Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8253 8254 [8255] 8256 8257 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768547 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [!!PIZZA!!] CAN YOU GUESS WHAT, ITS A MYSTERY (happy thread?!)
« Reply #123810 on: March 13, 2014, 12:25:03 am »

There's no reason why you can't have technology + agrarianism.  There's a reason why we developed this stuff in the first place.

Yeah. People don't seem to get that. Even a rototiller is "developed technology," and I doubt the most hardcore technophobe would be opposed to something as cool and renewable as solar panels.
I always hear a lot of, "I'm a farmer! I don't need your technology crap! Now, I'm going back to my steel-beam construction farmhouse with geothermal heating, a full greenhouse and hothouse, and a $100,000 hybrid diesel/electric tractor with 400 attachments sitting outside. Harrumph, technology!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #123811 on: March 13, 2014, 12:30:25 am »

I'm not entirely sure you need brainpower and focus to lucid dream, since I've been having them off and on for large portions of my life.  And trust me I'm neither smart or have a lot of focus. Hell half the time I end up so confused I feel literally stuck in my head on occasion. I remember once I got so mixed up I ended up playing solitaire for what felt like a good 10 minutes in a dream before hopping in a car and driving down a weird long noodly road.

I don't know what's weirder, that or the weird swat 4 like dream I had last night my lucidity turned into a military themed slasher movie with me as the slasher/monster.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #123812 on: March 13, 2014, 12:34:52 am »

the more time I can spend enjoying what little life I have left.
Ehh, unless I am missing some health thing about you, its entirely possible that you will live to the point where immortality is common.

Now, its entirely possible for a number of reasons that it won't happen like that (eg. the rich keep it to themselves, the tech is banned due to population reasons, it takes far longer to develop then expected, xantlos and friends come to earth), but I wouldn't be surprised if you are going to still be around in a thousand years.

Personally, the main thing I am looking forwards too in the future is mental enhancements. Screw having to memorize a thousand little things that will be forgotten at the end of the semester, the students of tomorrow will just download them into their brain, and remember those facts for the rest of their life just by hearing them once.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123813 on: March 13, 2014, 12:40:32 am »

the more time I can spend enjoying what little life I have left.
Ehh, unless I am missing some health thing about you, its entirely possible that you will live to the point where immortality is common.

Now, its entirely possible for a number of reasons that it won't happen like that (eg. the rich keep it to themselves, the tech is banned due to population reasons, it takes far longer to develop then expected, xantlos and friends come to earth), but I wouldn't be surprised if you are going to still be around in a thousand years.

Personally, the main thing I am looking forwards too in the future is mental enhancements. Screw having to memorize a thousand little things that will be forgotten at the end of the semester, the students of tomorrow will just download them into their brain, and remember those facts for the rest of their life just by hearing them once.
Neural tube defects (Pars defect, spina bifida occulta, etc,) combined with lots of damage (read: concussions, joint damage) from mixed martial arts, combined with a terrible family history for health (pretty severe poverty for my entire life up until recently, family history of diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's, various cancers, Alzheimer's,) combined with the beginnings of age onset, (I'll be on the wrong side of 30 this year, which is when your average athlete sees a sharp decline in physical skills,) means that when I start to fall apart, it will happen with the utmost haste and no mercy. If I make it to 70, my mind won't be in any shape to be salvageable, and my body will probably be totally destroyed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #123814 on: March 13, 2014, 12:42:38 am »

His life expectancy is, at maximum, zero.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #123815 on: March 13, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

Eh, my guess is that many of us missed the immortality bus by exactly one generation, at best. You teenagers might have a slim chance, though, you bastards.

I want you to know that I will haunt you until your descendants don't even have a word for "ghost", on account of nobody dying anymore and instead just moving to the next star whenever population density gets uncomfortably high. I hope Max will join me. We can make it a club, and have t-shirts. Made of ectoplasm.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #123816 on: March 13, 2014, 12:47:30 am »

Eh, my guess is that many of us missed the immortality bus by exactly one generation, at best. You teenagers might have a slim chance, though, you bastards.

I want you to know that I will haunt you until your descendants don't even have a word for "ghost", on account of nobody dying anymore and instead just moving to the next star whenever population density gets uncomfortably high. I hope Max will join me. We can make it a club, and have t-shirts. Made of ectoplasm.
Pretty much.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123817 on: March 13, 2014, 12:52:55 am »

I just wanna say: good work, Freeform. That's something we should all do.
I lack the willpower to escape this digital leash myself, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123818 on: March 13, 2014, 01:14:50 am »

Why would I even want to be immortal?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #123819 on: March 13, 2014, 01:18:16 am »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123820 on: March 13, 2014, 01:20:26 am »

Immortality is for dirty fucking elves.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #123821 on: March 13, 2014, 01:21:48 am »

Immortality is for dirty fucking elves.
Well, yeah. You're gonna get bored of the regular kind of elves eventually.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #123822 on: March 13, 2014, 02:02:40 am »

You might be surprised. As much as I don't like Kurzweil, thinking in terms of exponential, not linear, growth of knowledge makes some pretty accurate predictions (although I think a series of sigmoidal curves would be even more accurate).

And nowadays, we're living in a world where we have a degree of understanding of genetics in general, we got biotechnology developed good enough to be able to get first gene therapies working, cured several types of cancer, and are making some interesting discoveries about the mechanics of aging.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

lorb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123823 on: March 13, 2014, 02:05:50 am »

Released a decent game programmed by myself :D
http://www.kongregate.com/games/bluesummer/ring-tower-defense
Please be gracious in judging my english. (I am not a native speaker/writer.)
"This tile is supported by that wall."

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #123824 on: March 13, 2014, 02:38:07 am »

So recently I discovered that the expensive all-you-can eat meal plan place has a macaroni and cheese bar, meaning you walk up, pick your noodle and cheese type, pick from an impressive variety of meats and other add-ins, and they make a plate of it right there for you. WHY ISN'T THIS ANYWHERE ELSE!?!
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 ... 8253 8254 [8255] 8256 8257 ... 13325