Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8442 8443 [8444] 8445 8446 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768490 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: [wot m8?] avin a giggle m8? (Happy thread?!)
« Reply #126645 on: April 15, 2014, 08:36:24 am »

My friend told me a funny-sounding way to cheat at Monopoly.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #126646 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:33 am »

Damnit. Firaxis, if you fuck [making a SMAC sequel] up I will find you and dump a planet buster on your head. Either that or have mind worms delivered to your door.
Siggy.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #126647 on: April 15, 2014, 08:41:51 am »

One time when my cousin and I played monopoly we had a discussion about how the bank owned everything in it, and wound up turning it into a wargame halfway through in which we used our fortunes to finance an army of chess pawns in armed rebellion against the bank. And then my other cousin accidentally dropped thr box of money and we declared the stock market crashed.
It's FEF, not FEOF

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #126648 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:27 am »

One time when my cousin and I played monopoly we had a discussion about how the bank owned everything in it, and wound up turning it into a wargame halfway through in which we used our fortunes to finance an army of chess pawns in armed rebellion against the bank. And then my other cousin accidentally dropped thr box of money and we declared the stock market crashed.
Slaves to the Bank: God of Fortune
Chapter II, Dwarf Hotel

We need this.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #126649 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:05 am »

I... okay, I'm gonna hafta try that sometime. I'll maybe try to buy out the Risk pieces instead, though. I don't think pawns have the same effect on hotels that artillery does.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126650 on: April 15, 2014, 09:49:14 am »

what
why
but
no
thats not how
no
why
pls my mind
o god
why

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126651 on: April 15, 2014, 09:54:58 am »

It's Calvinopoly.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Imperial Guardsman

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANATICISM INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126652 on: April 15, 2014, 09:56:54 am »

It's Calvinopoly.  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #126653 on: April 15, 2014, 10:17:00 am »

Oh... oh man. I have to try this sometime.

Maybe my sister would agree to play like that.

Slaves to the Bank: God of Fortune
Chapter II, Dwarf Hotel

We need this.

Urist McMonopoly hacks the 100 dollar bill in the paper, tearing the paper!

100 dollar bill has been struck down.

You are deceased.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #126654 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:33 am »

Why just stop at Risk, though? I've got an old Battle of Gettysburg war/boardgame with a crapload of unit tokens, and I'm sure plenty of others have the same. There's also stuff like that Axis vs. Allies game. Why settle for cannons when you can have lines of T-34s rolling down Wall Street?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126655 on: April 15, 2014, 10:30:34 am »

If you can control all the railroads, you can cut off your enemy's supply lines. And suddenly the utilities become way more important.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #126656 on: April 15, 2014, 10:42:34 am »

....somehow, Bay 12 has made both chess and monopoly better by merging the two.

How is that even possible?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #126657 on: April 15, 2014, 11:52:40 am »

....somehow, Bay 12 has made both chess and monopoly better by merging the two.

How is that even possible?
"Knight to Park Place. Check."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #126658 on: April 15, 2014, 11:54:11 am »

Mayfare takes knight. Your move.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126659 on: April 15, 2014, 11:55:09 am »

Ah monopoly. There's nothing quite like a game where everyone enters happy and leaves with knives at each others throats.

I remember so many fond memories of the game.
I remember how my sister would always play by aggressively trying to bankrupt all the other players, leading to her victory. I remember how my safe high-end investment strategies were futile against this, so I adapted. I diversified, I bought a total range of all lands. I sold, I traded and it appeared that everyone was far superseding me in lands, indeed people were helping me pay the rent in difficult times.
Of course I had always been taking a moderate portion of all funds I received and hiding the money underneath the board for a rainy day. When the others gave me monopolies in return for me giving them monopolies, they were all surprised to find me build three rows of hotels in one turn, bankrupting and acquiring the assets of the others in quick succession.
This would of course, begin an economical arms race in the subsequent games.
Money laundering was rife, often people would falsely claim bankruptcy to gain access to lucrative deals that would bypass the crippling debt of the mortgage spiral. People kept trying to hide and find money that the other players hid to avoid a repeat of what I had done, often times we would acquire so much capital that the banker started running out of money and all income became strictly CEO to CEO.

This was all avoided when my sister had the smart idea to get some plain paper and start making new money.
The banker was once again with a new means to supply us with income and capital once again flowed through the markets. The net gain of capital due to very little taxing meant that the deals between CEOs became greater and fiercer, $100 deeds selling for thousands. We had learned the wonders of inflation, and knew that to fall behind increasing profit margins was to know bankruptcy. This problem only got worse with the advent of digital monopoly money, where the same land was now selling for multiple millions of monopoly dollars.
Pages: 1 ... 8442 8443 [8444] 8445 8446 ... 13325