Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8271 8272 [8273] 8274 8275 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768876 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124080 on: March 15, 2014, 09:51:53 pm »

There's a quite high probability that I'd be either still crazy, or dead.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124081 on: March 15, 2014, 09:54:48 pm »

I dunno, I think this place has been both good and bad for me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:56:45 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124082 on: March 15, 2014, 09:58:30 pm »

I'd be... uh... A little more bored and less knowledgeable? I guess?

You guys are important but you haven't been life-changing for me :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124083 on: March 15, 2014, 10:07:20 pm »

That feeling when you've spent the majority of your waking hours for two days googling error codes and trying dozens of solutions to fix a single computer problem to no effect... and then finally, suddenly it works.

I had to manually create a registry entry from scratch, but my computer can update again!

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #124084 on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:50 pm »

By the way. Have I mentioned how awesome poptarts are lately?

Because they're awesome.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124085 on: March 15, 2014, 10:08:59 pm »

Since I'm on here I actually feel like I have friends.

The only people I could call a "friend" if that, would be the guy who runs the kwik-e-mart style gas station down the street, and a couple of missionaries that stop by every now and then.

So yeah, I have no actual friends in the real world.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #124086 on: March 15, 2014, 10:10:37 pm »

I think this place is nice for people (mostly) might be because some people one day were bored and looking for something fun, or mabye they saw dwarf fortress on RPS, some of those people actually looked at the website of dwarf fortress, and some of those people saw the little forum button near the top of the screen, and some people clicked that button, or just found this forum through chance, some people from that group made an identity of their own, then some people actually posted on this forum about dwarf fortress, or games with dice, and some people stayed on, enjoying this hamlet of a forum that exists.

And some people are alive right here, walking around with friends from this forum, right now.

Just my two cents, you know,
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124087 on: March 15, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »

Yeah, I actually found the forum from looking at the devlog, and noticing the little "forums" button at the top, and decided to check it out.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #124088 on: March 15, 2014, 10:21:13 pm »

Since I'm on here I actually feel like I have friends.

The only people I could call a "friend" if that, would be the guy who runs the kwik-e-mart style gas station down the street, and a couple of missionaries that stop by every now and then.

So yeah, I have no actual friends in the real world.
Welcome to The Island of Misfit Toys the No Friends Club.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #124089 on: March 15, 2014, 10:28:05 pm »

Heeey... I remember that horsehead groin covering. Think I actually have/had a post somewhere around where it originally generated.

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm starting to wonder what the feasibility would be of running some sort of roleplaying campaign over roll20 or whatever and then streaming the results to be enjoyed by our Bay12 buddies.
It's certainly feasible, if you can work out the timing and whatnot of it. There's consistently been at least a couple P&P campaigns at least trying to run for a couple years now, split between OG (/PWYB) and FG&RP. Probably more than a couple, heh. Haven't really been paying too much attention to 'em.
Yeah, the problem with forum games is they tend to feel rather private, even though anyone can technically read them as much as they want. I may have been listening to too many Harmontown podcasts lately, but I feel like we could make the audience feel more welcome by taking suggestions when players are stuck or whatever and playing to the general mood somewhat. Mostly it's just something I kinda wanna try, and if it doesn't last a long time at the very least we should be able to say we had fun.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124090 on: March 15, 2014, 10:29:53 pm »

Our house doesn't have a toaster...
And I like my poptarts cooked.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124091 on: March 15, 2014, 10:33:45 pm »

Heeey... I remember that horsehead groin covering. Think I actually have/had a post somewhere around where it originally generated.

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm starting to wonder what the feasibility would be of running some sort of roleplaying campaign over roll20 or whatever and then streaming the results to be enjoyed by our Bay12 buddies.
It's certainly feasible, if you can work out the timing and whatnot of it. There's consistently been at least a couple P&P campaigns at least trying to run for a couple years now, split between OG (/PWYB) and FG&RP. Probably more than a couple, heh. Haven't really been paying too much attention to 'em.
Yeah, the problem with forum games is they tend to feel rather private, even though anyone can technically read them as much as they want. I may have been listening to too many Harmontown podcasts lately, but I feel like we could make the audience feel more welcome by taking suggestions when players are stuck or whatever and playing to the general mood somewhat. Mostly it's just something I kinda wanna try, and if it doesn't last a long time at the very least we should be able to say we had fun.

I think the issue with this is your audience wouldn't be very large. 5,000+ people watching a few guys play D&D and giving suggestions and such is a party. 3 people watching a few guys play D&D and giving suggestions is just sad and probably not worth it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124092 on: March 15, 2014, 10:37:50 pm »

Actually a poll was taken and the vast majority of people here were male, so really I'm just using induction, and keeping down my error percentile.
Doesn't prove much, silly! :P
Speaking with Skyrunner, the poll was more biased on that side due to those who have taken the poll compared to those who use the forums (or the lower boards) as a generality.

I try to imagine the people I meet online whose gender I don't know as some kind of nondescript Slenderman-like eldritch horror.

...It's less silly in practice.

Not related to her last post, but anyone else think Tiruin (and the way she types) is kind of adorable?

Can't put my finger on exactly what makes it so, but it's there. Adorableing at me.

:I

onanothernote: Jon came online, so I know they're at least not ded. :u

Pinoys seem to radiate innocence when they type on the internet for some reasons, especially if their gender is female.
Tiruin's a Filipino, right?
Why yes, yes I am. And thank you for those kind words. Pretty much more than I'd think of myself but still, thanks. :)

And I've to argue against the difference on gender there. It's mostly equal. Equal innocence! :p
Though...I do think that innocence = understanding, so yeah!
I just blame colonialistic ideas for our negative culture shifts.

>_>
<_<
I also miss Vester, but I never knew her other than what I can read of her.
Also art.

*also misses Truean*

I'm real glad this forum lacks the gender disparity/bias or whateverthingthatseparates treatment of people by physical characteristics. Thank you freethinkers for understanding! :D
[Though, y'know, I don't see anyone by first impression as he or she unless asked (or inferred? Easy to confuse, easy to fix).
Guess its our background in knowing people online.]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:40:37 pm by Tiruin »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124093 on: March 15, 2014, 10:45:14 pm »

Inaluct was cool though... the roaming battlefortress was possibly one of the most outlandish undertakings ever done on this forum.
I would love to know more about this...

Edit Aw great doublepost :I
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 10:47:28 pm by Tiruin »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #124094 on: March 15, 2014, 10:46:14 pm »

It was a topic that he moved between sub-boards. Far back enough that everyone just shrugged or laughed when he did it.

Then one day he accidentally moved it into announcements.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.
Pages: 1 ... 8271 8272 [8273] 8274 8275 ... 13325