Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7765 7766 [7767] 7768 7769 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15794986 times)

Carnwennan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116490 on: November 22, 2013, 08:56:07 am »

Blasted through about 5 hours of straight Japanese study yesterday. Knocked out the 150 odd flashcards I had been stalling to do for foreverrr, as well as some book study as well. The book stuff was mainly grammar though -- Kanji are harrrd XD.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116491 on: November 22, 2013, 09:13:54 am »

I only know two kanji: "blood" and "fire".

Then again that's kinda to be expected.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116492 on: November 22, 2013, 09:24:05 am »

Niece's birthday party. She just turned 2 years old today and is really eloquent. :D

What still makes me smile everytime is..ehh, when she learned to fistbump. She did it for the past year on most times we're all together and everyone participated in. Even strangers when at public places...
'Tis a nice sight seeing a small child fistbump them, then both smile and laugh.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #116493 on: November 22, 2013, 09:33:35 am »

I have vaguely learned how to use paths in GIMP. Holy shit, everything is good forever. I can make smooth curves! Witchcraft!
But can you animate smooth curves?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116494 on: November 22, 2013, 11:17:03 am »

Blasted through about 5 hours of straight Japanese study yesterday. Knocked out the 150 odd flashcards I had been stalling to do for foreverrr, as well as some book study as well. The book stuff was mainly grammar though -- Kanji are harrrd XD.
I remember kanji being hard as shit, till I studied Chinese. Then it was like "Oh....the Japanese just borrowed the easy ones."  :P

Seriously, once you learn the first couple hundred (which millions of small children are capable of learning, if you need shame as a motivating factor) then it's all downhill from there.

Well no, actually it's uphill over broken glass. But you at least start to recognize repeated components and they don't all seem like random Jackson Pollock squiggles.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116495 on: November 22, 2013, 01:09:52 pm »

i'm exploring the website where i got my hellokitty email from and oh man is this place fucking abandoned

there's a blog about a guy/girl who's got a significant other in indonesia and the first (and only) post in it is about how they were able to talk since that other person found a neighbor with a power generator and it was so cute

and then there was the other blog with (INVITED ONLY) slapped all over it which wasn't even private and it looked like it's all stolen from some sort of business website no personal things ever

the three most recent videos on their video sharing thing is an advertisement for the skyline 1500 in japanese (i'd assume nissan but googling that throws "skyline 1500hp" at me so fuck this shit i'm not going to make myself a fool) a five second video of a fucking flower named "cool" i don't even know what flower it is it's too close-up besides i know jack shit about flowers and then there's "my animals", a 40 second video which screams windows movie maker but you know what i don't give a shit since all these images are stolen there're no ridiculous transitions and there's no music meaning there is nothing to be annoyed by but "freddie was borned" with a tiny turtle breaking out of its shell made me laugh even that i know it was not intended

oh god there's a "returning to equestria episode 1" thing that's a series of screenshots from an mmorpg my sides are having reentry effects while leaving atmosphere

this is the best site i want it to flourish

also no i'm not a spambot hence no links for you

also x2 i am pleasantly warm and cozy though i'm nowhere as intoxicated as the amounts i've consumed would lead me to believe i should be this is silly.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116496 on: November 22, 2013, 01:31:29 pm »

also no i'm not a spambot hence no links for you

Clicked the link anyways. First result:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why is this so amusing?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #116497 on: November 22, 2013, 01:53:06 pm »

I remember kanji being hard as shit, till I studied Chinese. Then it was like "Oh....the Japanese just borrowed the easy ones."  :P

Seriously, once you learn the first couple hundred (which millions of small children are capable of learning, if you need shame as a motivating factor) then it's all downhill from there.

Well no, actually it's uphill over broken glass. But you at least start to recognize repeated components and they don't all seem like random Jackson Pollock squiggles.
The thing with small children is... different. A language can be hard to learn and confusing *COUGHFRENCHCOUGH*, yet lots of little children can learn it quickly.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116498 on: November 22, 2013, 01:57:15 pm »

Looks like this is finally relevant! Yay!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116499 on: November 22, 2013, 02:21:40 pm »

I found the kanji hard as hell most of the time, but the language itself wasn't tooooo bad. I mean, it's still completely different to English and thus makes almost no sense to my English-geared brain, but it wasn't terrible.

I must say that the very existence of the katakana amuses me. It's almost as though they hate foreigners so much that they don't want to dirty their writing system by writing foreign words with it.

But I'm really hoping that that is NOT what they invented katakana for.
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116500 on: November 22, 2013, 02:29:50 pm »

The thing with small children is... different. A language can be hard to learn and confusing *COUGHFRENCHCOUGH*, yet lots of little children can learn it quickly.
I know. But it's still demoralizing to be like "OMG this is so hard it must take decades of study to learn this" and then some five-year-old comes along and scribbles out hanzi/kanji that make yours look like they were written by an epileptic infant with poor vision.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116501 on: November 22, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

I found the kanji hard as hell most of the time, but the language itself wasn't tooooo bad. I mean, it's still completely different to English and thus makes almost no sense to my English-geared brain, but it wasn't terrible.

I must say that the very existence of the katakana amuses me. It's almost as though they hate foreigners so much that they don't want to dirty their writing system by writing foreign words with it.

But I'm really hoping that that is NOT what they invented katakana for.
From what I know about Japan, that sounds probable :P

The kind of schizo-xenophobic culture that borrows brazillions of foreign words, but has to make sure they are set apart to keep them from contaminating the language.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116502 on: November 22, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »

It was invented as shorthand.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116503 on: November 22, 2013, 04:11:04 pm »

Wait, are we talking about Japanese or French? :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116504 on: November 22, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »

Those student-types they describe in the last bit can be found in most language classes I think.
Pages: 1 ... 7765 7766 [7767] 7768 7769 ... 13325