Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7795 7796 [7797] 7798 7799 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788958 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Minecraft:

The most popular modpack I've found so far is called 'Feed the Beast'.

It's pretty intense. May want to check it out.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Why is Long Live the Queen so much fun, I'm supposed to be sleeping right now dammit.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is Long Live the Queen so much fun, I'm supposed to be sleeping right now dammit.

It truly is a shame there are not many more monarchies left in this world. Imagine Bay12 starting a legitimate princess raising business! Survival rates would be at in single digits, and think of the output quality!

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Managed to deorbit a pod in KSP to land within sight of the space centre.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quality aerospacing~

So here I am on a bus trip, and I just recalled that in the name of dapperness my capitalization is used properly. Hans dear, if you are reading this I'm calling you out out of pure greed, for this shall bring my hat supply to a grandiose three.

Not permanent a change, however the goalposts are not to be moved in this instance.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile

In a wonderful twist of irony, it turns out that the big anti-gay group in Croatia have been using a song from XX (a gay band as it turns out) in their TV ads without having the rights to it, and they're getting sued by the band over it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uh, for those who are big musers on the 'Blue Eyes' logic puzzle... I have an extra little theory which I want to put forward here to be shot down before I try waving my banner at far more well educated people over at Xkcd. So could someone who already knows the answer tell me if I've got this fleshed out right?

Spoiler: Necessary Assumptions (click to show/hide)

I'm not a mathmetician, so I dunno if I've divided by zero or something in there.

-PLEASE SPOILER YOUR REPLIES-
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:18:53 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead

Only 43? I have 70 in my current install, and that's just the basic suite of mods I get set up with before I start searching for any more.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile

Uh, for those who are big musers on the 'Blue Eyes' logic puzzle... I have an extra little theory which I want to put forward here to be shot down before I try waving my banner at far more well educated people over at Xkcd. So could someone who already knows the answer tell me if I've got this fleshed out right?

I'm not a mathmetician, so I dunno if I've divided by zero or something in there.

I'm not sure I entirely follow your logic, but I think there's an issue in that each individual brown-eye doesn't know that if their eyes aren't blue, they must be brown; they could be any colour, and the only reason the blues get their inductive countdown thingo is because blue is specifically mentioned in the Oracle's statement.

Could be totally wrong, though.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler that please.

(EDIT: Moved extra reasoning upwards for better clarity)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:37:49 am by Tack »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Why would you spoiler that if it's literally what it says in the puzzle?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 08:30:56 am by Darvi »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile

I'm not sure I entirely follow your logic, but I think there's an issue in that each individual brown-eye doesn't know that if their eyes aren't blue, they must be brown; they could be any colour, and the only reason the blues get their inductive countdown thingo is because blue is specifically mentioned in the Oracle's statement.

Could be totally wrong, though.

It's wrong. If you go by the same chain of reasoning used by blues to realize what eye color they have, if there is only one person, with brown eyes, and the Oracle says 'I see someone with blue eyes', you have a contradiction. So, you cannot formulate Theorem 1, because if there is only one brown-eyed person, nobody leaves and the oracle is a liar.

And on the 100th day, after all the blues leave, you only know you are not-blue, and if you try to determine it by seeing 99 other people, all brown eyed (plus Oracle), you get the Induction Problem - you cannot logically prove you will be brown eyed even if 99 other people are.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Scrdest, you're failing taking into account that there's more people on the island, even if only one of them has brown eyes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darvi, the spoilered 'Stuff in the question' was just a catchup sentence.

Scrdest:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But in case I'm just overtired and thinking sideways, I'll sleep on it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

How would any of the brownies know they are brown and not green? The blues' actions are independent of the non-blue's colours after all.
Pages: 1 ... 7795 7796 [7797] 7798 7799 ... 13325