Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7963 7964 [7965] 7966 7967 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783459 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119460 on: January 13, 2014, 02:41:29 am »

This website is so cool.

I don't think I'll ever have trouble studying French again. I am so happy I stumbled upon this.
Gamified learning. Yiss.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119462 on: January 13, 2014, 03:55:05 am »

There are so many memories that can be summoned by music.
The theme of Rockman reminds me of wandering a coastal city looking for a confectionery in which I had custom ordered a cake that I'd have for easter. It was actually a giant sweetroll with cherries. I had no regrets.

The theme of Battle Network however reminds me of a market in the southern parts of the country, in which it seemed you could find positively everything. I believe I found a Famicom there, in a small electronics shack ran by a guy in his thirties featuring a beard the size of his neck, but failed to realize the significance of this at the time. He had a disco ball hanging from the ceiling. I wonder where he is now.

Meanwhile, goreshit reminds me of being on a train. Tranquil experience for some reason. =w=
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:57:19 am by LordSlowpoke »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119463 on: January 13, 2014, 03:57:03 am »

Really, that is the sort of emotions the Rockmen theme invokes for you?  :P And Goreshit reminds you of a train?!?!?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119464 on: January 13, 2014, 04:00:42 am »

Can't help it, m8lad. I know fairly well what to do to invoke the memories of wearing silver spoons on my eyes while eating curry, but rarely indulge in that. For some reason the more mundane things are better on me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:39:34 am by LordSlowpoke »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119465 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:21 am »

Ok, its your head your living in.
But seriously, I'm surprised we were actually thinking of the same rockmen.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #119466 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:15 am »

So. Ethics. Having a teacher with lots of years behind his back (~50 years old...) providing stories in relating what we're learning to reality?

Best subject ever. Spending the whole discussion listening to his stories, and personally reflecting on it? +Humor?

Best. Subject. Ever.

I loved how he bridges the eastern/western thoughtline and does it in such an open way, its funny.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119467 on: January 13, 2014, 04:14:51 am »

Ethics is a pretty awesome subject! Picked it up on a whim mostly, but it turned out to be the most educating thing to happen to me during my entire time there. It's got pretty bad rep though as it's marketed as an alternative to RE, and not wanting to hear stuff that contradicts itself every other year as a different priest comes up makes you one of these filthy atheistes. Not sure if it's any different yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #119468 on: January 13, 2014, 04:26:38 am »

Who are you and what did you do to Slowpoke?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119469 on: January 13, 2014, 04:49:56 am »

"Ethics"? That's that thing in DF's RAWs, right?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119470 on: January 13, 2014, 05:40:39 am »

"Ethics"? That's that thing in DF's RAWs, right?

Nononono, Ethics is a country in Africa.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119471 on: January 13, 2014, 05:45:10 am »

Oh, you guys~

Ethics describe how humans act! You know, the weaklings that we manipulate? It's really easy to understand, but the gist of it is that you can condition everyone to do anything you possibly want with the vanilla stock being pretty bad for minion purposes. Even then, you can make them fall in love with you, which circumvents a lot of that stuff since they do a lot of irrational things for people they percieve as mates. You should try such classes sometime.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119472 on: January 13, 2014, 05:48:57 am »

Oh, you guys~

Ethics describe how humans act! You know, the weaklings that we manipulate? It's really easy to understand, but the gist of it is that you can condition everyone to do anything you possibly want with the vanilla stock being pretty bad for minion purposes. Even then, you can make them fall in love with you, which circumvents a lot of that stuff since they do a lot of irrational things for people they percieve as mates. You should try such classes sometime.

What, in Africa? That's way too far for me to go take classes there!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119473 on: January 13, 2014, 06:00:23 am »

Oh, you guys~

What, in Africa? That's way too far for me to go take classes there!
I think there's some region in South America like that too - "Morales" or something.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119474 on: January 13, 2014, 06:31:24 am »

I thought Ethics was a place in England?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 7963 7964 [7965] 7966 7967 ... 13325