014, 03:10:23 pm »

Someone's behind the cryptotimes, it sounds like.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127967 on: April 29, 2014, 03:39:23 pm »

The NBA has banned Donald Sterling for life. :D
Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity and sports, basketball.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #127968 on: April 29, 2014, 03:44:10 pm »

This the guy who was making racist comments in the privacy of his own home, and was unaware that his privacy was being invaded?

Ugggh... Even if he was a scumbag, what he did privately should have no bearring on his job.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #127969 on: April 29, 2014, 04:11:05 pm »

This the guy who was making racist comments in the privacy of his own home, and was unaware that his privacy was being invaded?

Ugggh... Even if he was a scumbag, what he did privately should have no bearring on his job.
^^^
This.

I'm glad they're making him sell the team and all, but I agree with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, who said that that he hoped Sterling would lose his franchise, *and* that whoever made the tape went to prison.

And it's not like this is going to hurt him. He's getting fined $2.5 million. If he's forced to sell the team, the market value of the franchise is about $575 million. And he bought it for $12 million. He's going to make out pretty well.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127970 on: April 29, 2014, 04:26:14 pm »

Except that his "job" is owning a team of mostly black people, in a league of mostly black people, in a sport of mostly black people, and he doesn't like black people.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127971 on: April 29, 2014, 04:29:17 pm »

well then, obviously the only solution is to ban black people from the sport

that's some monopoly shit going on

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127972 on: April 29, 2014, 04:38:24 pm »

Except that his "job" is owning a team of mostly black people, in a league of mostly black people, in a sport of mostly black people, and he doesn't like black people.
So, he's filthy rich and a hypocrite? I would have never guessed...
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127973 on: April 29, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

Yes, but in this case I think I rate privacy over anything else. The entire problem with racism is it hurts people. No one would have been hurt by this if it had remained private, and presumably he knows better than to act on any racist tendencies. Given that he does have, and pay, a nearly all-black team.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #127974 on: April 29, 2014, 04:50:31 pm »

Let's get this out of the Happy Thread, shall we?

In any case, I sold a bunch of cardboard for $40. Feels good.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127975 on: April 29, 2014, 04:51:46 pm »

In any case, I sold a bunch of cardboard for $40. Feels good.
How much cardboard was that? Where were you keeping that much cardboard in the first place?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #127976 on: April 29, 2014, 04:53:07 pm »

22 trading cards, from a drawer in my desk.

EDIT: Also I want it known that the text below my avatar predates the current fad. I was intensifying before it was cool.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:57:00 pm by Bauglir »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127977 on: April 29, 2014, 05:00:35 pm »

If I remember right, descans avatar started wiggling after me and ochita put way too many wiggling gifs in this thread some weeks ago.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127978 on: April 29, 2014, 05:02:33 pm »

He's got both his hands on screen. He may have a penguiness of the night beneath the waistline.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127979 on: April 29, 2014, 05:05:29 pm »

Vampire penguin, oh god no! D:
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 8530 8531 [8532] 8533 8534 ... 13325