Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8478 8479 [8480] 8481 8482 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754398 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #127186 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:29 am »

(Scouts comes to mind, although apparently American scouts are wussy?)
American Boy Scouts are notorious for being full of bigoted child molesters. Girl Scouts tend to be a bit more lenient and less full of child molesters, but I still wouldn't trust them. My sister was part of a Girl Scout-ish organization called Rainbow Girls, but it had a lot of blatant religious overtones that I'm not that OK with.

(schools should also be protected enough that nothing can go terribly wrong).
You are obviously not familiar with the American Public School system. My sister and I can both tell you our fair share of horror stories. A girl I was arguing with once gave me a black eye and a bloody nose, and the administrators did absolutely nothing because it was the end of the school year. If I had known that would have given me a free pass, I would have at least hit her back.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 03:28:14 am by AlleeCat »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127187 on: April 22, 2014, 03:24:55 am »

Click link, read title, close tab X4
As above.
It's old memes and rickrolling.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #127188 on: April 22, 2014, 03:30:50 am »

Click link, read title, close tab X4
As above.
It's old memes and rickrolling.

as I said, Nostalgia, and I like 80's music...
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127189 on: April 22, 2014, 04:15:11 am »

(Scouts comes to mind, although apparently American scouts are wussy?)
American Boy Scouts are notorious for being full of bigoted child molesters. Girl Scouts tend to be a bit more lenient and less full of child molesters, but I still wouldn't trust them. My sister was part of a Girl Scout-ish organization called Rainbow Girls, but it had a lot of blatant religious overtones that I'm not that OK with.

(schools should also be protected enough that nothing can go terribly wrong).
You are obviously not familiar with the American Public School system. My sister and I can both tell you our fair share of horror stories. A girl I was arguing with once gave me a black eye and a bloody nose, and the administrators did absolutely nothing because it was the end of the school year. If I had known that would have given me a free pass, I would have at least hit her back.

Ah. I knew American schools were bad, but I didn't realise they were that bad. I also didn't realise that was a thing with the BSA.

Does it show that I'm not American?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127190 on: April 22, 2014, 04:18:45 am »

Not necessarily- discussing/arguing about matters you have no real knowledge of is a classic American pastime! :P (no offence, fellas)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #127191 on: April 22, 2014, 05:21:54 am »

Listening to this one always makes me smile and laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldNSMnEeKio
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127192 on: April 22, 2014, 05:31:46 am »

So YouTube now has an option for slowed and sped up playback. I've gotten infinite amusement from listening to people sound like they're stoned or in a dubbed Japanese cartoon.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127193 on: April 22, 2014, 05:41:59 am »

Oh man, I can imagine. :))
Gonna have to try that out sometime.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #127194 on: April 22, 2014, 06:34:04 am »

Speaking of, am I the only one who actually reads the pages I missed in these topics..?
One of the few, seemingly.

Also spoiler tags don't actually block the text on the shitty cellphone version of the forums.

OT: Loans are coming in soon, I can buy shit again.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127195 on: April 22, 2014, 07:01:25 am »

Yeah, you have trouble with something? No, help's for wusses! Detention!
Nice try, but on this very forum you've admitted to being the kid that all teachers hated.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #127196 on: April 22, 2014, 07:32:04 am »

Speaking as someone who was homeschooled, I can say that if your parents know what they're doing, it's a *lot* better than public school. If they don't, it's still the same as public school. *rimshot*

If you have an significantly above-average intelligence, then homeschooling is an even better option, and here's why: in the American public school system, both the gifted and the literally retarded are defined as 'special needs', and get budget money. Guess where 95% off that money goes? Trying to get the mentally retarded kids to act normal. That means that kids ahead of the curve are stuck in normal classes with teachers who don't give a shit and kids who don't either. I can go on about the subject at some length, but I'll leave it at that.

And yes, by and large, American Scouts are wusses today. That's because moat of today's Scout leaders were Cub Scoug parents and expect Scouting to be all achievements and snacks and 'everyone's a winner!'-ness. My troop's nemesis troop is one such troop.

However, when you get a troop run the way it's supposed to be, led by the boys, with a focus on fun, it's pretty awesome.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127197 on: April 22, 2014, 07:47:59 am »

I remember I was a gifted kid at school (not being full of myself- believe me, it's gone now). However, I and one or two others had an awesome fun time. We'd get out of classes and they'd take us to do lateral thinking puzzles, design assignments, etc etc. Which was a lot less boring than revising the same crap we'd had in class for the last 3 weeks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127198 on: April 22, 2014, 07:48:33 am »

That's because moat of today's Scout leaders were Cub Scoug parents and expect Scouting to be all achievements and snacks and 'everyone's a winner!'-ness. My troop's nemesis troop is one such troop.

See, here, you can get a lot of achievements (and snacks figure largely in any well planned and run Scout camp), but they're achievements. You get a pioneering badge because you built a flippin' 10 meter tall lookout tower in 6 hours using ropes and poles. You get a backwoodsman badge because you caught, killed, gutted and cooked a rabbit using nothing but your wits and a belt knife. Patrol Leader Training Unit is as hardcore as an army camp. Swimming a kilometer is one of the requirements of the swimmer's interest badge. You get a Kon-tiki trophy because you and five others spent 42 hours, unsupervised*, out in the middle of a lake on a raft you built yourselves in 12 hours. Also you're disqualified if you come ashore for any reason other than handing in activities or emptying the toilet.

This is not the impression I get of most American scouts, from what I've seen.

*There are motorboats that go around, but there are no adults on the rafts.

That means that kids ahead of the curve are stuck in normal classes with teachers who don't give a shit and kids who don't either.

This is true nearly everywhere, in nearly every school, really. It sucks.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #127199 on: April 22, 2014, 07:51:44 am »

That means that kids ahead of the curve are stuck in normal classes with teachers who don't give a shit and kids who don't either.

This is true nearly everywhere, in nearly every school, really. It sucks.
Story of my ongoing life. :(
...In which few understand anyway >_>

What makes this ha-...bittersweetly-ish happy is that I get to meet nice peoples who care.
Pages: 1 ... 8478 8479 [8480] 8481 8482 ... 13325