Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7959 7960 [7961] 7962 7963 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787430 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119400 on: January 11, 2014, 10:34:36 pm »

I've found a delicious yet disturbing way to spend my leftover meals at the end of the week: the purchase of one-gallon jugs of Raising Cane's iced tea. I luckily mix it half-and-half with unsweet, but even so, I fear I may be tempting beetus.

That's actually not caused by excess sugar consumption.
By what else, then?
Genetics, age, being severely obese, and pregnancy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119401 on: January 11, 2014, 11:05:22 pm »

In other words, being overweight is the one thing within reasonable control that causes diabetes. What foods you eat don't matter except for how much weight they put on you*.

*once you have diabetes though, you don't want to have much sugar, since your body can't produce enough insulin for the entire volume of your body, and thus can't properly use it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119402 on: January 11, 2014, 11:11:48 pm »

Okay, today, from 9am to 1:30pm, I somehow did 11 hours of community service work. >.> Not quite as good as the 50 hours done in 30 minutes awhile back, but still. Evidence continues to pile up that suggests I am a Time Lord.

Also, people at work have started calling me the Surgeon because of the way I trim lettuce ends, and also the fact that I cut myself a LOT. This pleases me, because The Surgeon is an AWESOME nickname.

Also, I graduate from Drug Court in 43 hours. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~~~ :3
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119403 on: January 11, 2014, 11:13:28 pm »

You can do it, Hans! Row row fight the powa and all that!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119404 on: January 11, 2014, 11:14:14 pm »

I think that literally everyone I know is tired of hearing it, but fuck 'em. I've waited two years for this, I can be as excited as I damn well please. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119405 on: January 11, 2014, 11:21:36 pm »

:D

I'm normally a rather quiet, reserved person IRL, and this is one of the first times in my life that I felt like physically roaring in excitement. :P Usually I'm like, "I am excited right now. *Smile*" But I'm like, "FUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!"
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119406 on: January 11, 2014, 11:33:50 pm »

* kaijyuu squees along with Hans
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #119407 on: January 11, 2014, 11:45:03 pm »

@previous bit regarding 'beetus

... I'm pretty sure that diet has something to do with it beyond being overweight.  Causing frequent massive spikes in blood sugar followed by massive spikes in insulin leads to insulin resistance, right?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119408 on: January 12, 2014, 12:04:20 am »

I'm not a doctor so I can't say for sure. Never heard of that before, though.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119409 on: January 12, 2014, 12:34:33 am »

Unrelated to the previous happy, I absolutely love this song.
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119410 on: January 12, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

Unrelated to the previous happy, I absolutely love this song.

Yay, Sum 41!  8)

Somewhat related, went to a free gig last night and discovered some great new local bands.
These guys have the craziest drummer I've seen in a long time, and the headliners were damn good as well.
I need to do this more often.

Edit: Although my liver probably disagrees, hehe...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119411 on: January 12, 2014, 02:29:32 am »

* LordSlowpoke sifts through a 30kb load of .txt that is known as a game design document

yeah, it's shaping up nicely.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #119412 on: January 12, 2014, 03:38:22 am »

I've never followed a link to see someone's sig. It's basically a second OOC quotes thread then rather than a sig.
Nobody ever follows a "sigtext thread" link. It's pretty much the anti-thesis of actual sigging - putting a quote there makes sure nobody will ever actually read it instead of letting people see it in your every post.
But they'll still reply to someone who said something cool with "Sigged!", as if it means something.
Eh, I don't like throwing away good sigs.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119413 on: January 12, 2014, 05:21:36 am »

I've been playing a lot of Assassin's Creed Black Flag lately and I've come to two conclusions:
1. It's good. Almost Brotherhood-level good.
2. It has some hilarious and/or awesome bugs.

So far I've accidentally had a sword fight on a moving ship (causing the camera to freak out), stepped into level geometry to perform combo animations (which causes Kenway to try and right himself to the nearest surface), batman-double-countered soldiers using psychic powers, been attacked by orbital drop-ships, and re-enacted that bit from Pirates of the Caribbean where the Flying Dutchman rises out of the sea.

I just wish you could damage landlubbers with your ship's armament and call pirates to assist you on land away missions, then it would be perfect.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #119414 on: January 12, 2014, 06:46:46 am »

@previous bit regarding 'beetus

... I'm pretty sure that diet has something to do with it beyond being overweight.  Causing frequent massive spikes in blood sugar followed by massive spikes in insulin leads to insulin resistance, right?

It's not estabilished, at best a hypothesis, and since if you cause frequent massive spike in blood sugar you are probably going to be overweight anyway, which does correlate with diabetes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 7959 7960 [7961] 7962 7963 ... 13325