Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8195 8196 [8197] 8198 8199 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760010 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122940 on: March 02, 2014, 09:29:13 pm »

For my happy thing of the day, I've heard that school is being cancelled for tomorrow because of the expected snow. And I don't mind that at all. Oh, and I took part in my weekly dose of murderhoboing(read: Adventuring/D&D NOT MURDERING HOBOS) today.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122941 on: March 02, 2014, 09:31:35 pm »

This week the leetle keedz a grade below me have to take their ACTs and other tests. This means I get Tuesday off school entirely, and it's delayed two, three hours the next two days.

I plan on getting a lot of sleep in.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #122942 on: March 02, 2014, 09:44:45 pm »

Eating homemade waffles.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122943 on: March 02, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

He means in weight.
If I had that I could probably retire. Since instead I start my new route on Tuesday, nope :v
Have fun with a ton of copper. Outside it's material properties, it's not really all that valuable (and I think the Feds would complain about smelting/repurposing their money).
... it's about 3 USD/pound. Ton of copper'd be worth about 6k USD, which isn't exactly chump change. Not enough to retire, but you can live on that for a good several months without much trouble. You actually see folks stripping copper wire/piping from places to sell, heh.

If pennies were pure copper, they'd be worth more than their weight in pennies =p

... which they're not. Modern penny's mostly zinc. Older pennies, now, that are mostly copper...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122944 on: March 02, 2014, 10:30:06 pm »

my father does pipe work and refrigeration repairs so lots of copper scraps comes of our way. maybe 8 jobs and we got about a 180 bucks sitting in the garage.

Birthday has been fun, someone gifted me Strike Vector and watching myself fail completely at this game :P

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #122945 on: March 02, 2014, 10:34:43 pm »

He means in weight.
If I had that I could probably retire. Since instead I start my new route on Tuesday, nope :v
Have fun with a ton of copper. Outside it's material properties, it's not really all that valuable (and I think the Feds would complain about smelting/repurposing their money).
... it's about 3 USD/pound.

For comparison, iron is $0.013 per pound.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #122946 on: March 02, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

Went to the gun range from some guys in the hall. Free, because ResLife gives us money for that kind of thing. For my first time shooting, I thought I did pretty good.

And wow, the difference between .22 and 9mm is huge. I sorta wish I had a chance to fire the .44, but time was up and I didn't want to drop a dollar a round out of pocket.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122947 on: March 02, 2014, 10:43:26 pm »

Went to the gun range from some guys in the hall. Free, because ResLife gives us money for that kind of thing. For my first time shooting, I thought I did pretty good.

And wow, the difference between .22 and 9mm is huge. I sorta wish I had a chance to fire the .44, but time was up and I didn't want to drop a dollar a round out of pocket.
9mm is very weak compared to say a .44, that shit will knock on your hands.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #122948 on: March 02, 2014, 10:44:05 pm »

He means in weight.
... it's about 3 USD/pound.
For comparison, iron is $0.013 per pound.
This is why you always hear stories about people killing themselves trying to steal live wiring. Though I've heard a slightly less dark one from a friend in the construction business related to him from a customer about a pair of thieves who decided to steal some copper piping...which was still under pressure. They ended up flooding out a basement and didn't get away with anything.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122949 on: March 02, 2014, 10:50:18 pm »

This is why you always hear stories about people killing themselves trying to steal live wiring. Though I've heard a slightly less dark one from a friend in the construction business related to him from a customer about a pair of thieves who decided to steal some copper piping...which was still under pressure. They ended up flooding out a basement and didn't get away with anything.

Well, they would've if it wasn't for those meddlesome kids.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #122950 on: March 02, 2014, 11:01:42 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm perfectly aware. Before firing the 9mm, literally the only firearms I had ever fired were the .22 revolver and a .22 semiauto earlier that night.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #122951 on: March 02, 2014, 11:07:44 pm »

Oh yeah, I'm perfectly aware. Before firing the 9mm, literally the only firearms I had ever fired were the .22 revolver and a .22 semiauto earlier that night.
Shooting firearms is pretty neat and fun. Louder than I expected. I'm surprised that with my vision as it is, I can hit my target. Then again, more shots that hit were more instinct than eyes (in a way, I had to trust in myself that I would hit). Personally, I kinda like firing revolvers. They have a familiar feel to them.

Last time I went to a firing range, which was also my first time, was when my cousins came to visit a good year or two ago.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122952 on: March 02, 2014, 11:18:39 pm »

Shooting firearms is pretty neat and fun. Louder than I expected. I'm surprised that with my vision as it is, I can hit my target. Then again, more shots that hit were more instinct than eyes (in a way, I had to trust in myself that I would hit). Personally, I kinda like firing revolvers. They have a familiar feel to them.

Last time I went to a firing range, which was also my first time, was when my cousins came to visit a good year or two ago.

This. It seems like hitting the target is letting your body do the work, not aiming with your mind. I also have very poor vision (I'm nearsighted. As in, everything past 6 inches from my face is blurry and out of focus.) and I can accurately and consistently shoot target skeet as long as I don't really think about what I'm doing, and instead act on the instincts that present themselves.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122953 on: March 02, 2014, 11:19:14 pm »

Had a good time firing a revolver at a range a few years back. Also got to shoot a semiautomatic, but the revolver was more fun.

Nearly got a chance to shoot a shotgun, but the relative who owned it didn't bring many shells and they were used up by the time it was my turn.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #122954 on: March 02, 2014, 11:20:54 pm »

It's funny you all would mention that, because I had a dream last night in which I saw a trailer for Eversion 2. Quit agitating me when I'm in the Dreamlands, Xantalos. Just because your mind-blasting incomprehensibility is blunted by the divide between realms enough to not kill me instantly doesn't mean I want to look at your thoughts.
Oops, wrong target.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 8195 8196 [8197] 8198 8199 ... 13325