Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8276 8277 [8278] 8279 8280 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15766738 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124155 on: March 16, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Honestly, it's just the entire package.  The tech trees, the RPG elements, the ability to pew pew aliens, the missions... it's pretty much like it takes everything I liked about Civilization, abstracted out everything I didn't like, and then added some more great features.  I love this game.

Huh. I kept hearing Good Stuff about X-Com, but thought it's more just plain turn-based tacticky strategy. Now I'm interested...
Which X-Com is this and where can I find it?!  :o

I'm playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown.  You can find it on Steam, and it is really fucking excellent.  I accidentally stayed up until 4 last night.
Just wait until you get Enemy Within. That is one of the best DLCs I've ever seen.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #124156 on: March 16, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »

Fatigue got the best of me from the whole week and the week before, and I managed to sleep a good 12 hours. Despite waking up in the afternoon, I feel a crap-ton better than I did yesterday, and the entire time beforehand. Plus, with the weather as it is right now, I'm gonna enjoy it while I still can.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124157 on: March 16, 2014, 02:19:03 pm »

Honestly, it's just the entire package.  The tech trees, the RPG elements, the ability to pew pew aliens, the missions... it's pretty much like it takes everything I liked about Civilization, abstracted out everything I didn't like, and then added some more great features.  I love this game.

Huh. I kept hearing Good Stuff about X-Com, but thought it's more just plain turn-based tacticky strategy. Now I'm interested...

I'm playing X-Com: Enemy Unknown.  You can find it on Steam, and it is really fucking excellent.  I accidentally stayed up until 4 last night.
Just wait until you get Enemy Within. That is one of the best DLCs I've ever seen.
I agree. Be careful, though, because it has a slight balance problem in the player's favor.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124158 on: March 16, 2014, 02:20:58 pm »

I agree. Be careful, though, because it has a slight balance problem in the player's favor.
The balance problem is only as big as the the size of a powerfist.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124159 on: March 16, 2014, 02:43:22 pm »

P-putting it on my wishlist ><
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124160 on: March 16, 2014, 03:12:40 pm »

I might plink them at my brother and tell him it's Civilization with pew pew aliens. While likely not true of the the first titles, it might at least get him hooked enough to actually play the things.
Set the scene! :D

P-putting it on my wishlist ><
Seconded~ T_T
Something to save for...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124161 on: March 16, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »

Next time there's a sale and I have a job, I suspect we will both be happy campers :3
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124162 on: March 16, 2014, 03:14:37 pm »

Whenever I ever find out how to put money in Steam, or even have money to do so, YES, :))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124163 on: March 16, 2014, 03:15:21 pm »

N-no I meant

i hope you like presents Tiruin

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #124164 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:18 pm »

I wish I had a sugarmomma like you, Tiruin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124165 on: March 16, 2014, 03:31:37 pm »

Iwhowhatnow? o_O
If I get the gesture right, Vector, then...oh wow ;__; That's...that's so..
thaaaanks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #124166 on: March 16, 2014, 03:42:29 pm »

100% happy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124167 on: March 16, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »

Vector the anti-smooth .-.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #124168 on: March 16, 2014, 03:45:16 pm »

100% happy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So good.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124169 on: March 16, 2014, 03:45:35 pm »

True happiness is singing along to this song at the top of your lungs in an empty house.
Pages: 1 ... 8276 8277 [8278] 8279 8280 ... 13325