Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8270 8271 [8272] 8273 8274 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768734 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #124065 on: March 15, 2014, 08:24:09 pm »

Maybe it's subjective rarity? Boys want to think that a 'real' girl gamer is a treasure, so they make loopholes, and narrow definitions, treat every woman on the internet like she's the perfect girl and/or a slut.

Subjective rarity? No, it's objective rarity.  Assuming otherwise is silly. The Bay12 listed male to female ratio is 9.1:1. Obviously there are some exceptions (like the fact that some girls will list as guys or maybe even vica versa, and a HUGE number of spambots list as female). Statistically, if you assume the default user is male, you'd be RIGHT, so unless you want to use a gender neutral pronoun, ("it" which I find demeaning or a tumblr-esque one like "hir"), assuming male until disproven grants an increased chance of correctness.

If you were referring to a fanfiction.net user, on the other hand, using "her"/"she" grants a far higher chance of success. Therefore you should assume female until disproven for that demographic.

I can understand people getting upset at the subjective view but not the objective realities. Gender pronouns are useful shortcuts, as are many words.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124066 on: March 15, 2014, 08:24:56 pm »

I "D'aww"-d when Barbarossa said it, and I just did it again. Thanks, Tack.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124067 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:21 pm »

I'm not going to change his quote just to give you props. I realize the feeling of getting left out of a 'Forumite' list, it happens to me all the time. (Or I guess, happened. I don't really care now.)
I dunno how active you were back then, I know that you're plenty active now. But you can't ask for it... down that road lies spite.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124068 on: March 15, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Woo.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124069 on: March 15, 2014, 08:50:49 pm »

This. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting disconnected from the community though. :/
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #124070 on: March 15, 2014, 09:11:35 pm »

Just finished a 12-hour work day that freed up what otherwise would have been another work day tomorrow. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow, and probably too drunk to remember the day after (St. Patty's Day).

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #124071 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:57 pm »

This. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting disconnected from the community though. :/
I often feel this myself, since I tend to browse a lot and don't really post much. I feel like we don't do enough activities together, especially since Soli stopped streaming.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #124072 on: March 15, 2014, 09:19:48 pm »

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124073 on: March 15, 2014, 09:26:16 pm »

Inaluct was cool though... the roaming battlefortress was possibly one of the most outlandish undertakings ever done on this forum.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #124074 on: March 15, 2014, 09:27:51 pm »

I often feel this myself, since I tend to browse a lot and don't really post much. I feel like we don't do enough activities together, especially since Soli stopped streaming.
I browse a lot and post little, and tend towards threads often avoided. I feel basically anonymous, and am surprised when proven wrong. Just like in real life, as a matter of fact.

Anyway... The headache I've had all day is gone. Thank God for it too: I was in a painful haze for a while. Also, having watched TPP Crystal end and gear up to Gen III, I've went out and found a way to play Ruby or Sapphire. Man the memories are hitting me like a tsunami: They were the ones I played the most and got the farthest in (I had Pokémon gold too actually, but I lost it at some point).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #124075 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm starting to wonder what the feasibility would be of running some sort of roleplaying campaign over roll20 or whatever and then streaming the results to be enjoyed by our Bay12 buddies.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124076 on: March 15, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

NOSTALLLGIIIIAAAAAAA
Reminds me of when I went to the Fort Sill artillery museum.  They have the genuine Upshot Knothole cannon on display.  A soldier stationed on base saw me and my dad poking around it, and he started talking about how awesome a cannon that shoots nukes is, and that it was meant for fighting a contingency war on American soil.  My dad pointed out that if you're throwing nukes at a target six miles away, you've already lost.

He didn't think it was as funny as we did.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:34:16 pm by Tack »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #124077 on: March 15, 2014, 09:35:45 pm »

Heeey... I remember that horsehead groin covering. Think I actually have/had a post somewhere around where it originally generated.

Thinking about it for a bit, I'm starting to wonder what the feasibility would be of running some sort of roleplaying campaign over roll20 or whatever and then streaming the results to be enjoyed by our Bay12 buddies.
It's certainly feasible, if you can work out the timing and whatnot of it. There's consistently been at least a couple P&P campaigns at least trying to run for a couple years now, split between OG (/PWYB) and FG&RP. Probably more than a couple, heh. Haven't really been paying too much attention to 'em.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #124078 on: March 15, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »

While everyone else is still nostalgia-ing, I feel I should mention I do still like this place even if I've gone quiet off and on a lot. And if I've on occasion said harsh things about it. Mostly since I met some of my best friends here, and I don't mean just online, I mean like in general.

SHAD0Wdump, Chaoticag, Ochita, and last but not least Workerdrone really helped me all make it as long as I have pretty much. I wouldn't of got my life back in shape without them.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124079 on: March 15, 2014, 09:48:48 pm »

I think, if I hadn't had Bay12 while I was first getting out of Drug Court, I might be in prison. >.>
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 8270 8271 [8272] 8273 8274 ... 13325