Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7811 7812 [7813] 7814 7815 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15779320 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tinnitus is a happy thing because it's like this reliable friend that comes with you anywhere you go.

* LordSlowpoke claps.

I could not possibly put it in a more valid yet mediocrely saddening manner.

Also, I seem to be adapting clapping as a both sarcastic and legitimate measure of approval, just like in one of my Japanese animes stereotypes about Americans. So I've got that going for me.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

1) Tinnitus: No idea if i have it. I do get a soft background buzz but I always assumed that was standby elctronic or pipes or rustling leaves etc...... makes no difference to me :P

2) The new member of my D&D group almost killed himself by attempting an assassin's creed from a pillar. Onto a skeleton. which unsurprisingly isn't the softest of landings. And i didn't even have to do anything to damage him. Tjis makes DMing hilarious.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Man, I need to find a DnD group. Or start one, but I don't think I could DM.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Man, I need to find a DnD group. Or start one, but I don't think I could DM.

Well, theres the joint DM thing running on this forum. I think GreatWyrmGold still needs players.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Hrmmmmmmmmm. I will look for that, thanks!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile

Here it is for you.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

2) The new member of my D&D group almost killed himself by attempting an assassin's creed from a pillar. Onto a skeleton. which unsurprisingly isn't the softest of landings. And i didn't even have to do anything to damage him. Tjis makes DMing hilarious.

A wild Jack Chick appears!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile

The satanic influence of DnD caused attempted suicide! This is what it's doing to your kids!!!!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The satanic influence of DnD caused attempted suicide! This is what it's doing to your kids!!!!
Before long, they'll be learning real magic and hypnotizing their parents.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

1) Tinnitus: No idea if i have it. I do get a soft background buzz but I always assumed that was standby elctronic or pipes or rustling leaves etc...... makes no difference to me :P
Personally, I've just taken to calling it the music of the celestial spheres. Actually fits some of what was said about it fairly well, from what I've seen. Near as I've been able to tell, everyone can hear it, s'just most folks either don't pay enough attention to notice or don't really grok what they're hearing. Factually, I'd gather it's some quirk or another of physiology. Nonexistent gods know there's probably research on the subject out there I haven't bothered looking for, heh.

But yeah, it can be kinda' neat once you just shrug and embrace it as an interesting noise that never actually goes away.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Wiki got yo' back. Musica bit in the see also gives a bit more information, too.

It was actually one of the more influential astronomy theories, years ago. Completely debunked nowadays, but yeah.
Ask not!
Ask!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile

Wiki got yo' back. Musica bit in the see also gives a bit more information, too.

It was actually one of the more influential astronomy theories, years ago. Completely debunked nowadays, but yeah.

Ah, but there's a reason the Ptolemaic model of the cosmos hung on as long as it did: it predicts astronomical events very accurately, and it uses all circles (orbits and epicycles), which were relatively easy to calculate. One of the biggest problems with Copernicus's theory, which assumed circular orbits for the planets, was that it was much, much less accurate than Ptolemy's. It wasn't until Kepler figured out that the planets' orbits had to be ellipses, not circles, that its accuracy problems were fixed.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Oh, aye, they honestly did a lot of really impressive stuff with it, for a system that was fundamentally flawed. Didn't make it any less wrong but it gave a helluva' showing over the centuries. Non-minor props are given and deserved by th'folks that built and fleshed out that whole mess.

Plus, from what I recall, they had really pretty like, map thingajiggers.
Ask not!
Ask!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A moment for something serious:

I keep getting PMs from people checking on me to be sure I'm okay, and trying to find things for me to distract myself with, and so on... fortunately I'm doing all right for now, and I'm busy enough with some preparations that I haven't had time to reply!  ... But I'm actually crying with relief.  Thank you, everyone, for taking care of me.  Thank you so much.  I could write forever and never come to the edge of my gratitude.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Plus, from what I recall, they had really pretty like, map thingajiggers.
And in the end, isn't that the real truth?

I am glad that you are doing well, Vector! 's good that you are still going. Maximum toughness score, or something. I can't really think of anything to add, especially since I didn't send any PMs >______>
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7811 7812 [7813] 7814 7815 ... 13325