Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7935 7936 [7937] 7938 7939 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760712 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY ARE WE YELLING? (Happy thread...?)
« Reply #119040 on: January 05, 2014, 06:18:01 pm »

The high tuesday is projected to be 37F. You lot didn't see it, but I physically danced a bit when I found out.

Back in the sixties two days later, but... whatever. I'll take what I can get. Actually looking like this whole month'll be fairly decent. Only up in the seventies a few times.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119041 on: January 05, 2014, 06:23:30 pm »

* LordSlowpoke is installing yet another virtual machine.

I will play my incomplete capitalism simulators in their native mediums, logic and reason be damned. Ho!

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119042 on: January 05, 2014, 06:27:21 pm »

I love the second link's picture (Jungle Waterfall). I knew it had to be these. They're pretty awesome. Kinda wish I could use them as my background.
If you right click on the picture, you can save a snapshot of the animation (at least, in Firefox).
Even better if it could animate while being a background image.
If you google "mark ferrari gif", you'll find some of those pictures in animated GIF format. They're of really small resolution, though (less than original 640x480)
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #119043 on: January 05, 2014, 09:22:08 pm »

Finally got rid of my 5-year-old laptop and now using a computer with some decent parts. Now to work through my backlog on Steam!

Also used it to finish BioShock and it was great. I just got every tonic that boosted my wrench and one-shot everything. It was rather easy, though, despite how little I used guns. The wrench just does so much damage and doesn't need ammo! Great story too, though the ending cinematic was rather strange.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119044 on: January 05, 2014, 09:29:36 pm »

I loved everything about Bioshock. Whoever made it, I can't really remember, did a REALLY good job on everything.

Anywho, a happy for me.
Talking to a girl I like on Facebook:
She uses proper human English, properly capitalizes and spells everything, doesn't use any stupid text language.
She was already beautiful, but damn, now she's smoking hot.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #119045 on: January 05, 2014, 09:32:18 pm »

You lucky bastard. Hold onto her.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #119046 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:40 pm »

You lucky bastard. Hold onto her.
I agree. They are a rare breed to find these days.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #119047 on: January 05, 2014, 10:25:51 pm »

Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time made an appearance in a Harry Potter movie. http://imgur.com/gallery/Nh6mQ

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #119048 on: January 05, 2014, 10:41:36 pm »

... y'know, I think I'm going to arbitrarily headcanon that guy as Flamel. The comments make some good points.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #119049 on: January 05, 2014, 11:52:58 pm »

Stephen Hawking's A Brief History of Time made an appearance in a Harry Potter movie. http://imgur.com/gallery/Nh6mQ
That is actually awesome. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks there should be scientific wizards, or magical scientists. I mean, closest thing to that I saw was in Fullmetal Alchemist, when someone was making a shockwave via alchemy, and Ed explained it as her condensing the air in front of her into a liquid or solid by rapidly cooling it, and then subliming/flash-steaming it immediately afterward, therefore creating a pressure wave equivalent to a grenade (paraphrased, of course; from the first anime, not Brotherhood).

Adopting some of those perspectives made me come up with some nasty ideas, ranging from stacking lightning runes, and wearing bracelets on an arm to serve as ammo for a magical railgiun (bracelets spinning/rotating for added aerodynamics), to using fire and earth magic to always have on me some grenades. Nothing like making glass frag grenades. Ice grenades are just as bad, if not worse, since if impaled, the ice will eventually melt, bleeding out the target.

EDIT:
Using FMA-alchemy or any sort of material manipulation magic, and advanced enough engineering talent, and a good enough memory of damn near everything, and you can build, and keep, a vehicle of your own making. Of course, the more modern the technology, the harder to build and maintain (or even complete one in functional order if you don't know how they're composed (try summoning a computer which is functional and can run anything (or pre-programmed with the contents you need)) by those means. ...Yeah, I'll stick with making primitive tools, though that still requires knowledge of said materials (plants, rocks, metals, etc. at an atomic level).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:03:22 am by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #119050 on: January 06, 2014, 12:02:53 am »

This story might be relevant to your interests, then. Although it's a rather different genre, perhaps, but its central plot enabler is magic-as-science.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119051 on: January 06, 2014, 12:22:03 am »

Pikmin 3 is very, very fun. The fact that you can't use the right stick to move your Pikmin is annoying and stupid, though.

Also, I keep accidentally dismissing my Pikmin when I try to whistle.

All in all, I'd say it's good, but not as good as Pikmin 2.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #119052 on: January 06, 2014, 12:43:55 am »

What's better than playing Brutal Doom on custom levels? Using a free level generator to make completely random and completely complete levels complete with secrets, item placement, and tons of demons. I am impressed with the implied replay value I could get out of this nifty program.

It's like playing the game for the first time every time you load a new wad. I am enjoying myself thoroughly. Also dying a bunch. But also ripping and tearing a bunch. It balances out.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #119053 on: January 06, 2014, 12:46:43 am »

Huh... Does that make interesting levels yet? Or not quite? I remember it back when it was slige.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #119054 on: January 06, 2014, 01:01:04 am »

OH GOD DMING IS SO COMPLICATED WHAT HATH I WROUGHT. :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 7935 7936 [7937] 7938 7939 ... 13325