Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7772 7773 [7774] 7775 7776 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791243 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: [(ლಠ益ಠ)ლ] WHY DID WE GO BACK TO BURRITOTOWN?!?! (Happy thread)
« Reply #116595 on: November 23, 2013, 11:52:21 pm »

Our local white snowy owl played a song for me last night. It's light, deep tones were the only sound I could hear as I drifted between sleep and consciousness.

I wake up and see the owl perched on the pipe a bit to the left outside my bedroom window.

I stared at it.

It stared back.

I smiled and slowly crept away to tell my whole family.

:)
Owls are pretty awesome in general, even the really creepy looking ones.

The fact that almost everyone in my hometown is related and I've never lived in it for more than half a year until now causes some interesting situations...
Where do you live? West Virginia? Tennessee?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #116596 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:40 am »

The fact that almost everyone in my hometown is related and I've never lived in it for more than half a year until now causes some interesting situations...
How many people live in said hometown?

If there are 10 people in a town and they're related, that's no biggie. If it's got a population of 500, that's a cause for concern. And extra digits.

~1 million. It's not in 100% literal, but people here do have much more cousins than usual and if you know someone's name and last name, basically everyone can tell you who their cousins, parents, grandparents and friends are without missing a beat.
Okay, so you mean everyone in the city has lots of relatives who live in the city, not that the majority of the people all share a single ancestry?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116597 on: November 24, 2013, 02:28:29 am »

C++ programming again.

I forgot how much I like this language. Python be damned, this stuff is clean. Moving from using Lua for a long time to C++ is very nice, especially with Lua's various weird stuff (1-indexed tables? The only number type being "number"?)

Goddamn Lua's got me in a real bad habit of forgetting semicolons.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #116598 on: November 24, 2013, 02:56:22 am »

How many people live in said hometown?

If there are 10 people in a town and they're related, that's no biggie. If it's got a population of 500, that's a cause for concern. And extra digits.
And how related is related? I mean, distant cousins, a great-great-great-great grandfather in common, that's one thing, everyone is brothers and sisters is another.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116599 on: November 24, 2013, 02:57:17 am »

I've restored enough normalcy to call it a night. Good lord, I hate these Simplifications.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grey Goo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Metallic
« Reply #116600 on: November 24, 2013, 03:12:47 am »

Scorched Earth, my team of three against team of seven. I won, in one round. It was beautiful...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #116601 on: November 24, 2013, 04:12:56 am »

I wish they sold burritos here. I'd pay quite a lot for a Chipotle-like restaurant...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #116602 on: November 24, 2013, 04:44:20 am »

Expendables 2.

Aka Dakka: The Movie.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116603 on: November 24, 2013, 05:46:40 am »

Curse of Monkey Island discs get!

My dad's collection of old games never fails to amuse me.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #116604 on: November 24, 2013, 08:53:30 am »

Well fuck. Time to spend way too much time in Minecraft. Again. High Rosferry came out (a really, REALLY huge and detailed modern/modernist city map that's been worked on for two years or so IIRC, and is utterly gorgeous - one of the two guys working on it is a professional architect, so yeah).

http://youtu.be/HV2XcoCiISY
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116605 on: November 24, 2013, 09:36:20 am »

Well fuck. Time to spend way too much time in Minecraft. Again. High Rosferry came out (a really, REALLY huge and detailed modern/modernist city map that's been worked on for two years or so IIRC, and is utterly gorgeous - one of the two guys working on it is a professional architect, so yeah).

Part of me want to nuke that map with the Voltz modpack.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #116606 on: November 24, 2013, 09:42:59 am »

Awesome. This makes me wish you could walk into random people's homes and murderize them.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116607 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:30 am »

Awesome. This makes me wish you could walk into random people's homes and murderize them.
D: YOUR HAPPY PLACE IS SCARY.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:16:56 am by Niccolo »
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116608 on: November 24, 2013, 10:08:01 am »

what exactly is stopping you...?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #116609 on: November 24, 2013, 10:15:52 am »

Spawn a bunch of Villagers, leave them a while to populate the map, then your happy place becomes reality.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 7772 7773 [7774] 7775 7776 ... 13325