Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7760 7761 [7762] 7763 7764 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15791183 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116415 on: November 20, 2013, 10:00:20 pm »

I'm thankful for good friends that put up with me when I'm not at my best.

And tobacco. Glorious tobacco.
Caz is awesome. Blatantly awesome. :I

On other notes, I missed the newest video of thepianoguys by a week.

It's as beautiful as always.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116416 on: November 20, 2013, 10:05:35 pm »

I'm thankful for good friends that put up with me when I'm not at my best.

And tobacco. Glorious tobacco.
Caz is awesome. Blatantly awesome. :I

Well, shucks. :> You're quite alright yourself.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116417 on: November 21, 2013, 01:02:47 am »

Beat "Long Live the Queen" by leading a fleet into battle, then dueling the enemy king and cutting off his head with a magic sword. And then turning 15. FUCK YES that felt fulfilling. Because the ability to blow things up with magic while maintaining stunning poise is obviously the most important trait of a good princess. Now it's time to go back and 100% it, find all the stuff that my Royal-Mage-Commander-Swordsgirl line of development didn't hit.

I do sort of wish that there were multiple campaigns, so to speak, with different events. Once you know what's coming, it's fairly easy to prepare.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #116418 on: November 21, 2013, 01:03:19 am »

Beat "Long Live the Queen" by leading a fleet into battle, then dueling the enemy king and cutting off his head with a magic sword. And then turning 15. FUCK YES that felt fulfilling. Because the ability to blow things up with magic while maintaining stunning poise is obviously the most important trait of a good princess. Now it's time to go back and 100% it, find all the stuff that my Royal-Mage-Commander-Swordsgirl line of development didn't hit.

I do sort of wish that there were multiple campaigns, so to speak, with different events. Once you know what's coming, it's fairly easy to prepare.
What the fuck are you playing?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116419 on: November 21, 2013, 01:05:56 am »

Holy crap, The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug looks awesome. I think they actually made a dragon in a movie look like an actual, holy-fucking-shit-everyone-everywhere-ever-is-going-to-die threat.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116420 on: November 21, 2013, 01:09:15 am »

The best and to my knowledge only successor to PM2. Except with less creepy Japanese stuff and more feudal politics/dying horribly over and over. Which amount to the same thing, really.

3. Run Resize Enable

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116421 on: November 21, 2013, 01:23:23 am »

The best and to my knowledge only successor to PM2. Except with less creepy Japanese stuff and more feudal politics/dying horribly over and over. Which amount to the same thing, really.
Liar, there happens to be Princess Maker 3, Princess Maker 4, and Princess Maker 5. They just weren't released because only the successful and popular Japanese games get translated officially.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116422 on: November 21, 2013, 01:25:45 am »

I mentioned this game to a friend, who in turn linked me to a LP of Princess Maker 2, whose ads are all for Long Live the Queen. THE RIDE NEVER ENDS
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Niccolo

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Sweet top hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116423 on: November 21, 2013, 01:28:02 am »

That game looks way too much fun. WHY DOES IT APPEAL TO ME. Why is it that no matter where I go on Bay12 I end up discovering some new kind of crack?
What's wrong with using magma? That's almost always the easiest method.
I have issues channeling it properly to do that method. I end up flooding the fortress with magma.
Check out my RtD!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116424 on: November 21, 2013, 01:29:05 am »

I just wish someone would translate the rest of the Princess Maker franchise. I mean Princess Maker 1 and Princess Maker 2 were translated, but unless there suddenly becomes a market for daughter raising simulators in Western society I don't think that's going to happen. Only reason Princess Maker 2 didn't get an official release is the company that was translating it went under before they could release it. Kind of depressing really.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116425 on: November 21, 2013, 01:46:03 am »

I honestly don't think that the West is ready for an officially-released series of games where you can force-feed your adopted daughter/godspawn bust enhancement pills. Or allow her to consort with the lord of the underworld, lowering her morality in exchange for gifts. Or send her off wandering around hellish wastelands to add to your income. Or marry her off to a pair of dragons. Or etc. etc.

Because in all seriousness, despite it being an interesting take on management games and a lot of fun, there are also parts that are really fucking creepy.

3. Run Resize Enable

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116426 on: November 21, 2013, 01:51:13 am »

I honestly don't think that the West is ready for an officially-released series of games where you can force-feed your adopted daughter/godspawn bust enhancement pills. Or allow her to consort with the lord of the underworld, lowering her morality in exchange for gifts. Or send her off wandering around hellish wastelands to add to your income. Or marry her off to a pair of dragons. Or etc. etc.

Because in all seriousness, despite it being an interesting take on management games and a lot of fun, there are also parts that are really fucking creepy.

I really want to punch you in the face for some reason. I don't know why so I'm just going to avoid this happy thread as it's not making me happy.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116427 on: November 21, 2013, 02:33:45 am »

Personally, I am not super-comfortable with a game where a father foists bust-enhancing drugs, skimpy clothing, and a career of exotic dancing on his daughter. Like, maybe games about parenthood should not be trying to make it sexy or whatever?

Just a thought, Japan. :I

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116428 on: November 21, 2013, 02:34:19 am »

but she's adopted that makes it okay right?????????

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116429 on: November 21, 2013, 02:36:13 am »

Personally, I am not super-comfortable with a game where a father foists bust-enhancing drugs, skimpy clothing, and a career of exotic dancing on his daughter. Like, maybe games about parenthood should not be trying to make it sexy or whatever?

Just a thought, Japan. :I
Now I haven't actually played any of the Princess Maker games, but my impression is that none of those things are required at any point by the game.

Just a thought, players :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7760 7761 [7762] 7763 7764 ... 13325