Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8273 8274 [8275] 8276 8277 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769123 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124110 on: March 15, 2014, 11:57:06 pm »

Aw. :-[
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124111 on: March 16, 2014, 12:15:46 am »

Almost done with my Art History Project.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124112 on: March 16, 2014, 12:21:38 am »

It's my Friday! Day was nice and easy, so that's good.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124113 on: March 16, 2014, 12:46:03 am »

It's my Friday! Day was nice and easy, so that's good.

New route? How is it?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124114 on: March 16, 2014, 12:51:27 am »

Pretty simple. Start in a specific drop yard, pick up a trailer, drive it a few hours, trade with another truck, drive back. Sometimes the traded trailer has to be delivered somewhere in the area before I finish up.

The trickiest part of the route is that the shift starts at noon, and can easily go until midnight or later if things don't go well. Not a problem today, thankfully.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124115 on: March 16, 2014, 12:55:06 am »

Been reading a new webcomic. It's called Trying Human, it's basically this story where Roswell greys are real and abducting people, and also there's extremely carnivorous shape-shifting lizard men, that have been known to eat humans sometimes (though I don't think they're supposed to).
So of course the comic is a romance drama about forbidden love shared between these species and humans. Despite the dark overtones, it's honestly pretty silly in that straight faced kind of way.

I love it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #124116 on: March 16, 2014, 01:01:24 am »

Oh god David Icke was right about his shapeshifting Illuminati lizard men aliens that engineered every bad thing in human history while projecting a psychic suppression field from the moon which is really a giant battleship of theirs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #124117 on: March 16, 2014, 01:03:55 am »

Checked out my first Dota 2 match.

lol I bought power treads and boots of speed

Even funnier: I bought two sets of boots again second time around

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124118 on: March 16, 2014, 01:10:50 am »

Oh god David Icke was right about his shapeshifting Illuminati lizard men aliens that engineered every bad thing in human history while projecting a psychic suppression field from the moon which is really a giant battleship of theirs.
And getting into homosexual relationships with teenagers.  :P

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124119 on: March 16, 2014, 03:31:11 am »

I did not expect to like X-Com quite this much.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #124120 on: March 16, 2014, 03:44:18 am »

X-com is pretty fun I think. Both the old and the new. The old one is pretty good at evoking a sort of horror and respect for who you are fighting I guess. It's pretty clunky in some places, but I did have a moment where storming a UFO, I had everyone at the entrance, was pretty sure we outnumbered the aliens inside, and I had a rookie activate her bomb for next turn. Cue a floater opening the door, and shooting the rookie, after that the bomb took out most of my people and I had to clear out the UFO with someone low on hitpoints and bleeding to death.

The new one is great still, since it makes moves more transparent, plus I can give my soldiers funny hair. Plus I'm not a big fan of taking over logistics in strategy, at least as far as making sure we don't run out of ammo and grenades.Still, I think knowing your options up front and executing them without doing any measuring makes it pretty good. If you'd like something with a bit more crunch, look up Silent Storm. It's got a bit of old X-Com in it, and a silly amount of guns, but it's also a fun strategy game.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124121 on: March 16, 2014, 05:48:26 am »

You know what is fun? Nitrous oxide... We have a canister of the stuff. Hoo boy this stuff is too good to not have some terrible side effect I don't know about.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124122 on: March 16, 2014, 06:14:45 am »

Honestly, it's just the entire package.  The tech trees, the RPG elements, the ability to pew pew aliens, the missions... it's pretty much like it takes everything I liked about Civilization, abstracted out everything I didn't like, and then added some more great features.  I love this game.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #124123 on: March 16, 2014, 06:27:26 am »

You know what is fun? Nitrous oxide... We have a canister of the stuff. Hoo boy this stuff is too good to not have some terrible side effect I don't know about.

Nitrous oxide works, basically, by putting your neurons in reverse gear. So, it is a debuff to INT, DEX and PER in the short term, but is mostly kinda sorta safe-ish in the long term.

Honestly, it's just the entire package.  The tech trees, the RPG elements, the ability to pew pew aliens, the missions... it's pretty much like it takes everything I liked about Civilization, abstracted out everything I didn't like, and then added some more great features.  I love this game.

Huh. I kept hearing Good Stuff about X-Com, but thought it's more just plain turn-based tacticky strategy. Now I'm interested...
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124124 on: March 16, 2014, 06:29:24 am »

Totally worth it for the massive boost to CHA though... Seriously I sound like Morgan Freeman.
Pages: 1 ... 8273 8274 [8275] 8276 8277 ... 13325