Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 [7981] 7982 7983 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773554 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119700 on: January 17, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

What constitutes a years worth of chocolate though? One bar every day? More? Less?

Because I'm pretty sure my family would be able to burn trough that years worth of chocolate in less then a year XD

Also, kinda happy, there's a company which sells P-51D replicas, you have to assemble them yourself and get the instrumentation too, but they're priced around 60-70k depending on what engine you get. This is perfectly achievable with some saving up or maybe a small loan, which means that in ten to fifteen years (and I hope they're still in buisness by then) I'll be able to get my own freaking sexy piece of aviation history ass, and able to fly it too!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119701 on: January 17, 2014, 03:44:09 pm »

What constitutes a years worth of chocolate though? One bar every day? More? Less?

Because I'm pretty sure my family would be able to burn trough that years worth of chocolate in less then a year XD

Also, kinda happy, there's a company which sells P-51D replicas, you have to assemble them yourself and get the instrumentation too, but they're priced around 60-70k depending on what engine you get. This is perfectly achievable with some saving up or maybe a small loan, which means that in ten to fifteen years (and I hope they're still in buisness by then) I'll be able to get my own freaking sexy piece of aviation history ass, and able to fly it too!
I suspect it's won by a single person, otherwise I could win and say I want a years' supply of chocolate for my hometown. Based on that I figure a bar a day. So they probably just ship you a crate of 512 bars or something and call it good. I know I'd have trouble eating a bar a day because I'm not terribly into chocolate.

Or they might have a system where they mail you a bar and a receipt code in an SASE, and you mail back the receipt code to request another bar. That limits how many exchanges are possible, prevents you from just requesting a thousand bars at once by stuffing a lot of envelopes, but they pay all the postage etc. It would be easier to simply give you a crate of chocolate.

On further research online, it looks like the grand prize is a specific collection of chocolate worth $939 retail. So my crate hypothesis was pretty much right.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119702 on: January 17, 2014, 04:20:14 pm »

Ask any maintenance worker what they do and they'll probably say "main-nance" with a little throaty "un" in the middle. Few will pronounce the TE. Is it so hard? Especially when it's in their job title?
You mean that dialect that like 50+% of Americans have? Look, not all of us can use "proper" English, alright? Next you're going to be getting on people for pronouncing 'pillow' pellow, or both with an L.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #119703 on: January 17, 2014, 04:23:44 pm »

People pronounce 'pillow' 'pellow'?
Not people. Just maintenance workers.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #119704 on: January 17, 2014, 04:29:48 pm »

I saw a display in the store for chocolate the other day, it was advertising a year's supply of free chocolate as a prize for their Hunger Games theme contest. It was brilliant.
Upon further thinking, I realize it's probably just a boring sweepstakes thing, but at first I read that as they were hosting some sort of real-life mock Hunger Games. As in, they'd have some non-lethal means of telling when a player was out, like paint or something, and you just run around the woods trying to fake-kill people for chocolate. Even if you didn't win per say, getting a chance just to participate in such a thing would be a win in my book.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119705 on: January 17, 2014, 04:40:33 pm »

I saw a display in the store for chocolate the other day, it was advertising a year's supply of free chocolate as a prize for their Hunger Games theme contest. It was brilliant.
Upon further thinking, I realize it's probably just a boring sweepstakes thing, but at first I read that as they were hosting some sort of real-life mock Hunger Games. As in, they'd have some non-lethal means of telling when a player was out, like paint or something, and you just run around the woods trying to fake-kill people for chocolate. Even if you didn't win per say, getting a chance just to participate in such a thing would be a win in my book.
You get the paintball guns, I'll get the chocolate. Meet in the wooded lot behind the Dollar Store in 10 minutes.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #119706 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:05 pm »

[Clears Throat]

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #119707 on: January 17, 2014, 04:41:53 pm »

I actually audibly laughed. That was wonderful.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #119708 on: January 17, 2014, 05:15:22 pm »

I apparently won a giveaway! I may recieve Just Cause 2 because of this!
And I didn't even know about it!
Thanks to whoever nominated me for it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #119709 on: January 17, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »

I actually audibly laughed. That was wonderful.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #119712 on: January 17, 2014, 06:51:03 pm »

Well, presuming that I can get my paperwork done before it fills up, I'm decided on doing a study abroad program this spring in Taiwan and Korea. Should be interesting to venture into the vast unliberated wilderness of Not-America.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119713 on: January 17, 2014, 06:53:30 pm »

It is a little green.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 [7981] 7982 7983 ... 13325