Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7757 7758 [7759] 7760 7761 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787234 times)

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ( ლ)] He comes (Happy thread)
« Reply #116370 on: November 19, 2013, 08:20:51 pm »

I just realized how much I improved on my cello skills over the summer. :D
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116371 on: November 19, 2013, 08:53:02 pm »

http://www.johnnywander.com/comics/461
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh goodness xD That really reminds me of how I got into my first games along that kind of style.
The confusion ended in hilarity. More along the friendly side, but I was...confused for about a week post-explanation, until I got what was being talked about.

I'm still confused by AD&D 2e AC, and I've never even played it. WHY IS LOWER ARMOR BETTER!? WHY DOES A +1 SHIELD MAKE YOUR AC GO DOWN!?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116372 on: November 19, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »

I'm still confused by AD&D 2e AC, and I've never even played it. WHY IS LOWER ARMOR BETTER!? WHY DOES A +1 SHIELD MAKE YOUR AC GO DOWN!?  :P
When I say first time, I mean first time. Try misinterpreting AC as Air Conditioning and wonder 'what the heck' on how the abbreviations are used.

Needless to say, I spent hours on the manuals. I love manuals.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #116373 on: November 19, 2013, 09:04:58 pm »

Oh goodness xD That really reminds me of how I got into my first games along that kind of style.
The confusion ended in hilarity. More along the friendly side, but I was...confused for about a week post-explanation, until I got what was being talked about.

Your AC is considered a modifier to the attack roll. So if someone has a THAC0 of N and your AC is -M, they need to roll N on a roll of 1d20-M. In modern D&D terms, the attacker determines the DC and the defender determines modifiers rather than the other way around. I don't know why it works this way, probably has something to do with the origins as a war game, but that's how I understand it to work.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116374 on: November 19, 2013, 09:07:13 pm »

Because of dumbness (me not looking at the calendar), I was surprised when our test wasn't actually due this Thursday, as it commonly is.  Our test is now due on the 28th.  I now have an extra week to take my test, and can pretty much just relax for this entire week.  Man, it is never this chill with these tests.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #116375 on: November 19, 2013, 09:07:33 pm »

Your AC is considered a modifier to the attack roll. So if someone has a THAC0 of N and your AC is -M, they need to roll N on a roll of 1d20-M. In modern D&D terms, the attacker determines the DC and the defender determines modifiers rather than the other way around. I don't know why it works this way, probably has something to do with the origins as a war game, but that's how I understand it to work.

I know, I was just poking fun at how unintuitive it is. In other words, a sure sign that it was probably an artifact from wargames.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #116376 on: November 19, 2013, 09:10:11 pm »

So the first rule of beta is you don't talk about beta, basically?
Probably the tightest NDA i ever seen as i also received a beta invite today.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116377 on: November 19, 2013, 09:48:38 pm »

I know, I was just poking fun at how unintuitive it is. In other words, a sure sign that it was probably an artifact from wargames.

It can get even more confusing on some Diku-derived MUDs.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #116378 on: November 20, 2013, 12:10:21 am »

So apparently one of Pink Floyd's earlier names was "The Meggadeaths".

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #116379 on: November 20, 2013, 12:39:44 am »

It's such an amazing feeling to blow my nose and be able to breath again.

I am so jelly right now. *blows jelly out of nose*
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116380 on: November 20, 2013, 12:40:24 am »

Ah, nothing like falling asleep to the sound of rain pitter-pattering on the roof of my truck. Only thunder could make this better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116381 on: November 20, 2013, 12:53:00 am »

He's such a dork, I love him o3o
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #116382 on: November 20, 2013, 01:08:10 am »

>.>
<.<

So here I am listening to Spirit: Stallion Of The Cimarron. The soundtrack that is.

I get hit my a train of nostalgia that I'm crying inside at the memories from the music..
... :'(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116383 on: November 20, 2013, 01:10:51 am »

I may be helping make some software, on a team of small awesome, hobbyist developers working without pay, for a school that needs it :D

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #116384 on: November 20, 2013, 01:59:38 am »

In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 7757 7758 [7759] 7760 7761 ... 13325