Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8174 8175 [8176] 8177 8178 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773718 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: [ᴕᴥᴕ] Happy thread, destroyer of browsers. (happy thread)
« Reply #122625 on: February 25, 2014, 10:09:47 am »

I believe, after around 6 months of varied levels of stress, I will be getting my visa tomorrow.

I can now think about actually seeing my wife without the great deal of uncertainty about the American government saying "NO! This is a local shop for local people, we don't want any trouble here!"

Yay!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #122626 on: February 25, 2014, 10:18:25 am »

Today I found out that "too_many_cats" is an actual tag on Danbooru.

Also the weather is very nice, which is good because I had to walk for an hour to get home today.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122627 on: February 25, 2014, 10:21:10 am »

She was having trouble with some homework because apparently her teacher never taught her why "y = f(x)" translates to squiggly line
Yes. Right. I understand this completely.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #122628 on: February 25, 2014, 10:22:39 am »

I have learned that a replacement coat will cost me $80. It's steep, but even I have to admit that, occasionally, style is worth it. And what is style if not an insulated lab coat for cold weather?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122629 on: February 25, 2014, 10:29:30 am »

I hear diet can also be a factor, if you are interested... I'm not a doctor, so take this with a truckload of salt, but you might want to look into eating less red meat and more soy.
Soybeans do carry a lot if estrogens in them. Other sources are nuts and oilseeds (like flax and sesame), yams, white meat, and...beer.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #122630 on: February 25, 2014, 10:40:09 am »

A bit late, but I support the proboob sentiment :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #122631 on: February 25, 2014, 10:40:50 am »

Thank you Smooth McGroove for existing. Thank you.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122632 on: February 25, 2014, 10:54:11 am »

She was having trouble with some homework because apparently her teacher never taught her why "y = f(x)" translates to squiggly line
Yes. Right. I understand this completely.
It's just because f is short-hand for the mathematical formula under discussion. y=f(x) on it's own, as far as I can tell, means nothing. You can't form a graph out of it, because you don't have a function to use with it. At most, you can have "y = x" and just have a straight diagonal line that passes through origin.

In this case, it's because the function turns the graph into a squiggly line, not because f in and of itself is a squiggly-maker.

f(x)-3 would be "Use this formula, and then bump each y point down by 3"

f(x-2) would be "Use this formula, and then bump each x point right by 2"

And so forth. It's just short-hand!

As far as I can tell, unless in the Deep Maths f turns into some OTHER meaning in the same context, in which case: Fuck Maths So Hard.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #122633 on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:56 am »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122634 on: February 25, 2014, 11:40:00 am »

I hear diet can also be a factor, if you are interested... I'm not a doctor, so take this with a truckload of salt, but you might want to look into eating less red meat and more soy.
Soybeans do carry a lot if estrogens in them. Other sources are nuts and oilseeds (like flax and sesame), yams, white meat, and...beer.
I doubt beer alone has a significant effect. I practically live on that stuff and my chest is as flat as...a very flat chest. Might impact your untelligence though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #122635 on: February 25, 2014, 11:42:11 am »

Now that I read that beer has a surprising amount of estrogen I wonder if that had anything to do with just how MUCH I filled out.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122636 on: February 25, 2014, 11:50:54 am »

I doubt beer alone has a significant effect. I practically live on that stuff and my chest is as flat as...a very flat chest. Might impact your untelligence though.
'Untelligence'
Might also lead to poor jokes.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122637 on: February 25, 2014, 12:05:55 pm »

As far as I can tell, unless in the Deep Maths f turns into some OTHER meaning in the same context, in which case: Fuck Maths So Hard.
Oh Descan, your innocence is adorable. Actually the meaning of the term "function" always stays the same, but your concept of functions is wildly off the mark.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122638 on: February 25, 2014, 12:08:25 pm »

Yeah, functions are actually independent objects - otherwise we'd hardly be able to use them as vectors, for example.

My happy: This. I'm tempted to try this out at my dorm...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 12:10:26 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122639 on: February 25, 2014, 12:10:53 pm »

Oh Descan, your innocence is adorable.
Everything about Descan is adorable.
Pages: 1 ... 8174 8175 [8176] 8177 8178 ... 13325