Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7840 7841 [7842] 7843 7844 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15762850 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU BUILT A BURRITO FACTORY? (Happy thread)
« Reply #117615 on: December 08, 2013, 12:29:52 am »

I had an argument with one on a song video. Every time I pointed out a flaw in his argument, he'd say that it didn't apply because the NWO knew we wouldn't believe him. For example, he said the NWO kills everyone who mentions it. I pointed out he was alive, and he said it was because nobody believed him.

You should have told him that you believed him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117616 on: December 08, 2013, 12:33:39 am »

Ewww, Taco Bell. If you're gonna have mexican food, go to either a local family-owned restaurant or some place like Chipotle, where you can at least get the good stuff. None of this processed meat product that Taco Bell uses.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117617 on: December 08, 2013, 12:38:32 am »

I had an argument with one on a song video. Every time I pointed out a flaw in his argument, he'd say that it didn't apply because the NWO knew we wouldn't believe him. For example, he said the NWO kills everyone who mentions it. I pointed out he was alive, and he said it was because nobody believed him.

I chuckled quietly to myself.

Ewww, Taco Bell. If you're gonna have mexican food, go to either a local family-owned restaurant or some place like Chipotle, where you can at least get the good stuff. None of this processed meat product that Taco Bell uses.
What Taco Bell uses hardly qualifies as meat. That "taco filling" is less than 40% beef.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117618 on: December 08, 2013, 12:39:50 am »

I dare not ask what the other 60% are, but do so anyway.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117619 on: December 08, 2013, 12:42:32 am »

What Taco Bell uses hardly qualifies as meat. That "taco filling" is less than 40% beef.
Which is why I called it "processed meat product", the same way fake cheese (like the stuff in a can) is called "processed cheese product".
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #117620 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:30 am »

Pretty standard protocol for any super-secret organization, cult, and etc. to take refuge in audacity, seeing as the more ridiculous the claims (which would be fact if the theorist was telling the truth), the less likely anyone would believe them; despite reality being pretty unrealistic these days. Best course of action: Don't do a damn thing.

Better to be assumed an idiot, than to speak up and relieve all doubt; or in conspiracy case, Better to be assumed as an evil bastard pulling the strings, than to retaliate and relieve all doubt (in the rare case that they botch a coverup; plus, psychological terrorism is far more effective than outright killing someone).

EDIT:
All that in mind, now that I come and think about it, that makes just as much of a counter-attack from the CTs perspective as well. CTs stop talking, silence themselves, and pretend to obey (or legitimately do so; and no secret messaging/ciphers and etc.), then the source of said theories can/will eventually make a mistake, and the CTs don't need to speak to reveal the truth. The conspirators' own paranoia of their people, and those who speak up suddenly gone silent and obedient will make them screw up somewhere down the line (Evil Villainy 101; never trust as good thing that comes your way, not even a pretty face. In essence, 50-50 is the safety zone.).

On that note, NSA, what's your opinion on my thoughts? Oh, and my cats enjoy playing with the lasers, so they're my security and head's up for your response.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:15:38 am by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #117621 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:05 am »

I keep having the same breakthrough in design. I'm not sure to be sad that I keep making the same mistake*, or happy that each time I recognize it I move a little bit closer to being past it. Maybe this time I've actually done it, since I'm 4/5 of the way through the reorganization and I did that much, much faster this time. I think I'm starting to actually internalize the solution now.

*I keep trying to organize non-magical superpowers by a generic "Well what do they do", when what I ought to be doing is establishing a default philosophy and worldview. Less "I am a swordsman" and more "I am a knight-errant, protector of the weak", if you see the difference.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117622 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:30 am »

Hey, it's win-win. Either the CT stops replying to you because they're busy driving to their survival bunker, or they stop replying to you because they don't want to appear to be contradicting themselves.

Ahaha, who are we kidding, they'd just rationalize it as another part of the vast conspiracy out to get them specifically.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117623 on: December 08, 2013, 01:23:38 am »

I dare not ask what the other 60% are, but do so anyway.

Pretty much just water, various seasonings, and the flesh of the dead other miscellaneous fillings.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:47:14 am by BlackFlyme »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #117624 on: December 08, 2013, 01:34:09 am »

Hey, it's win-win. Either the CT stops replying to you because they're busy driving to their survival bunker, or they stop replying to you because they don't want to appear to be contradicting themselves.

Ahaha, who are we kidding, they'd just rationalize it as another part of the vast conspiracy out to get them specifically.
Why not respond by manufacturing some "CTs" to preserve the RiA by preserving the illusion of the same amount of CTs as to not make the public take notice of the void in actual CTs? 50-50, man. Being half-secure is better than fully and insecure; more flexible, yet still catches.

Aw crap. That sounds ridiculous enough to work.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 01:46:34 am by Itnetlolor »

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117626 on: December 08, 2013, 07:56:21 am »

Old Man Henderson
Next comicon I'm going as this guy. If it isn't too far out of date by then.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117627 on: December 08, 2013, 09:00:20 am »

Old Man Henderson is NEVER out of date. :u

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #117628 on: December 08, 2013, 09:15:27 am »

Old Man Henderson is a DM's worst nightmare. I can speak from similar experience...

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117629 on: December 08, 2013, 10:11:10 am »

Near as I can tell, Old Man Henderson was a character who basically wrecked the game's shit. Is that about right?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!
Pages: 1 ... 7840 7841 [7842] 7843 7844 ... 13325